Japans new nuclear weapon program

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by Akuma, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Akuma

Akuma New Member

http://enenews.com/report-secret-ja...larger-than-china-india-and-pakistan-combined

My personal opinion about this is very positive. I dont trust USA, its not a valuable alley and Japan has the ability to build thousands of nuclear warheads in just some weeks / months. That way we are able to scare china off from doing stupid stuff regarding senkaku or other adventures. I'm glad this stupif hiding game and nuclear latency finally ends. We were able to build up this program behind the umbrella of science, energy and space exploration. In just two years we have the largest nuclear arsenal right behind USA, russia. ours would be larger than China, India and pakistan combined. Since we have JAXA, we can hit any point, any time we want.

2. TRFjr

TRFjr Well-Known Member Past Donor

I want to apologize for the United States for not being trust worthy in the help of Japans defense
    Our national debt has gotten us in bed with countries that we have no business being in bed with and it has weakened our ties with our allies. allies we have signed treaties with to help defend for exchange of them limiting their own military

3. Akuma

Akuma New Member

Japan can't afford pacifism anymore, thats the basic line. I dont see how USA is trustworthy in worstcase.

4. TRFjr

hope you understand it is our government and not our people. you have always treated us with respect and always welcomed us into your country to visit or live with exchanges of culture, and I hope you feel our people have treated your country with respect as you visit and live in our nation

5. Akuma

Akuma New Member

Its not about people i think and its not even negative. Its just that japan can not place its future in trust. Its time for us to move on. Our SDF is already under the top 10 army worldwide. If we push that pacifism away we can build up any arsenal possible.

6. TRFjr

no the OP has a very legitament concern We are in bed with a nation caused by them holding a majority of our debt and we have signed a treaty with Japan that we promised to come to their aid militarily if they are threatened in exchange for them limiting the size and strength of their own military
    Now China the nation that holds a majority of our debt is beginning to flex it muscles and Japan is concerned are we going to honor the treaty and come to their defense if the crap hits the fan, and risk China calling us on the debt and demand payment or are we going to sit it out of fear that is what China will do if we get involved

7. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

There is no will in Japan for a nuclear weapons program. Japan also signed the non-nuke treaty. Even if japan had nukes, they wouldn't be stupid enough to use them against China over a couple of rocks in the sea. The OP claims the US isn't a trustworthy allie, and yet who was the first to fly bombers thru the newly declared air defense zone declared by China? Here's a hint, it sure as (*)(*)(*)(*) wasn't the Japanese. Who's navy is in international waters in the east china sea facing of with Chinese muscle flexing? Here's a hint, it sure as (*)(*)(*)(*) isn't the Japanese.

This is just the typical line of Japanese nationalistic BS the OP is so well known for.

Personally I think we should throw treaties with countries like Japan in the trash. They wouldn't last a day against China.

8. TRFjr

so for over 60 years of that treaty Japan has upheld their end of the bargain and have limited their military and you want to tell them never mind your on your own sorry your 60 years behind your threats military Japan has every right now to want to gain nuclear capability, and if you want the US to throw the treaty in the trash like you suggested I feel we should give them those nukes

9. Akuma

Akuma New Member

China is a 3rd world country and should be treated like one. And for bluespade, you dont know about our nuclear program? We use nuclear latency. :) that way we can go around the treaty. Its even called the japan option...or being just one screwdriver away from the nuke.

10. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

What has Japan upheld? Being protected at the expense of US taxpayers?

If Japan wouldn't have commited wars of aggression, genocide, and crimes against humanity, they would have never had restrictions placed on their military in the first place.
    If Japan wants nukes, let them pay for their development . And even if Even if Japan reveled they had a nuke program, they would be speaking Chinese the next day.

Enough Americans have had to shed blood on the account of the Japanese, so I see no further need to waste American lives for the sake of Japan.

11. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

The Chinese economy dwarfs your own economy. Your military is nothing compared to the Chinese military. The Chinese have nukes that would make Hiroshima look like child's play
    Once again, you are delusional.

