Which GOP leader would be most likely to protect the 2 million Gay men in Uganda?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by DennisTate, Apr 1, 2014.

1. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

In your opinion.... would Mr. Mitt Romney be one of the most likely Republican Party Presidents to attempt to do something concrete to attempt to protect the two million Gay men living in Uganda who are worried about how they will be treated over the coming years and decades?

President Obama did well to warn the leader of Uganda regarding the anti-gay bill .... but......

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...0eb_story.html
    Ugandan leader signs harsh anti-gay bill, ignores warning from Obama

I was rather encouraged how well this topic was received over on a Christian forum:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7728763/
    God's many plans for the Gay community???????
    I am pretty sure it is over five years since I read the NDE of Mr. Christian Andreason. His NDE account has had a major impact on my life.

As a former follower of Mr. Garner Ted Armstrong and his dad Mr. Herbert Armstong I must admit that these statements put me into some serious cognitive dissonance at first!!!!??

http://www.near-death.com/andreason.html#a11

Five or six years later on and finally I feel confident enough to go into specifics as to what I strongly suspect are a few of the actual plans that the God of Abraham, the Creator of heaven and earth has in mind for the Gay community!!!!

Do you agree that God has plans for the Gay community?
    Yes, God owns this studio, we are the actors playing out our role! 6..... 23.08%
    No, God would never compromise one millionth of an inch with sin!!!! 8.... 30.77%
    Yes, deep down we all love God and He has good planned for all of us. 10....... 38.46%
    I have really never considered this idea before??? 6..... 23.08%

2. DennisTate

This discussion comes from page 7 post #65 in this other thread:

http://www.politicalforum.com/opini...itt-romney-should-consider-running-again.html
    I believe that Mr. Mitt Romney should consider running again?!
    Should Mitt Romney run again?Voters 31. You have already voted on this poll
    Yes... I like to see persistence in a politician. 10.......32.26%
    No.... once was enough! 15.......48.39%
    Yes...and a Utah State currency sounds like a good idea. 1.......3.23%
    No..... I prefer another candidate! 8......25.81%

3. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Bob Dole.

4. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

My guess is none. No one, left or right, gives much of a (*)(*)(*)(*) They are black, African, not in country we give two squirts about.

5. ShadowX

ShadowX Well-Known Member

Uhhhhh... Ideally not a damn one of them.

6. guttermouth

guttermouth Banned

its funny you ask this of the right who supposedly doesnt like gay people after the most liberal president in history does close to nothing.

7. DennisTate

Wow!!!! That is kind of heavy!!!!

Pastor Rick Warren is attempting to get something started. So you really feel that none of the Republican Party leadership hopefuls would take any major political risks to do something to protect the Gay Community of Uganda?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jmGu9o4fDE
    Letter to the Pastors of Uganda

8. Think for myself

It is my impression of reality.

Yes. I really feel that they would prefer not to address it in hopes they do not (*)(*)(*)(*) off their base. It is my opinion that most on the right do not give a (*)(*)(*)(*) due to Uganda being a predominantly black country and these folks being gay.

Not that the left is any better on it. I think they don;t give a (*)(*)(*)(*) as it is just an ugly situation that has no solution to it. In short, it is a loser, therefore not a winner, so don't bring it up.

Sad, isn't it? Folks criticizing the president over the Crimea issue, but potential mass genocide against black homosexuals, no one lifts a cheek to fart.

9. DennisTate

Not long after I began reading....... I got hooked on the Destroyer series created by Richard Sapir and Warren Murphy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Sapir

After hearing one of those "hellfire and brimstone" sermons on TV by Dr Billy Graham back around Christmas of '65..... I became an atheist.

After having been an atheist from '66 to '72.... TV evangelist Garner Ted Armstrong got me interested in the Bible again because his "soul sleep" idea combined with seriously cool teachings that came close to universal salvation based on Ezekiel 37 and Revelation 21 made the Creator appear humane!

The writings of these authors as well as some of the policies of President Ronald Reagan gave me something of a "conservative" bias.

Then in 1990 I began to research NDE accounts and I find that my political philosophy has gone further and further toward the "left!"

10. DennisTate

Yes... this is beyond sad........ I personally have something of a documentary, reality and semi-reality film series in mind that might just result in lives being saved though!

I wish to challenge the residents of the State of Utah to print up a Utah State dollar................ and link it to huge numbers of films... that are directed at improving and even saving lives!

Over these past 13 years my gifted Pentecostal wife has proven to me that I should take Charismatic/Pentecostal gifts seriously!

This film has at the minimum.... artistic value... but I also feel this has diplomatic value and in the right hands.....even economic value:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87l4512Q4rY

(Visionary Shane Warren sees a hurricane of money that he understands to mean a devaluation of the USA dollar)!!!????

Some truly influential people are discussing getting rid of the USA dollar in order to introduce a one world currency.

Personally..... I would rather see a Utah State Dollar as well as a LDS Hour..... that attempt to organize volunteerism all over the USA, Canada, Britain, Israel..... that expands to all nations of the earth!!!!!!!!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithaca_Hours

11. DennisTate

You really actually could be onto something with this comment!

I read "Heaven is for Real" last weekend. It is awfully hard to imagine that this little guy.... Colton Burpo..... could make all of that up just out of his imagination???!!!!

Anyway...... I have inclinations toward the G. O. P. I'm Canadian but in 2008 and 2012... there is a good chance that I might not have voted for Mr. Obama if I had been an American. (I'm Canadian).

