Jews and Palestinians are genetic brothers

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Ronstar, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

The genetic research is clear. At least from the side of male DNA and haplotypes, Jews and Palestinians are brothers.

Many genetic studies have demonstrated that most of the various Jewish ethnic divisions and the Palestinians and other Levantines, like the Druze[11][12][16][38] and Bedouin,[11][12] are genetically closer to each other than the Palestinians or European Jews are to non-Jewish Europeans or Africans.[11][12][87] One DNA study by Nebel and colleagues found genetic evidence in support of historical records that "part, or perhaps the majority" of Muslim Palestinians descend from "local inhabitants, mainly Christians and Jews, who had converted after the Islamic conquest in the seventh century AD".[87] They also found substantial genetic overlap between Muslim Palestinians and Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews, though with some significant differences that might be explainable by the geographical isolation of the Jews and by immigration of Arab tribes in the first millennium.[87]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Jews#Palestinians

High-resolution Y chromosome haplotypes
    of Israeli and Palestinian Arabs reveal geographic substructure
    and substantial overlap with haplotypes of Jews

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/tcga/tcgapdf/Nebel-HG-00-IPArabs.pdf

In a study of Israeli and Palestinian Muslim Arabs, more than 70% of the Jewish men and 82% of the Arab men whose DNA was studied, had inherited their Y chromosomes from the same paternal ancestors, who lived in the region within the last few thousand years. "Our recent study of high-resolution microsatellite haplotypes demonstrated that a substantial portion of Y chromosomes of Jews (70%) and of Palestinian Muslim Arabs (82%) belonged to the same chromosome pool."[25]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Jews#Paternal_lineage.2C_Y_chromosome

High-resolution Y chromosome haplotypes of Israeli and Palestinian Arabs reveal geographic substructure and substantial overlap with haplotypes of Jews

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s004390000426

2. Ronstar

But when it comes to our female or mitochhondrial DNA, Jews most resemble Italians. :)

Conclusion: Male Jews who lived in southeast Europe or who moved there from Judea after the defeat by Rome, took on Gentile European wives and started the ancestors of the Ashkenazi and Sephardic peoples.

3. MGB ROADSTER

MGB ROADSTER Banned

All people came from Adam and Eve ( the snake was an Arab ), What's your point ?

4. Ronstar

Adam and Eve never existed.

This topic is about science, not fantasy.

Margot2 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. MGB ROADSTER

MGB ROADSTER Banned

Billion Christians say you are wrong.
    Do you have proof that they never existed ?

6. Ronstar

its a logical fallacy to demand someone prove a negative.

do YOU have any evidence that they existed?

7. MGB ROADSTER

MGB ROADSTER Banned

An old book is indeed not pure evidence... BUT, if you believe in math and logical numbers , we can assume as an example that
    the 7 Billion people on earth were 4 Billion ( let's say 40 Years ago ), which were 1 Billion ( 80 years ago ) , which were 100 Million
    ( 300 years ago ), and so on & on ... until you reach lower numbers and finally - 1 pair.

8. Ronstar

since we are brothers, maybe we should get along a wee bit better.

9. alexa

alexa Well-Known Member Past Donor

10. Ronstar

if the Palestinians were indeed the DIRECT descendants of the ancient Jews, their DNA would be identical of that of the Samaritans. The Samaritans are direct descendants of the ancient Israelites, never converted, and never inter-married.

11. alexa

alexa Well-Known Member Past Donor

How do you know this? I remember a study where all the different sub groups of Jews had a relationship to each other but the people in the middle were the Palestinians and the Palestinians had a closer relationship to all Jewish groups than the Jewish groups had to themselves. I am not talking of incest. Have you read the link I gave. I believe this is very possible and have done possibly since I read much of what is in that link along with genetics.

12. MGB ROADSTER

MGB ROADSTER Banned

Are you talking to me ? :hug:
    How can i call those who want to force Shariah on us as my brothers ?
    How can i call those who put bombs in buses as my brothers ?
    How can i call Muslims who kill other Muslims as my brothers ?
    Not now.. not soon.

13. Ronstar

ALL Palestinians are trying to convert you to Islam?

ALL Palestinians put bombs on buses?

