Marine Drill Team Images and Video

Discussion in 'Warfare / Military' started by longknife, Mar 8, 2014.

1. longknife

longknife New Member

2. Herkdriver

Herkdriver New Member

No one else is going to reply to his, but I will. My alma mater, the college I went to, Parks College in Illinois, since merged with St. Louis University right across the river...had and has, one of the better Class "A" Rifle Exhibition Drill Teams in the country. It's composed of students, male and female, in the St. Louis area and most go on to serve in their respective military branches or just civilian life. I was in AFROTC at Parks, and tried out for the team in 1983 as a Sophomore. Needless to say, I didn't pass muster...I was cut. Demoralizing, but I've always been fascinated by drill teams. What makes the "Parks Guard" team so unique is their style of marching, the slow 40-step per minute cadence. I actually found a video of them on Youtube, which I'll post heretofore. I can appreciate the discipline required to make drill look so easy, when it is in actuality tough to do.

[video=youtube;gokS8gF8du4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gokS8gF8du4[/video]

3. Wizard From Oz

Wizard From Oz Banned at Members Request

Always loved watching these guys and the "Old Guard" drill team at Edinburgh tattoo over the years

Here is an example when it does not quiet go to plan

[video=youtube;o9q7b_2tkMo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9q7b_2tkMo[/video]

4. Herkdriver

Herkdriver New Member

There was a Joint Service Honor Guard Drill Competition which included teams from the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, the Merchant Marines, the Coast Guard and the Air Force...in 2012.

The Air Force team won it with lots of rifle spins and tosses...a flawless performance even with one of the rifles breaking at one point...the show went on; that's right the Air Force beat the Marine Corps drill team!

The equivalent of the 1980 USA vs. Russia...in upsets.