Oops! Looks like Gun Owners in Conn. are Ignoring their silly gun laws

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by JIMV, Jan 28, 2014.

1. JIMV

JIMV Well-Known Member Past Donor

http://bearingarms.com/connecticut-...-assault-weapons-and-high-capacity-magazines/

The problem with grabbers is that they refuse to understand citizens will overwhelmingly NOT give up their rights simply to please leftist elites.

I firmly believe gun owners have figured it out. The grabbers could not care in the least if the Constitution protects citizens. If it gets in the way of grabber politicians, then it becomes simply a speed bump on the way to oppression...

2. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

One of my workmates lives in Connecticut and he told me that he just moved all guns affected by the new legislation to his brother's house just across state line.

3. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

More and more gun owners are just ignoring registration and other unconstitutional gun laws. I believe they will just opt for a "jury of their peers" and walk every time.

Liberals have went full totalitarian. Stalin would be proud.

4. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

We saw the reality of our situation in Boston when that bombing occurred. The city was locked down with a militarised police force patrolling the streets and searching people's homes. We see it also with the surveillance situation, of course. We know we have no rights today. We have only the false impression of having them. As soon as government has any excuse to violate them, it will, just as it has already repeatedly done.

They like to have our loss of rights on the books where ever possible, of course, but they won't let that stop them either if they see a need.

5. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

Can't call yourself a law abiding gun owner if you are not following the law.

They should have their guns confiscated due to ignoring the law.

Seriously, if you own it legally why would you risk getting in (*)(*)(*)(*) and hide it? Because some derpoid says they are going to take them from you?

They sound like criminals to me.

6. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

Gun derpers talk tough too.

"There will be bloodshed if they try to take my guns"

People who say that sentence (in the comment section of that article) should not be allowed to own any gun. These people sound mentally ill and should not go near a gun.

7. Regular Joe

Regular Joe Well-Known Member

Cdn- One cannot call himself a Free Man if he bows to these fascists. I see a HUGE hole in this thing. The law says that people have to register *assault weapons*. By definition, this applies only to things like RPG's, shoulder fired missiles, grenades, mortars and such as that. You know; weapons that one would use in the course of waging an assault.
    If they said *assault rifles*, that would apply only to military grade firearms that have selective fire, enabling them to fire in semi-auto, full auto, or short bursts. I hear the the newer M-4's can only fire in semi or burst.
    Now, if the law referred to semi-auto sporting rifles, the citizens might have reason to feel imposed upon.
    Believe it or not, Cdn, this out of hand government who believes that they can ignore the Constitution is EXACTLY what the second amendment is all about. A Free Man can have only one response: Molon Labe.

8. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

Do you even know what a fascist is? The government in Ukraine are fascists. Yours? Not so much.
    But one day I hope you find out what an actual fascist government looks like. Because that word is thrown around too *******n much on this site. You don't like the democrats because you disagree with their policies. That doesn't make them fascist. So until you learn the meaning and significance of the word I suggest you stop using it.

9. JIMV

Sort of individual nullification...Government makes unconstitutional laws and the citizens ignore them

- - - Updated - - -

You read the numbers...do you think the state can really go door to door searching for the million or so illegal scary looking things the 'laws' regulate?

10. 3link

3link Well-Known Member Past Donor

How long before the next school shooting in Connecticut?

11. fiddlerdave

fiddlerdave Well-Known Member Past Donor

Better hope you don't get a jury of pot smokers or gays in a state that still bans their individual freedoms of actions and association.

They may well take a dim view of the very selective support of "freedoms" from the Right Wing.

12. JIMV

How long before the next flu pandemic? The answer to school shootings is armed employees shooting back.

13. 3link

3link Well-Known Member Past Donor

You mean armed teachers? Why didn't you just say armed teachers? Because we both know how ridiculous that sounds?

14. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

If everyone is packing heat, it will be a very very long time, indeed...

Adam Lanza woulda been swiss cheese, of course, then the left would be on his side, cause he was a victim, instead of a killer.

15. nom de plume

nom de plume New Member

Gun owners who are stubborn and defiant about complying with the laws of their respective states are, so far, managing to get away with toying with and skirting some of the laws. If they continue with their childish, defiant behaviour, President Obama may no longer tolerate it and using executive action he will order everyone to turn in all their guns and ammunition to the proper authorities.

Once such a federal order is issued, the people of the gentry of Connecticut would rush to show that they are examples of good law-abiding citizens and surrender their guns to designated authorities.

Thank you

16. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

LOL

That is funny. This is an accurate representation of how the country feels. And this is in Connecticut....imagine trying to pull this below the mason dixon line.

Even the blue states and saying no to your gun laws. Anti-gun people...you guys are in some trouble if a northern blue democratic liberal state like Connecticut is telling you and your gun laws to shove it.

4% lol....

But keep up the good fight! One day things will change....ONE DAY!!!! :cheerleader:

17. Nightmare515

Yeah just like they did when their state government said register your guns and ammo :roflol:

18. JIMV

Actually I meant armed guards but you do raise an option. Do you believe teachers are to inept to be armed?

- - - Updated - - -

I have to assume your post is jest as no one really believes an illegal executive order from Obama the disliked would be obeyed by anyone aside from drones of the left.

19. Goodoledays

Goodoledays New Member

:roflol:It would be better for them to make a deal with the nitwit leader. Tell him they will give up their weapons if he stops lying.

20. GeddonM3

GeddonM3 Well-Known Member

there have been "criminals" with guns well on before this such as gang bangers and other street thugs yet only now you are coming forward to condemn people?

oh wait, its law abidinjg citizens you are after as you dont care much about the street thugs and such. Limiting the law abiding from arming themselves is all that matters, you will continue to ignore the true criminals of this nation as you guys havent made a peep about limiting them.

21. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

You only need 1 gun owner on the jury. The odds are excellent for the Freedom Loving Gun Owner.

22. Nightmare515

You know the Left is seriously peeing their pants right now.

Even in Connecticut, home of Sandy Hook, the birthplace of this anti-gun fiasco, the citizens have shown what they think about gun registration and restrictions.

If THAT place doesn't even comply with gun registration laws how in the holy hell do you think you are going to get the rest of the country to do it? You can't even get liberal democrat run Connecticut citizens to cooperate, AT ALL, how do you EVER expect to get the citizens of a place like Texas or Alabama to comply?

This article was honestly a shock to me, I thought more people would be giving in seeing how this is Connecticut and Sandy Hook happened there. Just goes to show that even liberals know when the government is crapping on their rights. I am proud of them, I honestly didn't expect this to happen.

23. JIMV

I figure gun owners have figured out that the new 'laws' have nothing at all to do with the shooting and are not willing to lose a Right just to please grabbers and hysterics.

24. one more clone

one more clone Banned

Doesn't sound ridiculous to me. I had some teachers you didn't mess with. If kids knew coach was packing they'd think twice.

- - - Updated - - -

If Obama was stupid enough to do that he'd lose the country overnight

25. Husky23

Husky23 New Member

The Brown shirts are over that away's, same place the 'Juden' placards are.