More Conservatives than Liberals Belong to Mixed-Race Families

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Wehrwolfen, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Wehrwolfen

Wehrwolfen Well-Known Member Past Donor

by Daniel Greenfield
    January 31, 2014

These aren’t terribly surprising results. National politicians with mixed-race families have tended to be Republicans. Both McCain and Mitt Romney had mixed race family members. It may be because conservatives are more likely to adopt children than liberals.

Indeed, among families with step-children or adopted children, 11 percent of conservatives were living in mixed race households compared to 10 percent of liberals living in mixed-race households.

Similarly, 9.4 percent of Republicans living in step- or adopted families were in mixed-race households, compared to only 8.8 percent of Democrats in such families. (Again, this small advantage for Republicans is not large enough to be statistically significant).

The differences are not significant, but they are real.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
    http://linkis.com/www.frontpagemag.com/z89Bw

I'm sure that this will be fought tooth and nail by the Left. But it is true. How do I know? We have two interracial marriages in my family. All are republican conservatives.

2. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

To the left, this might seem fairly counter intuitive, but it has been my observation, although I don't know exactly why it would be, Maybe the left are really just hypocrites about race (say it isn't so).

Meanwhile, every night I get to hear Chris Matthews tell me that people like me are racists, but he lives in a virtually all white community while I live in a very mixed neighborhood.

https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=%23MyRightWingBiracialFamily

3. smevins

smevins New Member

Maybe it is only because people with jobs can afford to buy them a wife through the Sears & Roebucks catalog :email::couple_inlove:

Really doesn't surprise me that much. The more money you have, the more likely you can afford to adopt someone further from your natural circle of friends, be that white or black.

4. Riot

Riot New Member

Read today that a study showed that liberal drink more alcohol than conservatives. I guess they need it to deal with their lying to the American people.

5. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

Haven't looked over the study, but based on the highly biased opinion piece on it, the difference aren't statistically significant which means that there is no difference detectable statistically between the groups.

A disingenuous and dubious interpretation by someone spinning data from a right-wing rag. What a surprise...

6. rkhames

rkhames Well-Known Member

I love when posters that show flags from countries other then the US comments on US political opinions. In this case, you do not understand basis of the OP. It has constantly been said that Conservatives in the US are racists. A statement that is based on ignorance and an attempt to divide the US population. It is in keeping with the Liberal concept of Divide and Conquer society. Recently, a commercial for Cheerios cereal featured a mix racial family. The Ultra-Liberal MSNBC tweeted that the Conservatives would not be happy about that. It was just another attempt to call Conservative racists. When the RNC threatened to boycott the stations programing, then MSNBC issued an apology.

The OP was pointing out that the percentage of Conservatives having mixed race families were slightly better then Liberals. The point is that the statistics show that there is no division between Liberals and Conservatives on the issue of mixed-race families.

Now, if you want some spin on this topic, it is that this is another example that Liberals lie.

7. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

Could that be because conservatives teach their daughters to avoid black men and they do just the opposite.

8. Shiva_TD

Shiva_TD Progressive Libertarian Past Donor

Well gee, go figure. Those with an economic advantage in society (WASP's) are more likely to adopt because they can afford to. It's amazing how more money leads to more adoptions. It's also not surprising that they might tend to be "conservatives" that want their token (fill in the blank) family member to hide their racial prejudice (according to a 2012 study 79% of self-identified Republicans expressed explicit anti-black racial prejudice).

9. Riot

Riot New Member

Show me your proof.

10. TRFjr

TRFjr Well-Known Member Past Donor

the poll wasn't about fathers with daughters or sons in interracial marriages it was about the ones that are in interracial marriages or adopted interracial children
    If the conservative father taught not to be in a interracial marriage you would also believe they would have taught them to be conservative. then they would have done the opposite and become liberal if the did the opposite on interracial marriage
    Your false meme about conservative's being racist is crumbling around you and now your trying to make lame excuses to keep it going

11. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

When I was in the Army, you saw alot of white female soldiers who kicked it with black men and one of the main things they would say is that their fathers would forbid them from messing with a black man. So out of curiousity many of them would want to know why their fathers called black men the forbidden fruit.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, conservatives and racism speaks for itself. It is definitely not something I have to try and prove you guys do a job of that all by yourselves.