I believe that the G. O. P. needs to do something drastic......... if they want moderates with an inclination toward them to vote for them!!!!!!

http://www.politicalforum.com/opini...t-romney-should-consider-running-again-4.html

(post # 35):
    All of us in Canada and America were beginning to question if the G. O. P. had essentially made a pact with the Devil.

The closeness between the Republican Party with Monsanto, Big Pharma, Big Oil and the multi-nationals...... was just too close!

Have you seen "The Future of Food,"
    The Corporation,
    An Inconvenient Truth,
    The World According to Monsanto,
    ...... if you have seen any of these films... then please watch "The Secret" because it explains how the hatred between the people who tend to vote Democrat for the people who tend to vote Republican can be decreased.

... On a positive note.... any film devoid of conflict.... is boring...... so if a Utah State Dollar or perhaps HOUR is printed up....... and linked to documentary, reality and semi-reality Science Fiction film projects..... that address real problems that are now occurring in the USA and around the world........ the American film industry could become the driving force behind a major recovery in the USA economy...... which would sure be a good thing for us Canadians.... because when the USA economy is down........ most of us living in eastern Canada pretty much have to leave home to find jobs 3000 miles or so away in Alberta!

12. DennisTate

Somebody could be liberal...... but lack the courage or wisdom to translate their beliefs into policies that improve and even save lives!!!???

Because he is a Mormon...... Mr. Mitt Romney might be less inclined to laugh at visionary experiences that have been given to seers from the First Nations communities????!!!!

This is especially true if we begin to look for ARTISTIC value and diplomatic value.....in writings.... and not limit our search to immediate economic value!!!??

A powerful case can be presented that the big corporations are not trying to benefit us...… that too close a relationship with them.... can be a negative.....so in my opinion Mr. Mitt Romney needs to show Americans that as a Mormon....... he is significantly more in line with the philosophy of the First Nations peoples!

http://www.welcomehome.org/rainbow/prophecy/stone.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This version comes from Lelanie Anderson, off her web site. Heer contact information is:

Email tsalagilady
    @gmail.com
    Web site .angelfire.com/ok/TheCherokeeLady/indextostoriespage.html

13. Unifier

Unifier New Member

No, no, no, no..... wait a minute. I thought America already interfered too much in other countries' affairs. Isn't that what we're always being told? Particularly by anti-interventionist liberals? I thought we were this big arrogant world police that doesn't know how to leave people alone, remember? So why is this our business?

14. Think for myself

Beats me. I do not know what you are told,. nor do I particularly giving a flying (*)(*)(*)(*)ing frog's ass. Not sure what any of the above has to do with me.

15. DennisTate

But.... what if it was done through the private sector...... through film companies.... that were partly financed through local currencies or even a Utah State Dollar?

16. guttermouth

guttermouth Banned

yeah maybe and if more voted for romney you wouldnt be asking these questions.

17. TRFjr

TRFjr Well-Known Member Past Donor

so what is Obama doing about the torture and slaughter of gays in Muslim countries

you have one country that passes a law to put gays in jail and your head explodes but nothing is done or said about gays being tortured, stoned to death, buried alive, or hung in Muslim countries
    lets explorer the difference in Uganda and those Muslim countries that get a pass
    the plurality of Uganda is Christian
    this isn't a pro gay thread concerned about safety of gays around the word this is a bash Christian thread

18. Unifier

Unifier New Member

Not trying to put words in your mouth. Only pointing out a glaring contradiction among many people on your side. That's all. Perhaps it doesn't apply to you.

19. DennisTate

Well..... you could volunteer your time to post something to YouTube for a group that attempts to use films to address some of these problems??!!

http://www.politicalforum.com/polit...urrencies-finance-films-address-problems.html
    New Age Communities can print local currencies finance films that address problems?!
    At this time I tend to believe that New Age Groups may be the most likely to successfully initiate local currencies and use them to finance film projects in which homeless people could become actors playing the role of homeless people.... .which could easily finance their buying or renting homes????!!!!

http://www.whatcomwatch.org/php/WW_open.php?id=717

20. DennisTate

Excellent question!

My motivation is that I feel by attempting to get some of the sawdust out of the eyes of Christians.... we will see better how to get some of the beams out of people in North Korea, China, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iran etc., etc.....

21. Think for myself

Of course you are trying to put words in my mouth, to assign positrons to me that have nothing to do with me, which is why you posted off topic garbage that has (*)(*)(*)(*) all to do with me.

I don't have a (*)(*)(*)(*)ing side. I don't know what other people do, nor do I defend it, so go find someone that has the positions you claim and attempt to bust their grapes.

22. DennisTate

...but.... the G. O. P. was so in there with Monsanto, Big Pharma and Big Oil that President Obama actually accomplished some major things..... just by proving to the Republican Party that by talking about "pro-life" and making decisions that will almost certainly lead to disaster...... the people will eventually see through what is being done....... and will vote you out of office!

..... maybe we are actually ready to make some real changes!

23. guttermouth

guttermouth Banned

thats a big if that relies on another big if

24. guttermouth

guttermouth Banned

almost certainly to disaster=one if
    vote me out of office= another big if
    i wouldnt holdd your breath

25. DennisTate

So do you think that scientists can greatly improve plants by genetically modifying them?

I believe that books like The Secret Life of Plants imply that there are far far far better ways to grow more food!

http://www.near-death.com/storm.html#a04

I personally believe that there is a connection between this with the Dr. Masaru Emoto research!

http://www.masaru-emoto.net/english/water-crystal.html