Time For A Scott Walker Thread

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by ProgressivePatriot, Mar 24, 2014.

1. ProgressivePatriot

ProgressivePatriot Well-Known Member

We haven't heard much about this one as a 2016 contender yet but he's on the horizon......not to soon to start building a case:

In a desperate attempt to make himself look presidential, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) is claiming that Ronald Reagan ended the Cold War by busting U.S. unions.

According to the Washington Examiner, Gov. Walker said:

"When Ronald Reagan took that action against the air traffic controllers, that in my mind was the beginning of the end of the Cold War. And the reason was, from that point forward nobody doubted how serious Ronald Reagan would be as president. Our allies knew that they could trust him, that he was rock solid. Our adversaries knew not to mess with him. And even though he presided over an incredible buildup in our nation’s national defense, in our military, we had very few, very limited military engagements during his eight years as president."
    :flagus:

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/03...ald-reagan-ended-cold-war-busting-unions.html

2. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yep, problem for you is that he is right. Maybe you don't remember "Ronald Raygun" with his finger on the button.

3. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what your point is. Walker made a speech praising Reagan? Shocker.

4. ProgressivePatriot

I sure do. And in the shorter term you might want to recall remarks by Palin and McCain about Russian aggression. God help us if one of them were president now. They might well have provoked WW III> And Romney called them our #1 geopolitical foe. Do we need this jingoistic, moronic bull(*)(*)(*)(*)?

5. Hoosier8

You mean by being a strong leader and not ignoring foreign relations Putin might not have made his aggressive move.

6. TRFjr

TRFjr Well-Known Member Past Donor

Putin played Obama for the chump he is. Putin studied Obam for 5 years and rightfully came to the cunclsion he is weak a wuss a punk draws lines and doesn't do crap when they are crossed. Do you think Putin word have waltz into Ukraine if Obama stood his ground in Syria when they crossed the line on chemical weapons? or backing off on the missile defense system in eastern Europe or being soft on Iran's nuclear weapons program

7. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

So could the ayatollahs.

8. ProgressivePatriot

Please explain what exactly Obama could have done to prevent this, and what he should have done differently after the fact. Please be specific, give reasons, and consider possible unintended consequences

9. johnmayo

johnmayo New Member Past Donor

Scott Walker - he is that guy with a surplus and 3 tax cuts under his belt right? Fought the unions and got the kids a better education value? Lets talk more about this guy, and how we can get him into the white house. I agree. Surely you can't name a Democrat governor that did the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Place NATO troops in the Ukraine. Then Putin couldn't invade just like they couldn't roll into West Berlin. Putin wouldnt cause nuclear war with the US just for a piece of Ukraine.

10. johnmayo

johnmayo New Member Past Donor

So....Palin, and Romney being right is dangerous, but Obama being ignorant is a life saver? The logic of the left is so backwards it makes me wonder if you were all knocked in t he head as children.

11. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm Canadian but I spend more time keeping up with American political leaders than ones here in Canada.

I got the impression that President Reagan did an amazing job of cooperating with Pope John Paul II to play their role in bringing down the Iron Curtain!

Documentary, reality and semi-reality science fiction projects..... "Made in the USA" could play a significant role in boosting your economy!

Metaphorically "breaking chains and setting captives free" certainly seems like a truly American thing to do.... and now with HD cameras at such low prices........ A "Volunteerism Dollar and/or Hour" that is used to turn North American volunteerism into a database..... could radically transform the world entertainment industry!?

https://www.facebook.com/notes/denn...ician-the-film-series-concept/310416062401072

12. DennisTate

You have certainly got my attention JohnMayo..... I will have to research this guy!

And your idea regarding the Ukraine...... sounds like it could work!!!!

13. reallybigjohnson

reallybigjohnson Banned

If he wasn't such an underwhelming speaker I would like him to run as I reside in his state. He isn't perfect but he is probably the best governor in the country at least in regards to getting results. Unfortunately the last guy the GOP had running was also very wooden and he couldn't beat Obama with a crappy economy hanging around his neck.

14. DennisTate

President Obama has definitely given world leaders the impression that the probability of him doing anything like President Reagan did to get the hostages out of Iran is highly unlikely!