12. Akuma

Akuma New Member

chinas military is cheap stuff, quantity over quality. We talk about technological gap of roughly 40 years, their pride is a 30 year old ukrainian aircraft carrier...our Izumo alone could sink their entire navy. One nuke on their yangtze dam and they lose 1/3 of their population. One our side we have the ability to stop evry single rocket laujch still on their launch pad.

China cant even feed its population. What you dont understand is, that japan did always crush china. They cant deal with absolute brutality. We have nose hills in my home city. They were build from cut off and salted chinese noses we collected in 15th century. You are delusional because you dont know asian history and culture.

But i find it ironic how easily you fall for their potemkin propaganda. :D

13. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

Good to see yet another country possesses the means of mass genocide/extinction.

*sarcastic clapping

14. TRFjr

if you can get every nation to get rid of their Nukes I am all for it but that will never happen and sense that will never happen its best for the countries that do have them is to keep them

15. Wolverine

More countries with nukes, more people with fingers on the trigger, higher probability that a mistake will occur.

Mass extinction almost occurred multiple times during the Cold War, it will not be any different now.

16. Akuma

Akuma New Member

so you honestly advocate japanese people should live with a gun pointed between our eyes?

17. Wolverine

I honestly believe the threat of mass genocide, or quite inevitably the threat of mass extinction, trumps whatever notion of nationalism you may have.

18. Akuma

Akuma New Member

I ask again, you believe Japanese people dont have the right for self defense and fending for their interests?

19. Wolverine

I just answered your question, in case you didn't notice.

Ever hear of the Strawman Fallacy?

20. PCFDobby

PCFDobby New Member

Japan still hasn't come to accept its past in the same way Germany has. As a result Japan has been hated for its hegemony over the region by nearly all its neighbours. Building nukes is just going to exacerbate tensions in the region further. Not just between japan and China but Japan and both Koreas and Japan and Taiwan too. This will just create a regional cold war of which Japan is as equally to blame as China, it's only very recently that China has started to flex its muscles.

21. Akuma

Akuma New Member

We accept our past. We are proud for it. We killed less people than mao. Mao portrait still hangs in beijing, as long that is there i feel no regret.

22. PCFDobby

PCFDobby New Member

You're proud of your past? As in you're proud of your obscene concentration camps? You're proud of the invasion of Manchuria and the Nanking massacre? You're proud of Korean comfort women? You're proud of pearl harbour?

Japan slaughtered millions and committed numerous mass killings and you're proud of this? Seriously?

I'm not defending Mao's actions but as you pointed out China is not a developed country yet. If Japan wants to be treated with respect on the world stage, it HAS to come to terms with its past just as Germany has.

23. Akuma

Akuma New Member

USA has guantanamo and bagram. Why should i feel regret for camps? Evry nation had them.

The invasion of manchuria was nothing what others did not too. USA does it till today.

Nanking was normal war activity, USA used same methods in philippines. US motto was "kill evryone over 12" Marc Twain wrote a book about it.

Korean comfort women were used from US troops later as well and i don't see you bizch about it. most were paid prostitutes anyway.

We slaughtered millions? You blame us now for others weakness?

We are not a western country and we have our own values, don't push your judeo christian cap on me.

24. Natural Evidence

Natural Evidence Member Past Donor

25. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

Considering the unspeakable brutality your 'brave' soldiers have displayed and the massacres of innocents and other atrocities-including medical experimentation on live subjects- you perpetrated, I'd say don't push your luck. If you think bayonetting babies, tying women to trees for bayonet practise is an example of 'normal war' then, frankly, you need a reality check. Tell us about these 'values'. Evidently human life isn't one of them.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1...=516&page=5&start=45&ndsp=12&ved=0CPIBEK0DMDA
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26029614

Brutality, murdering innocent men, women and children for the hell of it is nothing to be proud of. I would be deeply ashamed.