I believe that Mr. Mitt Romney should consider running again?!

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by DennisTate, Mar 23, 2014.

?

Should Mitt Romney run again?

1. Yes... I like to see persistence in a politician.

22 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. No.... once was enough!

45 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes...and a Utah State currency sounds like a good idea.

8 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. No..... I prefer another candidate!

31 vote(s)
    31.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

Personally.... I liked the man!

I feel that Mormons could well be the group of people who will actually apply the lesson leaned from the economic experiment of Worgl, Austria during the Great Depression.

A Utah State currency unit directed toward a "Unified Theory of Modern World Problems" might be just the boost that the American economy needs at this time!!!????

North American churches should each have their own currency!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am of the belief that each large church in North America should discuss the printing up of their own church currency unit such as has been done by a group of socially active citizens in Calgary, Canada with their CalgaryDollars.ca

Here is a good article on how important local currencies were during the Great Depression:

Surely everybody who reads this article would agree that we have many advantages over the people who lived in Worgl, Austria during the Great Depression?!

If they can do it....why can't we?

Here in Canada the only problem that we have to watch out for is that we must pay the same rate of taxation if we earn Calgary Dollars as if we had earned Canadian dollars....so we have to keep our level of bartering at the point where our tax bill doesn't get to high.....but if we volunteered our time and our church earned a local currency from another church....it could be amazing where this could lead!

2. Burz

Burz New Member

Sure, I'd love to vote against my own interests.

3. johnmayo

johnmayo New Member Past Donor

Mitt Romney can't campaign against obamacare effectively. No need for mitt to run again.

DennisTate likes this.
  4. DennisTate

If the political leadership of the State of Utah would back him up.... he would in a sense have unlimited financing available to him.

A Utah State dollar..... is one of the best ways to attempt to apply the monetary policy experiment initiated by President Lincoln....with virtually no risk of devaluing the USA dollar????!!!!!

I read an article back in '94 on how President Lincoln had saved Americans four billion dollars in interest payments and I have been wracking my brain for twenty years trying to figure out how to apply this information without causing something of a Weimar Republic Effect???!!!

http://www.michaeljournal.org/lincolnkennedy.htm

5. DennisTate

Mormons of course tend to take Isaiah chapter 35 seriously.

Isaiah 35:1

The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.

Isaiah 35:6

"Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert."

A response to climate change that is based on an ancient Islamic prophecy could be a great policy initiative that could potentially alter the economy of the Middle East and in the process save the lives of thousands of Christians living in the Islamic world who are at this moments targets for ethnic cleansing.
    http://www.angelfire.com/moon2/koran/index.blog?topic_id=1021110

This is possible theoretically:

http://saharaforestproject.com/

Deserts turned green........ plus.... money becomes abundant..........this could alter the world economy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. DennisTate

If.... a significant percentage of the young people of the State of Utah were willing to become something like... "Jethro Bodine.... movie producer at your service"...… then soon two Mormons could be knocking on your door...… armed with a HD video camera and a suitcase full of Utah Dollars......… you could be offered minimum wage..... simply to attend a one hour service at the Mormon church...............................

7. johnmayo

Yeah climate change is certainly a prophecy as likely to occur as the revelations.

8. DennisTate

Personally... I lean heavily toward time not being limited to being linear.... but instead branches off in many direction more like the Jewish seven or nine stick menorah. Ezekiel 37 rather than being a one time event...… may perhaps actually happen as many times as necessary for universal salvation to be achieved.

The concept of Universal salvation....in my opinion...… can also be applied to job creation, health care, preventative medicine, literacy..........etc., etc.,, etc......

www.CarbonBias.blogspot.ca/

Theoretical Physics seems to fit with Near Death Experiences.

If all of us humans can be compared to an I.Q. test....how high of a score do you expect a Creator Dad and Mom, composed of fundamental energy would score?

http://www.allaboutchristian.com/spirituality/index.html
    Christian Andreason:
    "I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. (II Corinthians 12:2-4)

9. johnmayo

Yeah it won't be an issue in this ethereal plane but maybe in another dimension. Lets keep the top down energy regulations in that dimension as well

10. Sanskrit

Sanskrit Well-Known Member

Romney has not run against a nonincumbent, which is exceedingly difficult to pull off historically in American presidntial politics, so in his shoes, would consider another run. If he ran againt Clinton, it would be "wealthy outsider v wealthy DC insider" so some of the irrational "plutocrat" negativity might be reduced.

11. sparquelito

sparquelito Banned at Members Request

Mitt Romney is a good man, but I don't think he has the sex appeal and head-turning qualities to make him a viable rock-star candidate.

It's sad that it is that way, but this is the 21st century in America.
    You can't just be honest, accomplished, credible, and good-intentioned.
    You have to be an insincere, shiny pop-star and look good on the beach with your shirt off.

Most of the voting majority who reelected the most recent insincere pop-star couldn't tell you who the Vice President is, nor could they name two members of the US Supreme Court.
    But they can tell you all about Kim Kardashian's affairs, J-Lo's huge a$$, and everything that is going on with Snooki and Honey Boo Boo.

