Woman Moves Her Family to an All White Community and Laments the 'Lack of Diversity'

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by northwinds, Mar 31, 2014.

1. northwinds

northwinds Well-Known Member Past Donor

This is really too comical to read........some White self-loathing woman pops out a few kids and realizes its not a good idea to raise them in Brooklyn.....so she moves the family to a nice, safe White town in the Hudson Valley. She is so consumed with White guilt for her actions she feels compelled to pen an article that laments the 'lack of diversity' in the town she moved to in order to keep her children safe. I think she might be the poster child for cognitive dissonance.........LMAO......:roll:

http://www.slate.com/articles/doubl...nts_should_talk_to_their_kids_about_race.html

Last summer, my family moved from Brooklyn to a small town in the Hudson Valley. We love our new life, but one thing about the community is not so great: It’s predominantly white. What will it mean in the long run if my white children don’t see and befriend people who come from different racial backgrounds? And are there steps I can take to instill racial sensitivity and acceptance in my kids despite the fact that they’re growing up in an ethnic bubble?

2. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

Yeah, I read that on Slate this morning. Have you scrolled down to read the comments? Holy moly even many of the putative liberal posters are tearing her a new orifice, calling her everything from idiot to the worst stereotype of White loathing White Liberal. These are Slate liberal posters responding that way, mind you.

3. northwinds

So her fellow 'limousine liberals' couldn't take the fact that she felt compelled to put their racist hypocrisy in full view before the world by writing such a maudlin article..........that's too funny......didn't read the comments.

4. Battle3

Battle3 Well-Known Member

Why is anyone surprised at this?

With their politics, liberals ruined their "progressive" states and are leaving in droves for "red" states. When they arrive in the "red" states, these liberals lament the lack of "progressive" policies and proceed to enact the same crap that ruined their former home state.

5. northwinds

Californians moving to Montana?

6. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

This woman is confused. Altho there aren't many other races of children in her new predominately white community, she can teach her kids sensitivity and acceptance of other races herself. What's wrong w/her?

7. northwinds

Or she could take her kids back to Brooklyn and put them out on the streets for a day and let them get some real 'racial sensitivity' training......unfortunately for her they would probably turn into White Nationalists in a short amount of time......that's why she moved them to an all white community....

8. Gatewood

Oh you have got to read the comments for Slate articles. Usually they are much more fun and informative than the articles themselves. A hoot and a half!

9. WatcherOfTheGate

WatcherOfTheGate New Member

I hate being around all white people all the time. Who wants the same thing all the time. Boring.

10. Gatewood

Yes, and usually they are shocked when they enter those red states and discover that the local White inhabitants usually live and work side by side with minorities without any problems. Then it turns out that most of those liberals never really got to know a minority on a one on one basis. To busy patronizing them to actually get to know them as real human beings.

11. WatcherOfTheGate

They may live and work side by side but when they are only talking to white people they let the racism fly. Happens to me all the time. I am completely tattooed so white people think I am some sort of racist and boy oh boy do they not hold back. I don't tolerate such things so when I tell them to go (*)(*)(*)(*) themselves they never talk to me again but they will be nice to minorities to their face but once they leave it is Stormfront time. Democrats may not give them the time necessary to really get to know them but i rarely here them be racist behind their back.

- - - Updated - - -

See my post above yours.

12. Gatewood

I was a nut brown Italian boy in a heavily Hispanic neighborhood with a smattering of Whites and so I know about prejudice and what people will say when they think it's safe and so I KNOW that brown people can be just as big rear orifices and just as prejudiced as Whites and I know that liberal Whites can be major big time bigots. Heard them enough times when they thought they were safe.

13. After Hours

After Hours Well-Known Member

Yeah, in front of the minorities faces conservatives put on a phony act.

But on the internet, in complete anonymity, their real opinions come out.

14. WatcherOfTheGate

Are you kidding I went to a high school were I was like one of the only white guys. The Mexicans hated the black dudes and the black dudes hated the Mexicans. I could hang out with both groups but they never intermingled. Racism is a funny thing. I am sure they talked (*)(*)(*)(*) about me when I left but if I would have know about it I would have told them to (*)(*)(*)(*) off just as fast. I don't let that (*)(*)(*)(*) slide around me no matter what race is the one doing it.

15. pocket aces

pocket aces Well-Known Member Past Donor

This was admitted to by one of our resident racists last night.

16. WatcherOfTheGate

It surely was and when I asked him why he didn't have the balls to stand up for his beliefs in the real world all I heard was crickets.

17. After Hours

Yeah I know, because he claims he has a "career".

Personally, I find the notion of a white nationalist having a "career" to be laughable.

18. After Hours

I was one of the few "non Hispanic whites" in my school, and I never dealt with any racism, at least to my face. Behind my back? probably, then again maybe not.

19. Subdermal

Subdermal Banned

Your comment is revealingly racist all around. Perhaps if you saw the people around you as unique individuals and not monolithic - homogenous due to color - you'd be far better off.

20. WatcherOfTheGate

I never dealt with it either but boy oh boy the minorities were racist as (*)(*)(*)(*) towards each other. They rarely did it around me because they knew I was cool with everyone but it was something I tell you. the white dudes usual got a free pass.

21. sixtysix

sixtysix New Member

You certainly seem to refer to them as "minorities" a lot in your statement. That said, I don't recall the article mentioning where she's from originally. I'm suspecting she moved to the big city either from a small town or a suburb. She seems very provincial in her thought pattern. I'm a life long urban dweller and that tends to involve a large amount of ethnic diversity just being part of your life.

I'm not speaking of blacks and whites and maybe a bit of flavour but most everyone is without a doubt North American. I find it odd when I'm in a mid-western town for work and everyone speaks English at the train station. It kind of freaks me out. My wife and I didn't even know we were a "mixed couple" until we moved to the prairies for a six month period. Well we knew but it had never been mentioned really. It's considered normal in urban centres.

But as always middle america needs to be dragged kicking and screaming into modern times.

22. After Hours

I live in an area with a lot of Puerto Ricans, and many of them are racist against Mexicans. A lot of these moron conservatives think that because all "Hispanics" speak the same language that they are this big unified group. That couldn't be further from the truth.

I also notice a lot of racism from Puerto Ricans against blacks. I remember a young female neighbor of mine used to date a black guy for a brief time, and her family had a problem with it. Yet when she dated white boys, her family didn't care at all. At least that's what she told me.

23. Sanskrit

Sanskrit Well-Known Member

Great point, and what's really sour in all this is that she is emphasizing skin color as opposed to individuals as if everyone white comes from the same places, cultures and experiences and same for other skin colors. She seems to be lamenting that her kids won't learn "brown things from brown people and black things from black people." She's a racist, lawlz. This story needs to be linked into the "progressive racism" thread.

24. northwinds

Why would you believe that.........?

- - - Updated - - -

So you are saying that Hispanics are racist against their own kind based upon skin color........LOL......but nobody hates on them because of that.

25. WatcherOfTheGate

Not wanting to be around only white people all the time is the opposite of racism. Never once did I say i didn't like white people I said I would rather have diversity so I don't get bored but I can see your projecting again.