Flight 370 Conspiracy theories coming out

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by texmaster, Mar 10, 2014.

1. texmaster

texmaster Banned

Details concerning the sudden, Saturday disappearance of Malaysian Airlines flight 370 continue to trickle in. Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, the head of Malaysia's Civil Aviation Authority, said the missing Boeing 777 carrying 227 passengers an "unprecedented mystery."

In short: We have no idea where the plane is, where the passengers are, or if they're even alive.

Here's what we do know: The flight disappeared on Friday night/Saturday morning en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. The plane was at cruising altitude (35,000 feet) and weather was more or less clear. Air traffic controllers in Vietnam say contact with the crew disappeared about 120 nautical miles east of the Malaysian town of Kota Bharu, and radar signals suggest the plane may have turned around before losing contact.

And yet, nearly three whole days later, there are still no signs of the jet or its passengers. And an oil slick spotted in the South China sea originally thought to be a clue turned out to be a false lead:

Adding another wrinkle to the case, the Wall Street Journal reports that airliners "such as the Malaysian jet also carry emergency beacons to transmit the aircraft's location in the event of a mishap so that rescue teams can reach the site."

These beacons, called emergency locator devices, are activated by impact on land or water, along with other emergency communications equipment. Malaysia's aviation regulator said no signals were received from flight MH370's beacon.

"There are many theories that have been said in the media," Rahman said during a press conference. "Many experts around the world have contributed their expertise and knowledge about what could happen, what happened....We are puzzled as well."

http://www.fastcompany.com/3027462/...ll-missing-conspiracy-theories-flood-the-inte

Here is what I don't understand. Where is the debris? You would think if it crashed into the ground or water there would be some sort of debris and now they have ruled out the oil slick as being from the plane.

Aviation isn't my strong suit but I'm assuming if it exploded we would see some sort of debris by now unless the area is so huge they can't narrow it down.

2. Hotdogr

Hotdogr Well-Known Member Past Donor

My question is this: Why do they not stream telemetry data and cockpit voice to the ground rather than collect it in those archaic 'black boxes' that have to survive and be found?

My conspiracy theory: Entire aircraft abducted by aliens. :alien:

3. LivingNDixie

LivingNDixie New Member

UFOs

When it comes to conspiracy theories that is always the one I go to.

Reality is the plane is probably further away or in different place then they are looking. That or it didn't break up. Airplanes have gone missing in the ocean and never been found.

4. zbr6

zbr6 Banned

Desmond forgot to push the button.

5. nra37922

nra37922 Well-Known Member

Approximately 35,000 ft up and traveling at 300+ mph over the ocean, doesn't surprise me that nothing has been found yet. They may end up finding stuff blown into China when this disaster finally is figured out

6. LivingNDixie

LivingNDixie New Member

Oh man that is good. One of my favorite TV shows.

7. Channe

Channe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Many family members are claiming they are able to call the people who were on the flight - it rings a few times and hangs up

- - - Updated - - -

Modern planes are nearly impossible to lose like this

8. Alien Traveler

Alien Traveler New Member

Nope. No aliens, believe me.

9. MisterMet

MisterMet New Member Past Donor

I'm not sure what happened, but I'm positive Putin had something to do with it.

10. hseiken

hseiken New Member

hahaha

EDIT: Thinking about it, there could be experimental hacker technology to override the flight path from remote location, maybe this was first mainstream test to redirect a plane somewhere without immediate suspicion.

Likely not, but there's my theory. No aliens, just new school hacking. They can already hack into cars and override car systems from remote computers. The CIA admitted to having this technology already and that it would be easy to duplicate from a bedroom laptop.

11. akphidelt2007

akphidelt2007 New Member Past Donor

12. Piscivorous

Piscivorous New Member

Not quite. Due to Polar Vortexes and Global Warming the Bermuda Triangle has shifted to somewhere over China.

13. nra37922

nra37922 Well-Known Member

Well I think we can rule out the Amish or can we?

14. MisterMet

MisterMet New Member Past Donor

It's a truly bizzare situation when a fuking jumbo jet can literally disappear. But, i'm not sure I'm trusting the drinking water in Malaysia or Vietnam, much less trust their ability to track and communicate with something 35,000 ft in the air. The thing probably blew up or crashed in the ocean and the reason they can't find anything is because there are a bunch of Vietnamese rowing thier little wooden boats in circles in a fuking area the size of Texas.

15. LivingNDixie

LivingNDixie New Member

And can you speak for your little gray friends?

16. Rapunzel

Rapunzel New Member Past Donor

17. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

18. Stuart Wolfe

Stuart Wolfe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Bush's fault!

19. akphidelt2007

akphidelt2007 New Member Past Donor

I have literally no problems with profiling middle easterners. Although, the Iranian was the guy who bought the tickets, he wasn't on the flight.

20. wgabrie

wgabrie Well-Known Member Donor

I hope someone can launch some spy satellites, if they weren't there already and look for signs of the plane. Maybe get some of those deep underwater sonar ships to look for clues.

I hope it wasn't Aliens. Or maybe I do. It would be the only outcome where the passengers might still be alive and return alive some day, maybe...

I don't think Russia was involved, they're too busy focusing on Ukraine.

I don't think China cares.

Terrorism might have done them it. Who knows?

Maybe there were international hijacking criminals on that flight and the passengers are now slave labor in some unknown mine, somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

21. Wehrwolfen

Wehrwolfen Well-Known Member Past Donor

The only conclusion that can be made at this time is that Flt 370 never arrived at it's destination. Until the plane, the wreckage. or debris field and especially the "Black Box" is found no one can come to any conclusions. The mystery that has been injected into this is two men carrying stolen passports. Other than that we will leave it to the 'truther's' to come up with conspiracy theories.

22. Wehrwolfen

Wehrwolfen Well-Known Member Past Donor

Theoretically that is happening. The 777 streams data to a central station when flying, transmitting engine and flight information.

23. 10A

10A Chief Deplorable Past Donor

Air France Flight 447 disappeared in similar conditions. It took them 5 days to find the wreckage. The cause of that crash was ice on sensors, then pilot error plus poor cockpit control design. Basically the plane went off autopilot because of ice (it was otherwise perfectly flyable). The crew then put it into a stall from 38,000 ft until it crashed into the ocean.

I'm not saying anything like that happened to this flight, but there are many possibilities beyond terrorism.

24. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

That's what I'm beginning to think. A UFO came cruising along and sucked it into their space ship and sped off......

It is strange. No communication, no debris, no .... nothing.

2 passengers had stolen passports and got on the plane. And then it totally disappeared......

25. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

As another poster pointed out, there is nothing ridiculously unheard of regarding this recent tragedy. It is unusual - but not unheard of - for no debris to be found within 3 days. Obviously they are searching the route that the plane expected to have taken, but they will expand the search once those areas are covered. The plane could easily have been off course.

My personal theory is that this wasn't a plane malfunction. I'm not ruling out something from the surface hit the plane, though. (Not necessarily, like, a bomb planted on board). Or maybe a pilot went crazy, which has happened before. I guess we'll see.