What evidence exists that Blacks and Whites have equal intelligence?

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by rayznack, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayznack

rayznack Well-Known Member

Since I've gone through the arguments by liberal Creationists pretty extensively, I have not found one shred of evidence in the form of a study, science or some other source to show Blacks and Whites are equally intelligent.

We have brain volume differences, regression toward the mean, G-loaded cognitive tests, IQ testing, culture neutral testing, adoption studies, child studies; every conceivable way to measure an aspect of intelligence; and they have all shown differences in cognitive ability between Blacks and Whites.

Is there any shred of evidence on which liberal Creationists are clutching to support their prejudiced belief that ethno-racial groups miraculously stopped evolving from the neck up?

2. Mr. Swedish Guy

Mr. Swedish Guy New Member

I don't understand how some people assume that intelligence, of all things, would be equal between groups when they differ in everything else. That presumption is totally unfounded.

However, I'll point out that potential intelligence and actual intelligence are different things. May be so that blacks and white have roughly similar potential, but it's just that blacks typically don't have the same oportunities to reach their full potential.

3. Imnotreallyhere

Imnotreallyhere Well-Known Member Donor

You are of course aware that intelligence is not a single trait, right? Logic, abstract thought, emotional awareness and problem solving are just a few of the categories involved. Are you trying to say that Blacks are inferior in all categories? That requires a stretch IMO. It would seem the burden of proof is on you to prove inferiority in all categories rather than on anyone else to prove rough equivalency.

4. Greataxe

Greataxe Well-Known Member Past Donor

There would have to be a DNA-linked test done to show real effects. So many of the best and brightest (so to speak) Blacks like Oprah and Obama have had their genes contaminated with European DNA.

I suprised no one has brought up their views that those who live like savages out in the bush, hunt with spears and dig food out of the ground to eat have as much intelligence as those who design and build rockets.

5. Mr. Swedish Guy

Who talked of inferiority? We're talking of differences here, not inferiority.

I would hardly call those two "the best and brigthest"!...

The interesting question though is, if their children where given teh same oportunities to develop their intelligence, how much would it differ?

6. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

is the op suggesting that an 'afrikan american' city banker is less intelligent than a white racist moron who lives in a trailer and eats beans for dinner, every day?

7. Mr. Swedish Guy

I took it for granted he refered to the groups on average, not individuals.

8. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

oh, where do you stop becoming 'black' then [as a race]?

9. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

What a wierd question- who the hell are 'liberal Creationists'?

The bigger question I would have is why is this important to you?

All species constantly evolve. There is no reason to assume that any population is smarter or stupider than another population, but we can assume that there will be wide discrepancies between individuals.

From a scientific point of view, I would say that there is no evidence that there are any significant differences of intelligent between Human ethnic groups, but it is certainly possible.

From a human point of view, it seems to me that the main reason that question is raised is in order to create divisions and strife.

10. Mr. Swedish Guy

"race" is rather arbitrarily defined, if that's what you're getting at.
    Indeed, we continually evolve. And as a result of groups being rather separate from eachother, like say kenyans and swedes, they have developed different physical appearances, both due to adaption and to random variation. Thus far I hope you agree. Now I wonder, why do you assume intelligence would be the same? Why can you accept that appearance can very between groups, but not intelligence? It seems to be an entirely unfounded postition in my view. Note that I'm not necessarily talking of any big differences, but differences still.

11. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

I addressed that rather completely in my response- and I am glad to do so again.

All species constantly evolve. There is no reason to assume that any population is smarter or stupider than another population, but we can assume that there will be wide discrepancies between individuals.

From a scientific point of view, I would say that there is no evidence that there are any significant differences of intelligent between Human ethnic groups, but it is certainly possible.

From a human point of view, it seems to me that the main reason that question is raised is in order to create divisions and strife.

12. Mr. Swedish Guy

Is that another way of saying you can't really argue for you position?

13. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

as the op referred to 'blacks' iwould ask you, how and when does one not group within the 'black group'? where is the line drawn so to speak? when the hair becomes 'wavy'? when the eyes become 'hazel'? when the nose becomes narrow? lol

14. Mr. Swedish Guy

Is it correct to say that because yellow and red exist along a continuous spectrum, we cannot say that they are two separate colours?

15. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

No its me saying that I have argued my position. Not my problem if you are unable or unwilling to accept it.

I addressed that rather completely in my response- and I am glad to do so again.

16. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

hence the idiocy of the concept of distinct racial groups.

17. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

they are not separate, there is no yellow without red.

18. Greataxe

Greataxe Well-Known Member Past Donor

From what I've gathered---IQ's are 80% and environment 20% (unless there is brain damage or raised inside a closet, ect.)

So they can only be up to 20% smarter with the best efforts.

19. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

you mean like white nationalists and racist american trailer trash?

20. rayznack

Considering the fact that we evolved separately for thousands of years, in some cases, it is perfectly reasonable to make that assumption.

From a scientific point of view, perhaps you could consider the request posed in the OP and provide evidence that Blacks and Whites have equal intelligence and cognitive abilities.

21. rayznack

Have you checked out these two threads:

Black and White cognitive differences appear at early age:
    http://www.politicalforum.com/race-...ognitive-iq-differences-appear-early-age.html

Regression toward the mean differences between races:
    http://www.politicalforum.com/race-relations/348538-regression-toward-mean-race-iq.html

22. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

"provide evidence that Blacks and Whites have equal intelligence and cognitive abilities."

The bigger question I would have is why is this important to you?

23. rayznack

What about UV or visible light?

What is the exact cut-off between the two?

24. rayznack

Off what are you basing this claim?

Are you simply ignorant that ethno-racial groups differ vastly from athleticism to genetic diseases?

How on earth are you concluding there is no reason to assume aboriginals are no different from Europeans in intelligence?

You realize aboriginals lived secluded in a vastly different environment from other groups for thousands of years, right?

25. Casper

Casper Banned at Members Request Past Donor

Oh Goodie, another racist thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.