ALL Palestinians kill other Muslims?

talk about racist stereotypes.

14. stuntman

stuntman Well-Known Member

Not all of the Arabs want to kill and convert, but yes if an Arab state will established near to Israel there will be there a recist government, and they will continue to eliminate Israel from this earth, and they say it clearly (among themselves and not to the world).

So why should Jews would want that kind of threat near Israel?

You know even family members murdered their perents and brothers etc just because, so the rest of the family have to tolerate it?

15. MGB ROADSTER

MGB ROADSTER Banned

Did i write the word "Palestinians" :roll:
    talk about racist stereotypes

16. Ronstar

this thread is about Palestinians and Jews.

if you want to talk about Muslims in general, do it in another thread.

17. MGB ROADSTER

MGB ROADSTER Banned

So you admitt by writing several times the word "Palestinians" , your words were stereotypes ?
    As our "brother", you should apologize.

18. Ronstar

you should stop trolling.

19. MGB ROADSTER

MGB ROADSTER Banned

I was just trying to have a cultural conversation.
    Later..

20. Ronstar

constantly accusing me of not being a Jew, isn't having a conversation.

its a personal attack, and I don't appreciate it.

21. MGB ROADSTER

MGB ROADSTER Banned

I just don't appreciate those fake Muslims who hide under different flags and identities.

22. Marlowe

Marlowe New Member

Muslims like Christians , are from different nation states with different flags .

Back to topic - the most recent study (2013) Mt-DNA of Ashkenazi Jews

A study at the University of Huddersfield led by Professor Martin B. Richards, the results of which were released in October 2013, analyzed about 2,500 complete and 28,000 partial Mt-DNA genomes of mostly non-Jews, and 836 partial Mt-DNA genomes of Ashkenazi Jews.

The study concluded that 65%-81% of Ashkenazi Mt-DNA is European in origin, claiming that all four founding mothers were European, and that most of the remaining lineages are also European.

The study claims that only 8% of Ashkenazi Mt-DNA is Middle Eastern in origin, and the origin of the rest is unclear. They wrote:

If we allow for the possibility that K1a9 and N1b2 might have a Near Eastern source, then we can estimate the overall fraction of European maternal ancestry at ~65%. Given the strength of the case for even these founders having a European source, however, our best estimate is to assign ~81% of Ashkenazi lineages to a European source, ~8% to the Near East and ~1% further to the east in Asia, with ~10% remaining ambiguous... Thus at least two-thirds and most likely more than four-fifths of Ashkenazi maternal lineages have a European ancestry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Jews#Y-DNA_of_Ashkenazi_Jews

The dispute amongst Geneticists continues.

////

23. Ronstar

how dishonest of you to ONLY discuss the mitochondrial DNA.

the male DNA of Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews is from the Middle East, NOT Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, so now you're calling me a Muslim????????????????????????

24. Marlowe

Marlowe New Member

Who is s JEW ?

Jewish by birth
    Wiki says " All branches of Orthodox Judaism and Conservative Judaism today maintain that the halakhic rules (i.e. matrilineal descent) are valid and binding

According to halakha, to determine a person's Jewish status (Hebrew: yuhasin) one needs to consider the status of both parents. If both parents are Jewish, their child will also be considered Jewish, and the child takes the status of the father (e.g., as a kohen).

If either parent is subject to a genealogical disability (e.g., is a mamzer) then the child is also subject to that disability. If one of the parents is not Jewish, the rule is that the child takes the status of the mother (Kiddushin 66b, Shulchan Aruch, EH 4:19).[8] The ruling is derived from various sources including Deuteronomy 7:1–5, Leviticus 24:10, Ezra 10:2–3.[8]
    Accordingly, if the mother is Jewish, so is her child, and if she is not Jewish, neither is her child considered Jewish.

The child can be considered Jewish only by a process of conversion to Judaism. The child is also freed from any disabilities and special status to which the father may have been subject (e.g., being a mamzer or kohen) under Jewish law.

=== Like everything "Jewish" 3 Jews will probably have 33 differing opinions + explanations .

Oy-vey

25. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

No enlightened person believes that european jewish ppl are the descendants of the biblical Israelites.