12. Riot

Riot New Member

And you know they were republican by how? You say with them to hear their political views? Were they social republicans and but had liberal economic views? Tell me what were these parents political leaning. Were any progressive leaning? Any of them tea party?
    Seem to me you are injecting your view of these people as republicans without knowing just to push your racist views.

13. TRFjr

TRFjr Well-Known Member Past Donor

and wouldn't you also think they would become liberal if their father taught them to be conservative? they went against their fathers wishes when it came to interracial relationships what would make you think they wouldn't do the same on politics? your argument is very weak

14. Shiva_TD

It also wasn't about interracial individuals with "dark skin" like Barack Obama that are considered "black" in America. Virtually all "African-Americans have an inter-racial genetic past, many because their female ancestors were raped by their white slave masters and produced mix-race children (that were therefore "property" and not persons). Very few of the African-Americans in the United States immigrated to the United States voluntarily and are of "pure African based genetic" heritage. Most are mixed race generally because of rape by white male slaveholders that owned their ancestors.

The fact is that the term "black" refers to skin color and not to any significant genetic difference between people. Genetically we're all the same but because of skin color there is discrimination based upon a social construct of society that has no foundation except invidious prejudice.

15. Wehrwolfen

Wehrwolfen Well-Known Member Past Donor

Obviously you have a reading comprehension deficit. In that case Democrats teach their daughters more about bias and bigotry than conservatives.

16. Shiva_TD

There are actually studies that link "conservatives" and "Republicans" with racial prejudice.

Of course "social conservatives" and "Republicans" with racial prejudice will be the first ones to scream bloody-murder that these studies are incorrect but what they can't do is provide any conflicting studies that dispute these studies.

17. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

So you think they teach their daughters to avoid black men, so they do the opposite, but they still stay politically conservative? Interesting.

And what about liberal white dads? Do you think they teach their daughters to date black men, but they do the opposite and only date white guys?

18. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

They may not have been Repub, but they were conservative.

Uh don't you the political views of most folks you know?

The woman I would probably label as liberals, of course you know what their fathers were.

Probably conservative, repub. There was no such thing as a Tea Party back then.

My racist views. You are nothing but a hypocrite. Now you ask me for an example I give you a first hand view and now you want to claim I didn't talk to the women we just screwed them.

19. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

Not the daughters, the fathers.

Some of them are the same and some of them have no problem with it.

No, they usually accept whoever makes their daughters happy. Come on Mike don't play naive on this, you know what I am saying is the truth.

I am a licensed electrician and I have been in conversations with alot of guys on the jobsite and they will tell you that they don't want their daughters to date a black guy. With that said I have talked to many black guys who also say they don't want their daughters dating a white guy. So the pendulum swings both ways in alot of cases.

20. Riot

Riot New Member

Again how do you know? Were they wearing a pin. I think you are stereo typing.

21. Riot

Riot New Member

Show me where I claimed that. Lol hell I never even thought you had enough game. Lol joking
    But I never said that. I just hate when people assume someone's political views by looking at them.

22. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

Looking at them, these were folks I actually talked to.

23. Riot

Riot New Member

That's what I asked the first time. If you talked to them. If you had a conversation with them about politics. Thanks for clearing that up. After several post. Lol

24. Not The Guardian

Not The Guardian Well-Known Member

I understand the point of the OP, and while I accept the number of Republicans interviewed signifies marginally few more live in mixed families.

The elephant in the room is the question that wasn't asked.

WHY?

Noting that the survey most likely asked participants to identify themselves as conservative or liberal - as opposed to Republican or Democrat - could it be because more people identify as conservative rather than liberal?

Or that many blacks (and other racial groups with strong religious and familial mores) identify as conservative but vote Democratic?

Or that racial prejudice is less prevalent today in our young people than older people?

Or that it's easier to adopt black children than white children?

Or that it's quicker to adopt black children than white children?

Or that perhaps the mixed race child could be the result of a familial encounter hushed up?

I could go on, but it's obvious there's a lot more to this than the survey indicates.

25. Not The Guardian

Not The Guardian Well-Known Member

Added to the above: Or that there's more black children up for adoption?