Vladimir Putin ‘wants to regain Finland’ for Russia, adviser says

Discussion in 'Russia & Eastern Europe' started by trucker, Mar 30, 2014.

1. trucker

trucker Well-Known Member Past Donor

yeap that would be my next move if i was putin since there not a member of NATO,
    and since there has been some border disputes in the past
    [​IMG]
    and they have hot chicks there too [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] that will surrender to russian troops ;)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-finland-for-russia-adviser-says-9224273.html

2. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

Just as I told you guys.

Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Finland and everything east of the Oder are on Putin’s menu.

What’s to stop him? A collection of health care insurance plan operators and pension administrators?

3. Wizard From Oz

Wizard From Oz Banned at Members Request

You seem almost giddy with the prospect

4. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

Taxcutter says:
    The only variable is time.

The fundamentals still apply.

5. rammstein

rammstein Member Past Donor

6. mutmekep

mutmekep New Member

I call this BS and Lapland is just desolate wasteland

7. Flemish Conservative

Flemish Conservative New Member

Pretty ridiculous.

8. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Banned

Putin Bravo! Later Russia must regain the Baltic countries, Southwestern Ukraine. All the lands of the Russian Empire. NATO - soapy bubble. NATO bureaucrats were left alone. They all scatter like rats from a sinking ship.
    Example - sanctions against Russia. These sanctions cause serious people laugh. (laughs) G8 countries had failed to oust Russia from the organization. They were forced to withdraw themselves. The countries G7 are now willing to restore snovo G8. But that not to "lose face" want to do it later. Russia has already been informed of this. Only now Russia spit.
    It is natural - the debtors can not specify. Later restore Yugoslavia and help the Serbs punish those responsible for the collapse of the country.

9. Flemish Conservative

Flemish Conservative New Member

I'm not sure what sort of substances you're using, but they can't be healthy if they cause you to hallucinate to such an extent.

10. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Banned

(laughs) You have already voted for secession of Flanders? I wonder who the first declare sovereignty in the EU? Catalonia, Scotland, the Basques, Corsica ....? Or Flanders? Northern Italy in the polls just wants to declare sovereignty. Interestingly, after the proclamation of sovereignty, the new countries also will trade in human organs as in Kosovo?
    Or will all civilized as in the Crimea? About substances you'd better ask the Dutch. Because you are near.

11. vis

vis Well-Known Member

Putin has not even started military actions in Ukraine, but the whole EU defecated already that they may have to struggle with Russia. Bravo Putin!

12. trout mask replica

trout mask replica New Member

mutmekep and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Jeannette

Jeannette Well-Known Member Past Donor

Russia is establishing a base at the North Pole, so it's not just Finland. If I was Canada, I'd start worrying ....:oldman:

14. Jeannette

15. Wehrwolfen

Wehrwolfen Well-Known Member Past Donor

I venture to say that Putin's Army is quite a few notches in quality above Stalin's conscripts of the 1940's. Finnish soldiers inflicted horrendous casualties on the Russians, but eventually the Russia became too strong and land was ceded to Russia by Finland.
    The Finns are brave and good fighters but no match for a Russian invasion of the 21st Century. I'm not taking sides, I'm just looking at things rationally.

16. Wehrwolfen

Hmm..., I wonder how many ethnic Russians are in Alaska?

17. rammstein

rammstein Member Past Donor

I don't think Russia or Putin is interested in making shooting wars to obtain "lebensraum".

If a nation clamors to come aboard like The Crimeans did, well that's different. They may or
    may not make a path for them to do so.

18. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

All those countries you mentioned are problem countries; let him have then and inherit all their problems as well.

19. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

32 firearms per 100 people in Finland. It's not a huge amount, but that's still 1.6 million armed citizens.

So I guess if it came to it they could defend their homeland. Men with guns remain a problem for modern armies.

20. Wehrwolfen

The question is, Did the people of Crimea really vote for this or were they forced to vote the old Stalin way?

21. Jeannette

22. Jeannette

Crimea declared its independence right after the discriminatory laws were passed by the illegitimate government in Kiev. They did repeal the law on the languages, but it frightened the people in Crimea and they didn't want to be under the junta in Kiev. I read in a foreign paper that certain non Russian ethnic groups also asked to be given Russian passports because of fear.

The government buildings were taken over immediately at the time, and all the entrances to Crimea were blocked which was smart on the part of Crimea. This way the U.S. didn't have time to organize nationalist and criminal groups to take over the way they did in Kiev, so there was no bloodshed. Russia's move completely surprised them, this is why they are going crazy. As for the people of Crimea, well their pensions are going up instead of down like the rest of Ukraine. Besides most are ethnic Russians. What would you do if you were them?

23. Wehrwolfen

Hmm...., I'm neither ethnic Russian, nor a Progressive Marxist. I have served and bled for this nation in time of war as a loyal American. I'm that you've signed that petition multiple time as a good Progressive. I'll pass on it.

24. Jeannette

I would love the petition to get one hundred thousand signatures and see Obama's face when they hand it to him. On a serious not though, there is an island in the Aleutians that was given to the Russian Church in perpetuity , and I think a priest in Siberia is looking into it to see what he can do. Do you think this means war? :dual:

25. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

Well then he'd best get busy because inevitably this sad sack Obama administration and pathetic excuse for a U.S. president will be replaced by a tough as nails "Get 'er done!" GOP and then Putin will be sorry! Um . . . or not . . . :beer:

In all seriousness I don't have any use for Barack Obama, feeling that he's an even worse president than G.W. Bush was (who I thought was just God awful) but there's actually very damn little that he (or if it were a GOP president in the Oval Office) can do since Russia is anything BUT a piddling little regional power (what was Obama smoking anyway?) and can pretty much do anything it wants unless the Western nations want to actually risk kicking off World War Three.