On the plus side....... I'm Canadian.... and once you come to grips with how to finance it....... Obama Care could potentially become one of the best things to happen for Americans in quite some time!

My idea on the financing of Obama Care might be to inspire the people of Utah to print up a Utah Dollar....... and convince the Mormons to send out missionaries who are backed up with lots of Utah Dollars and carry HD cameras as well..... and are willing and able to hire homeless people in America..... to become actors playing the role of homeless people..... and then the Mormons figure out a way to help them step by step to become a little more famous....... and be able to afford an apartment or house...... Or perhaps Utah Dollars could be used to finance better and larger group homes??!!

Basic this is this idea reworked...... and reworded...... for a different group of people:

http://www.politicalforum.com/polit...urrencies-finance-films-address-problems.html

New Age Communities can print local currencies finance films that address problems?!
    At this time I tend to believe that New Age Groups may be the most likely to successfully initiate local currencies and use them to finance film projects in which homeless people could become actors playing the role of homeless people.... .which could easily finance their buying or renting homes????!!!!

http://www.whatcomwatch.org/php/WW_open.php?id=717

15. reallybigjohnson

reallybigjohnson Banned

For starters the idiot shouldn't have turned our back on the agreement we had with Eastern Europe to place missile defence systems there. Poland was especially pissed off about that. He had several layers of economic sanctions at his disposal and only did the bare minimum. And have you forgotten the bill overwhelmingly passed by Congress and the Senate including a majority of Democrats for tougher sanctions against Iran that Obama just ignored. Your fearless leader is an incompetent moron on the international stage. Maybe instead of getting your info from DailyKos you should check out what international media like the BBC or CBC etc have to say about Obama's horrendous foreign policy. The BBC has been particular critical of him on that issue.

16. DennisTate

President Obama is one of the best speakers in the world.............. and at this time..... Americans might just be kind of tired of eloquent speakers???!!!!

17. DennisTate

I suspect that members of the Democratic Party may be more likely to watch films like "The Secret" that is in the documentary as well as in the spirituality section of Netflix..... I love this film.... I believe it is accurate..... but when one aspires to high political office............. the people you are responsible for........ depend on you for protection........ and brilliant and true spiritual principles that work great for individuals....... may not be the best approach for political leaders to take???!!!

18. reallybigjohnson

reallybigjohnson Banned

I think you are underestimated how boring a Scott Walker speech is. Romney is electrifying compared to Walker. His measured calculating personality means he doesn't say stupid things nor does he make rash decisions but its also his downside.

As for Obama..........he is horrible at speeches. Everyone, including Obama supporters I know admit that if he doesn't have a teleprompter he sucks. I even had someone admit that Bush was much more engaging in his speeches and that guy voted against Bush both times.

19. amartin7889

amartin7889 Active Member

20. DennisTate

On the plus side President Reagan's method of breaking unions........ was a lot better than the restrictions in credit of 1929 that were at least partly done with a similar goal in mind?!

21. DennisTate

It seems to me that Mitt had the election won back in 2012 but then Hurricane Sandy came along........... President Obama responded to it brilliantly.......... and earned himself major good will all across the USA!

Mitt almost beat an incumbent President which is something that happens on extremely rare occasions!

22. DennisTate

On the other hand a powerful case can be presented that President Putin is setting in motion a plan to devalue the USA dollar.......... and an opponent of his caliber should not be underestimated!

http://www.politicalforum.com/lates...-doing-russia-actually-abandoning-dollar.html

Russia Is Doing It – Russia Is Actually Abandoning The Dollar

23. Hoosier8

You mean Obama responded to it 'brilliantly' with rhetoric. Actual followup was a mess.

24. DennisTate

OK.........… I am Canadian so we do tend to only see a portion of what is happening in America but...… like many other Canadians I think I do a better job of keeping up with what is going on in America than I do with events in my own country!

I didn't know about the actual follow up being a "mess!"

The caliber of your posts on other topics imply that you are probably largely correct about this as well!?

25. Hoosier8

Well first, one can draw comparisons to Hurricane Katrina and the different way the politicians were portrayed by the media. For instance, Obama's fly over was treated completely differently in the media. If treated like Bush, everyone would be saying something different.

Hurricane Sandy Anniversary 2014: NYC Victims Still Waiting For Home Repair Funding Two Years After Storm Hit New York