Part 15 of Post Your Tough Questions Regarding Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Mitt Ryan, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitt Ryan

Mitt Ryan Well-Known Member

Part 15 is a continuation of Post your tough questions pertaining to God/Jesus/Holy Bible and I will do my best to clarify and make sense of it to those who are unaware...I still have questions unanswered in Part 6 thru 14.
    Also I might answer questions that are on other members threads and so this will keep me real busy with the many questions that I will answer from my point of view/perspective keeping in line with Scripture.

I don't want my intentions to come across as converting you or whatever lol... but rather clear up things etc... so ask away.

2. anomaly

anomaly Active Member

Why can't god write a book that is so clear and concise that he doesn't need you or anyone else to interpret it for him?

3. anomaly

anomaly Active Member

If sin dwells in us then how can god? It's my understanding that god can't share a space with evil.

- - - Updated - - -

What makes your interpretation of the bible any more correct than Rev. Fred Phelps?

4. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

Are you going to attack, name call and lie like you did in the last post of your Part 14??

- - - Updated - - -

Well:

A. He doesn't exist.

B. He must've been too stupid.

C. How would christians twist everything to suit themselves if it was clear.

5. anomaly

anomaly Active Member

Why do you hate Mormons and call them anti christian or false christians?

6. anomaly

anomaly Active Member

Why doesn't god kill babies in the old testament himself rather than ordering Jewish soldiers to do it for him.

7. anomaly

anomaly Active Member

Are Catholics real christians like your self or do you consider them fake christians like you do Mormons?

- - - Updated - - -

Why didn't god have Noah build an ark large enough for the dinosaurs? Does god hate dinosaurs?

8. anomaly

anomaly Active Member

Why are there hundreds of different variations and interpretations of gods inerrant book the bible?

9. Mitt Ryan

No, it's not. Again you are wrong which is not unusual. The Bible tells us God is spirit and so when the Bible tells us we were made in His image it means we have a spirit nature in us just like Him.

No, the Bible is vividly clear what happens to us when we die our physical deaths here on earth. There are no speculations coming from the Bible after all the Bible is the infallible Word of God.

The vast majority will be separated from God forever because it was their choice. The rest of us, the saved, will spend eternity with God in His Kingdom of Heaven because it was our choice.

God is leaving the choice up to us on where we want to spend eternity.

10. anomaly

anomaly Active Member

How can evil exist if god didn't create it? Is there another creator that we don't know about?

11. anomaly

anomaly Active Member

If there are no mistakes in the "infallible Word of God" why then are there literally hundreds of different bibles saying hundreds of thousands of different things?

12. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

:) You might as well give up...."inconvenient" questions are NOT answered here .... :)

13. anomaly

anomaly Active Member

I want to spend it in the dirt of the earth is that a choice or is this whole choice thing just a lie?

14. anomaly

anomaly Active Member

"And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart."

Why would god repent for something he did if everything he did was good or infallible?

15. anomaly

anomaly Active Member

Actually I'm looking at 14 of this series and reposting the questions he never got around to!

I know he must have just overlooked them and is not ignoring me as that wouldn't be a very christian thing to do!

16. robini123

robini123 Well-Known Member

Wait... he answers questions? I have asked a couple and am still waiting... and waiting... and waiting... and.......... months go by........

17. anomaly

anomaly Active Member

How do you verify that Abraham was spoken to by God.

How do you verify which God it was that spoke to him ?

How do you verify that Abraham was not delusional and made the whole thing up?

18. trevorw2539

trevorw2539 Well-Known Member Past Donor

It's in the Bible of course. What more verification do you need? :roll ::wink:

Oooops I forgot. My names not WarRen.:frown:

19. anomaly

anomaly Active Member

I read in the King James Version of the bible that trees clapped their hands ... do you think those were Palm Trees?

20. anomaly

anomaly Active Member

If everything that happens is part of god's plan,... then wasn't his plan all along to kill everyone but Noah and his kids by drowning them, then use a symbol that would later be adopted to support homosexuality, as his sign of his promise not to do it again?

21. robini123

Exactly! And when we ask for empirical proof that the Bible contains the word of God they either go silent, draw parallels like "Jerusalem exists thereby proving everything the Bible says is true"... and if all else fails they attack.

I do not understand why Christians cannot ever say that they have no proof that the stories in the Bible are true, and their belief is a matter of faith and not Biblical fact.

I believe in God, but ask me to prove the existence of God and I will well you that it is an exercise in futility to prove the existence of a theological intangible. But then again I do not force my faith on others nor does the God I know demand that I proselytize.

But none the less it is entertaining to watch some Christians try to prove that which cannot be proven.

22. Giftedone

Giftedone Well-Known Member Past Donor

You are making things up again to try and fit what the scripture actually says into the man made dogma you worship.

23. Giftedone

Giftedone Well-Known Member Past Donor

What do you mean "wrong" as usual you liar. As usual "you" are wrong.

You can not commit adultery with an un-married woman Homer. Duuoooppphhhhh

Still waiting for you to tell us how "God created everything that exists" but "God did not create Satan"

Wrong again !

24. robini123

Truth is not synonymous with fact. Fallacy is often seen as truth. Wisdom is knowing the difference.

Cult has many different definitions for example;

" a small religious group that is not part of a larger and more accepted religion and that has beliefs regarded by many people as extreme or dangerous"
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cult

If the above definition is correct then there have been periods in Christianity where it would have fit the definition of a cult.

And who gets to dictate what God's truth is? What makes you any right over Mormons, or Buddhists, or Hinduism, or any other religion? Let me guess... the Bible. The Bible is your truth... and like I said truth is not synonymous with fact.

People "claim" lots of things in theology... what makes the "claims" you support any more valid than other claims?

So the Bible is truth and the Book of Mormon is fallacy... prove it!

25. Mitt Ryan

Clearly you have misinterpreted the Scripture...what else is new?...lol

That's why I'm here to explain things. To give guys like you the correct interpretation. The Bible is certainly not a book for the interpretion impaired. Let's take a look at Matthew 5:28...

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." (KJV)

The ordinary interpretation of this passage is that "lust" is equivalent to "adultery"; that is, if a man sexually desires a woman, he has already committed adultery with her in God’s eyes.

We are not to suppose, from the word here used..."adultery"...that our Lord means to restrict the breach of this commandment to married persons, or to criminal intercourse with such.

The expression, "whosoever looketh," seem clearly to extend the range of this commandment to all forms of impurity, and the counsels which follow as they most certainly were intended for all, whether married or unmarried seem to confirm this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.