THU 900PM, MSNBC documentary 'Why We Did it' (the REAL reason we went to IRAQ)

Discussion in 'Music, TV, Movies & other Media' started by cpicturetaker, Mar 4, 2014.

1. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

I'll certainly be watching. IF IT WASN'T ABOUT THE OIL, then WHAT WAS IT FOR?? (We know you can't BOMB someone into creating and accepting a democracy). So, yeah, I'd like to know!! We owe it to the young men and woman who died there. We owe it to their families. And frankly, we owe it to the 1,000,000 DEAD IRAQIS (of course since we still don't acknowledge the CIVILIAN CARNAGE we wrought, I guess we won't worry about what they think).

I'd love to think we might LEARN what NOT TO DO again. But I've now lived long enough to see Viet Nam and Iraq and in another 25 or 30 years, I feel sure we'll INVADE SOMEONE SOMEWHERE. And we will probably lose that too.

THURSDAY NIGHT 9PM, MSNBC

Maddow said her documentary concludes that if the United States is to avoid "these kind of protracted foreign occupations, like we did under the previous president, we can’t effectively make good decisions about that until we understand why we did that."

"We know the public case for why we went to Iraq was not true," Maddow said, adding that her findings for the documentary were "disturbing."
    "It's getting at the question that needs to be answered," she said.

2. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

So now you Liberals are changing your propaganda? It wasn't about the oil?

Also, placing the death of Iraqis unilaterally on the U.S. is a bunch of crap.

3. SourD

SourD New Member Past Donor

It will be pure propaganda for sure. But you'll eat it up.

4. Hotdogr

Hotdogr Well-Known Member Past Donor

Some say GWB went into Iraq because it was on his to-do list anyway, and 9/11 gave just him the opportunity.

5. Terrapinstation

Terrapinstation Well-Known Member

Is Maddow still on the air? lol

BTW, if we went to Iraq for oil, why the (*)(*)(*)(*) is gas still $3.65 a gallon? Remember the good ole days, when Bush left office, when gas was $1.61 a gallon? Thanks Obama!

6. Pardy

Pardy Well-Known Member Past Donor

Since Iraq didn't have WMD's, and there was no reliable evidence that they had WMD's, or that they would use them, why do you think that the USA invaded Iraq?

I hear lots of reasons from the right:

1) To depose a tyrant... even thought there were far worse tyrants in many other countries.
    2) To liberate Iraq... even though Iranians were just as oppressed.
    3) To get a gateway from the gulf to Afghanistan... even though they don't touch
    4) War is good for the economy

I never thought it had much to do with oil -- there were plenty of other sources of oil that Iraq had no influence over. I think that the main reason was that G.W. Bush saw his father's popularity surge during the first Gulf War and he wanted the same results.

7. SourD

SourD New Member Past Donor

Saddam used WMD's on his own damn people. You don't think that is proof that he had them? LMAO!

8. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;Cwqh4wQPoQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwqh4wQPoQk[/video]

9. Pardy

Pardy Well-Known Member Past Donor

That was in 1988. Since then, Iraq underwent routine inspections for WMDs.

Are you saying that Bush invaded Iraq in 2003 because of something that happened in 1988?

Are you saying that the nation with the most nuclear weapons (WMDs) invaded Iraq because they may have had WMDs?

10. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Good thing we live in the information age isn't it? imagine if we couldnt view the real information and had to take the everchanging words of liars on the left.

Here we can see, that for all the blame of Bush....the left and it's heroes were fully convinced and on board.

11. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

I've been wondering where the anti-war left had gone since Obama took over. Funny how they are still living in the past.

12. BestViewedWithCable

That is completely false

- - - Updated - - -

If they were forced to admit the truth, theyd all kill themselves.

oh wait... nevermind, that would require integrity.

13. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

NO, as usual you have it wrong! BUSH AND CHENEY said it wasn't about the oil! I always THOUGHT it was about the oil! I KNEW it wasn't about the WMD. I already KNEW it wasn't about AL QAEDA being there. THOSE WERE BUSH AND CHENEYS RATIONALES, I mean lies, about why were going there. Now I'd like to find out WHY we went there!! This might not be the most definitive of MOTIVES, but I'm gonna watch anyway.

As for DEATH TOLL. Over 1 million Iraqis DEAD -- DON'T LIKE IT, take it up with M.I.T./Johns Hopkins/The Lancet. They stand by their 3 x peer reviewed war mortality statistics and I have ZERO, repeat ZERO reason to believe that they didn't get it right. And every reason, repeat every reason to believe that BUSH/CHENEY and the PENTAGON would refute/deny those numbers! 1 in 28 Iraqis dead from the BUSH INVASION.

14. BestViewedWithCable

[video=youtube;Cwqh4wQPoQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwqh4wQPoQk[/video]

15. Turin

Turin Well-Known Member

Let me provide you with a small lesson economics.

The president has absolutley NO control over the price of gas. The price of gas is set by the global market. Period.

The only way a president can control the price of gas, is to ensure that more gas is reaching the market. More gas on the market = cheaper prices.

And before you even say "OMG Keystone!!!!!" even if there had been no obstruction of that pipeline being built, it still would not be completed today, and the price of gas would still be what it is.

Fact is, that we have had a brutally harsh winter in the US. Gas prices spike because of that.

But I know it makes you feel better to blame the black man in office right?

16. dixon76710

dixon76710 Well-Known Member

He already had Afghanistan, if he had been merely looking for popularity.

17. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

It was on his to-do list IN APRIL 2001. 6 months before 9/11. Several generals have ADMITTED that. Some was 'shocked and awed' by the beligerence.

18. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

wHERE WAS THIS MOVED TO?? It's a 'current event' about a DOCUMENTARY this THURS. I don't understand.

19. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

I think the reason we did it was that Israel perceived Iraq as a threat and wanted to reduce Iraq's military. When Israel says "jump" our only question is "how high" because Bush had surrounded himself by Israel-first PNACer neocons. The documentary will be pablum and, of course, won't even examine this issue so we still won't know why we did it.

20. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

It's still alive and well but what is really funny is how the pro-war crowd is attempting to gut the military now that Obama has taken over.

21. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

Nah, it's true alright. Scott Ritter said there were no significant WMDs in Iraq (and there weren't). You kids simply chose to believe Judith Miller and the Mossad instead of the UN inspectors. Let's just say you were chumped.

22. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

You typed a whole lot here, but said nothing.

Can you please tell us... what was the Iraq invasion actually about?

23. Hotdogr

Hotdogr Well-Known Member Past Donor

I have believed that all along, and still do today, though I've never seen (or sought out) any solid evidence.

24. Terrapinstation

Let me give you a little history lesson.

When gas prices skyrocketed under Bush, every nightly news program on television's lead story was 'high gas prices', 'pain at the pumps', etc, etc. Bush was always shown, and since he's an 'oil man', he was the reason. Odd how you don't remember any of that? It's truly bizarre how we haven't heard one thing in 5 years about gas prices, even though they are consistently higher under Obama than they ever were under Bush.

Of course, once prices got high, Bush announced we'd start producing more oil, opening reserves, etc, and naturally the price dropped to $1.60. Why hasn't 'the black man' done the same?

25. Terrapinstation

He has no idea. Maddow is going to tell him on Thursday. Didn't you read the OP?