Man fatally Shoots Self In Head While Giving Gun Safety Lessons

Discussion in 'Gun Control' started by gamewell45, Feb 26, 2014.

1. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

2. OrlandoChuck

OrlandoChuck Well-Known Member

Lets get this straight. This man in no way was teaching his girl or anyone about gun safety. No educated person teaches gun safety by pointing the gun (loaded or not) at themselves or anyone else.
    Rule # 1 of Gun Safety... Treat every gun as if it is loaded.
    Rule # 2 of Gun Safety.... NEVER point the gun at any thing you are not willing to destroy.

This man was absolutely negligent.

3. smevins

smevins New Member

I understand the appeal of stories like these, but all they really say to me is that someone with good intentions who was trying to help others in the community died in an avoidable accident. We all do stupid things at some point or the other.

4. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

Darwin Who Art in Heaven, cleanse the gene pool.

- - - Updated - - -

How many people put a gun to their head to demonstrate the safety?

How the hell is that helping other people? By violating no fewer than five of the gun safety rules?

5. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

Where is the evidence that he was an NRA member? No NRA member I know is stupid enough to point a gun at his own head. The first rule of gun safety is to assume that every gun is loaded, and treat it as if it were. Sounds like a Darwin award winner, not an NRA member.

6. smevins

smevins New Member

Well, I bet they never do after witnessing it.

7. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

HAHAHAAHA, this is true.

8. Greataxe

Greataxe Well-Known Member Past Donor

9. stjames1_53

stjames1_53 Banned

so when someone from the other side kills himself it is cause for celebration? think about that for just a second.,,,,You do have double standards because if someone ease gets killed by gunfire, you weep and moan about it, not laugh and go on your merry way...........much less let slip your dogs of war by decrying the immoral turpitude of gun ownership.
    What a stupid post

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member Past Donor

I just LOVE these threads... I like highlighting the good the bad and the ugly...yours is ugly...Here is good.
    http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense/mo-mother-opens-fire-on-home-invaders-to-save-family/
    Thank God we don't limit the ability of law abiding citizens to defend the lives of themselves or family due to the stupidity a few eh? Thanks for starting the thread.

11. gamewell45

So who's celebrating champ? The post was so stupid yet you felt compelled to respond to it.

12. gamewell45

Just send your monetary contribution to politicalforum.com website in my name. Thank you.

13. Small Town Guy

Naw... How about in the name of the 2nd A cause :)

14. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

May his soul rest in peace. May whatever god he believes in look after his soul.

15. Small Town Guy

And the souls of those who were unable to procure the proper instrumentation necessary to defend their lives because of government intrusion, when the evil they faced was free to do so at will. AMEN!

16. gamewell45

Ok that works. :)

17. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

This is supposed to be a chance to remember the fact someone died, not to further an ideology. Knock off using his death. It's disrespectful for the dead.

18. Small Town Guy

No it's disrespectful to hamstring citizens with laws that prevent them from saving their own lives or that of others. Knock off using a political forum to keep people from doing that!

19. gamewell45

Let's everybody play nice now.

20. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

It's disrespectful to the dead to use their deaths when they have no voice. You can talk about whatever you want, but using the dead is nothing more then a low point and sign that you can't argue logically and instead must use someone who can't even correct you when you make a fool of yourself. So knock it off. The dead are resting, let them rest and not be a part of something as dirty as politics.

21. Small Town Guy

Naw it's disrespectful to use the dead as a cause to restrict an equalizer for the young, the old, the infirm, the handicapped as a method of applying some ill informed opinion that has absolutely no proof that it applies when their lives are on the line. Those who died because they had no method of defending their lives because of the asinine belief that the gun was the cause of all evil were disrespected by that atrocious supposition. Please show some respect by acknowledging the government was the cause of their demise......nuff said eh?

- - - Updated - - -

LOL I didn't use any bad names did I?

22. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Sure, and when someone talks about that I will also tell them to stop disrespecting the dead. Until then, stop using the dead. It's disrespectful.

And once again, I will honor the dead because there lives mattered. I will blame the people who are at fault, but I will not do so using the dead. I'm asking you to show the exact same basic respect I give to the dead, which is simply not using them as pawns that have no choice.

23. Small Town Guy

When you admit that government intrusions cause the death of innocent people by restricting their god given rights to defend their lives I will stop...until then you are a pawn in the antigun campaign. You have no respect for the dead....you only have hatred for gun s...your post prove I speak the truth...time to quit the awww shucks campaign eh?

24. gamewell45

Haha, no your fine. Just a little sense of humor thrown in the break the tension :)

25. stjames1_53

stjames1_53 Banned

The anti-gun crowd DOES parade around pictures wailing and thumping their chests pointing at those pictures saying "We must eliminate all guns and we don't care if that act is lawless" or "We need justice for this little girl or boy" (displaying a hoodied pic of Martin decrying how this "child" was murdered but a gun wacko. "We need to take the guns away from lawful owners because another has behaved badly," as they wave a pic of a little girl from Sandy Hook.
    I haven't seen any pro-gun crowd using pictures of dead people to support their cause. You see, Libs will say anything, make up any facts, and try to destroy truth by any means possible. Some are thinking of the criminal's right to break into homes and do horrific things, things that don't happen (apparently) in other countries. and some from other countries feel sorry for the criminal that gets stopped by a homeowner with a gun. Then you try to shame the homeowner for taking a defensive path that YOU judge to be immoral.
    You do realize that we [pro-gun] have been more civil about the gun debate than those who support the destruction of our Bill of Rights.