Sad it truly is.

ibobbrob likes this.
  12. Burz

Burz New Member

I've gone to Church for less.

13. Unifier

Unifier New Member

He did seem to grow into a more respectable candidate by the time it got down to the actual election. But overall, he was never anybody's first choice. And that was the problem. The GOP needs to run somebody that actually energizes people to vote. Not that just creates a resentful feeling of, "Ugh! Fine. He'll do."

14. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Well-Known Member Past Donor

That might be because he started talking like a rational person instead of a rabid right-winger toward the end.
    The intolerant right tore his soul out and turned him into an idiot lapdog who had to pander to their extremist bull(*)(*)(*)(*) to get the nomination.
    He then tried to etch-a-sketch himself into an adult character for the election but he was already tarred as damaged goods.
    The cons will never produce a viable potus candidate if they have to pander to the far right to nominate someone.
    Right-wing ideology is repellent to the majority of voters and any con who panders to them in the nomination has already lost the general election.

15. nra37922

nra37922 Well-Known Member

Bring back Nixon

16. Unifier

Unifier New Member

You really don't have any clue what you're talking about, do you?

17. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Well-Known Member Past Donor

I guess that you slept through the 2012 election.
    The cons are headed for the same extremist dead end in 2016.
    Enjoy.

18. mikezila

mikezila New Member

you want to vote for Obummer again?

- - - Updated - - -

that's why i'm voting for Kate Upton.

19. DennisTate

Excellent point Sanskrit!

Actually..... considering that he was running against an Incumbent President...... Mitt Romney did AMAZING WELL in the 2012 election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. DennisTate

Canada's P. M. Stephen Harper is what I have to term a "Christian Intellectual." The decency and compassion in which he repeatedly treats Canada's Gay Community are in my opinion something of a litmus test. I personally am a member of Canada's Liberal Party because Climate Change is a huge issue with me.....but...... P. M. Stephen Harper does definitely deserve credit for many of the things that he does.

It is theoretically possible for Mitt Romney to get together with P. M. Stephen Harper and come up with a strategy that could save the lives of hundreds......more likely thousands.... even more likely tens of thousands of minority groups all across the Middle East............ all at the same time that they do NOT initiate a Carbon Tax.... but at least..... they address one aspect of climate change...... which is directly combat damage to coastal communities through a plan that brings peace to the Middle East AND directly combats world hunger AND.........

http://www.politicalforum.com/polit...conservatives-worry-about-climate-change.html

HAB Theory and getting Conservatives to worry about climate change!
    Dr. Albert Einstein took The HAB Theory very seriously:

http://www.habtheory.com/1/100.php

21. DennisTate

This is a valid point Unifier!

.... but........... if the State of Utah..... got excited about his being chosen to run again......... which would certainly prove that Americans do not hate Mormons........ then serious backing from one state....... has the potential to alter the entire formula!!!!!!?????

Last time around............ the average resident of Utah made it a point to not be too radically pro-Mitt Romney because they realize that being too vocal...... could potentially result in persecution for Mormons all across the USA and around the world. If he were chosen again though....................... the formula would be entirely different............

Do you know why Orthodox and Chassidic Jews dress the way that they do? One of the reasons is so that the monarchs and aristocrats of all European nations would fear Jews less........if they dressed completely different from anybody else............... if the monarchs and aristocrats fear your people somewhat less......... the intensity and frequency of pogroms can be somewhat reduced!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.politicalforum.com/political-opinions-beliefs/322565-gods-peace-plan-holy-land.html

God's Peace Plan for the Holy Land
    I read this intriguing plan for peace in the Middle East twice already! It is about fifty pages and well worth your time to consider!

http://www.godspeaceplan.org/

(Scroll down to the link: Click Here to Download Your Copy of the Peace Plan).

Here is a review by an Islamic scholar:

22. DennisTate

Mr. Mitt Romney....... all members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints....... would you be willing to assist my friend Mr. Mordecai Spiro to arrange the transfer of the remains of Rabbi Nachman of Breslov to some location in Israel?

In my opinion...... Rabbi Nachman of Breslov...... taught many of the exact same things that Rabbi Jesus/Yeshua taught back in the first century.

Although I am personally not yet a Mormon.... I find that members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints are some of the most amazingly well read Christians that I have ever met. It is amazing how many of you have already read..... The Book of Jasher... the Book of Enoch.... the Apocrypha..... numerous near death experience accounts... the list goes on and on and on!

I am sure that most Mormons would consider many of the saying of Rabbi Nachman to be nothing less than inspired!

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Nachman_of_Breslov

23. Burz

Burz New Member

No, I have no interest in voting for Obummer.

24. DennisTate

I am actually Canadian so I can't vote for either Mr. Obama or whoever perhaps replaces him as leader of the Democratic Party....... or for Mr. Romney or whoever replaces him as leader of the G.O.P..... but...... I frankly find American politics fascinating and have followed your elections since I was a teenager back in the '70's!

(Is Mr. Obama limited to two terms)?

25. Unifier

Unifier New Member

This doesn't really refute anything I just said, does it?