Vladimir Putin became the most popular leader in the world

Discussion in 'Russia & Eastern Europe' started by Zarathustra, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Banned

2. Mr. Swedish Guy

Mr. Swedish Guy New Member

Just added my vote to Putin.

Putin is a macho-man, former agent, and from whom bears flee in terror. Quite frankly, I think this is a reflection of that humans like strong leaders. Just look at putin in comparison to Obama. The latter doesn't even deserve his 2% in comparison with Putin!

3. Jonsa

Jonsa Well-Known Member Past Donor

Great poll. Really representative and scientific.

What a crock.

But I suppose being a totalitarian leader that everyone answers to and yet doesn't need to answer to anyone is a good thing by some standards.

I could care less if he wrestles bears, but I do care that he is ruthless quasi-dictator who routinely crushes his opposition, controls the media, has murdered hundreds of thousands of his own people, and is perfectly willing to rip up international agreements.

4. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Banned

(laughs) Where did you get this drivel? Putin - a dictator? You zombie Western propaganda? Who, then, Obama, with total surveillance of its citizens?

- - - Updated - - -

Bravo!

5. katzgar

katzgar Banned

Putin is just your garden variety over reacting gay guy.

6. Gottheit

Gottheit New Member

If Putin is quasi-dictator then Obama is psychopath and voyeur

Who told to you that Putin crushes his own opposition and controls the media?
    Even this stupid but that he has murdered hundreds of thousands of his own people
    Are you idiot?

7. rammstein

rammstein Member Past Donor

If you are going to build a murder mythology for Putin I suggest you step up your game a bit on the numbers. The number 6 million has worked very well in the past...

8. elf_ua

elf_ua Banned at Members Request

9. Gottheit

Gottheit New Member

Right, God is with you
    no more 146%

10. daddyofall

daddyofall Active Member

To bad Berlusconi's gone.

11. elf_ua

elf_ua Banned at Members Request

rate is growing

12. Pronin24

Pronin24 New Member

Who is a totalitarian leader? Are you about Putin? He is certainly not. He had been elected democratically, has opposition within country and he has a parliament.

Art_Allm and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Art_Allm

Art_Allm Banned at Members Request Past Donor

Fully agree with you.

If Putin was a dictator, he would not bother about the opinion of his voters and he would have invaded Kiev a long time ago.

But Putin has to respect the opinion of his voters, that is why he only accepted the reunification with the Crimean peninsula.

14. vino909

vino909 Well-Known Member

Russia has a Brando-Arnold like leader (with testicles)... we have Alfred E. Neuman.

15. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

Ironically, however, Obama perfectly represents the generic leftwing way of dealing with the world. Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy! Then they HOWL in rage when a GOPer president comes along and then he or she finds that there is no longer any way to deal with the problem -- thanks to the foreign policies stupidity of the prior DEM president -- but with force against force. Meh . . . but what are you gonna do? In 2008 and again in 2012 the irresponsible and low-information voter half won . . . and now the whole world gets to pay the price for that. So it goes.

16. Pollycy

Pollycy Well-Known Member

Well, well, what a surprise! Some people don't like Vladimir Putin, and so pronounce the poll as having no merit. I wish I had a five-dollar bill for every equally unscientific poll that has told us through the years that the vast majority of people in the world just LOVE Barack Obama (although I sure as hell have never been among them).

So, pay no attention to this poll, all you Putin-haters and Obama-lovers. But at least DO have the common sense to embrace the fact that Forbes, one of the most important news publications in the world chose Vladimir Putin as the most powerful leader in the world in a recent issue from late in 2013:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolinehoward/2013/10/30/the-worlds-most-powerful-people-2013/

Not only that, Fortune Magazine, which you "may have heard of" didn't even have Obama listed as being among the "Greatest Leaders" in a recent issue:
    http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Obama-Pope-Francis-Fortune-leaders/2014/03/26/id/561812/

So, hate Putin all you want to, if you want to, but understand that at the 40,000-foot level where you find the kind of people whose opinion MATTERS, Vladimir Putin commands a great deal of respect and, from most, admiration, if not the gooey, idiotic "love" that hyperliberals lavished on Obama for being "cool"....

17. Jeannette

Jeannette Well-Known Member Past Donor

Vladimir Putin and his Foreign Secretary Lavrov are respected because they do not insult people's intelligence. Here is an example of what is thrown at us from the other side of the East/West divide:

Ashton then:

“I call upon president Yanukovych, the government together with the leaders of the opposition to find an immediate way out of this deepening crisis, and to continue the work to find a way to solve the political crisis through dialogue,” said Ashton.

Ashton now:

"The EU commends the Ukrainian authorities for pursuing their law and order operations in a measured way, in order to establish the authority of the state."

Hey Ashton, what happened to the dialogue you were so insistent on with Yanukovich?:oldman:

18. Borat

Borat Banned

The poll absolutely has no merits, people with Putin cult of personality syndrome obviously vote for him without a moment of hesitation, people like me who despise Putin still have no viable alternative in the poll to vote for...and while we are an absolute majority in the world we just do not vote, Putler-bots are the only ones who vote, creating a totally skewed picture. A poll like "do you respect/despise Putin?" would be far more meaningful.

19. Pronin24

Pronin24 New Member

He may proceed, if Maidan rulers would screw up in eastern and southern Ukraine. You see, Washington's opinion about Putin is not the final yet. As we know, Washington did not approve Nelson Mandela. However, Mandela did not ask for our approval, continued his struggle and, finally, he won and became a highly honored by the world leader of his country. Even our president Obama talked kindly of him.

20. Pronin24

Pronin24 New Member

Your language speaks against you. You see, Putin is winning the game and you cannot see the fact. Why he is winning? Because he has support in his country and in Ukraine. EU and USA are not a majority. Chinese and India outnumber both Maidan sponsors.

21. Jonsa

Oh yeah, I forgot Russia is a "democracy" or is the kleptocracy?
    Are you suggesting that Putin is answerable to the Russian public? The Russian Parliament? The Russian Courts?
    Are you suggesting he isnt ruthless? that he hasn't rigged elections? that he hasn't rather brutally suppressed independence movements? that he hasn't extorted concessions using energy supplies? that there isn't state control of most of the media and those that aren't usually have serious hard times including assassinations? that he hasn't ripped up international agreements to suit his own plan?

Just a peach of a guy.

22. Jonsa

now that is a logical fallacy as ever there was one. Putin is a quasi-dictator, but don't tell anyone, they might actually notice.

Gee, I guess you don't keep up with russian "elections".
    As to media control, might want to look up what happens to those who are a tad too critical of Putin.
    Ever heard of a place called Chechnya?

Regardless of whether I am an idiot or not, judging from your post, I'm far smarter and knowledgable than you. Hmmm wonder what that makes you?

23. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

I hear Saddam Hussein got 99% of the vote, and Hitler had a 134% approval rating.

24. Jonsa

what a stupid post but not surprising considering the source.

Murder mythology? Chechnya ring any bells?

You might want to pick up your game as you and yours are completely predictable.

I hear Arthur Murray is offer group discounts on goosestepping lessons,just tell them Suhayda sent you.

25. signcutter

signcutter New Member

This is incredible... i generally have no respect for Americans that describe themselves as right-wingers or liberals..etc. But one thing is for sure, the way the rightwing idiots in this country have embraced a thug like Putin as some kind of hero is digusting. I have no doubt that if Putin asked you idiots to take up arms against your own you would stumble over each other reaching for weapons... because Putin is is not Obama