In alternate time line Mr. Gore wins the 2000 election but negates Global Dimming....

Discussion in 'Humor & Satire' started by DennisTate, Apr 17, 2014.

?

Opening gambit to stabilize climate, a carbon tax or invest in turning deserts green?

1. A carbon tax or cap and trade system of course.... you idiot!

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Turn deserts green, the Sahara is acting like a furnace!

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. Rising ocean levels are greatest immediate threat so turn deserts green.

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. First put green energy devices on the market.. then carbon tax.

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

I personally loved the film "An Inconvenient Truth." I have watched it four or five times at least. It played a huge role in my deciding to join a political party that takes climate change very seriously.

Largely due to his film I actually put in two submissions for The Virgin Earth Challenge.

I do have one criticism for his film though..... the diplomacy quotient was extremely low and America is more divided than ever partly because of the flavor of his film.

2. DennisTate

In the 2008 federal election here in Canada I cast my ballot for Green Party leader Ms. Elizabeth May.

She campaigned in my area of Nova Scotia that year and I got the impression that she was a genuine zealot who was trying the best that she could to make the world a safer place for our children and grandchildren.

I put the following quote in my 2008 campaign for political office and Ms. May did not conclude that I was an enemy. Her assistant Jonathan confirmed in a meeting in her New Glasgow office that members of Canada's Green Party were discussing what role could be played for investment in turning deserts green. The idea is controversial with many Green Party members because there is a great danger that this initiative could be taken over by big business and done in a way that could rely greatly on genetically modified organisms that could do more harm than good over the long term!!!???

3. DennisTate

Yes..... the fact that I live within five kms (3 miles) of the ocean does have an affect on what I consider to be the greatest threat posed by climate change!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090205142132.htm

4. DennisTate

The ash, soot and dust that goes into the atmosphere from all those smoke stacks...… over the short term...… tends to mask/decrease a general global warming trend!!!!!!!!!

5. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

"In alternate time line Mr. Gore wins the 2000 election but negates Global Dimming...."

and in yet another the Religious Right doesn't exist... aren't they the lucky ones

DennisTate likes this.
  6. DennisTate

Sorry.... but a film devoid of conflict tends to be boring...… so the Religious Political Right may well be here for a long long long time to come...… as The Creator forces us ignorant conservatives to face the possibility that much of what we were taught over the years is probably significantly in error!!!????

It took me about five years to wrap my head around the probably implications of what Mr. Christian Andreason was shown about the role of the Gay Community from the point of view of the higher dimensions of space - time!!!!!!!!!!

I am NOT proud of the fact that I was so slow to begin to understand what the Creator was probably up to!!!!???

http://www.politicalforum.com/relig...essage-gods-has-many-plans-gay-community.html

NDE message that God's has many plans for the Gay Community???

When I first read the following message I was rather puzzled!

It took me about five years to begin to understand some of the specific plans that God obviously has for the Gay Community at this critical time in history!

http://www.near-death.com/andreason.html#nine
    Christian Andreason:

7. DennisTate

Could a win by Mr. Al Gore in 2000 have led to America being 15% submerged under the oceans by January 1, 2013?

Time does look like a menorah....... or tree with branches and roots... … and is not confined to being a straight line...…

In theory....... Mr. Gore's policy could have ended up greatly decreasing the Global Dimming Effect..... at the same time that it might do little to reduce a general Global Warming trend.... which could lead to rapid warming.....and of course increased cracking and sliding on the land based Greenland Ice Pack.... the world's glaciers and the outer regions of Antarctica......

Prime Minister Stephen Harper and President Bush may have deliberately allowed somewhat bad policy to continue...… because they probably had been told that the factors that increase Global Dimming..... do tend to mask Global Warming.... .which could mean within five decades we may know that that they may have had a basically good idea..... in comparison to worst possible alternative.....??????!!!

http://www.baproducts.com/chetmap.htm

Dr Chet Snow's Earth Change Map

AMERICA IN THE NEW MILLENNIUM
    After the major Earth Changes 1998-2012 AD
    as foreseen in Mass Dreams of the Future
    by Dr. Chet B. Snow

8. Rainbow Crow

Rainbow Crow New Member Past Donor

My problem with the film is that it was proved wrong... and if Gore had been elected President, he never would have focused upon global warming.

DennisTate likes this.
  9. DennisTate

"Proved wrong" is an awfully strong phrase....... I do believe that his major idea is significantly correct..... I just disagree with what the opening gambit to begin to stabilize the climate should be.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEg9jgV6sI4

Moroccan Villagers Make Their Desert Bloom

10. Rainbow Crow

Didn't he cite the "hockey stick" graph and claim that all the polar ice would be gone by now, among other things? Sounds pretty wrong to me.

DennisTate and (deleted member) like this.
  11. DennisTate

If it were not for the Global Dimming Effect..... that scientists believe is caused by dust and ash and soot from industry, the land based Greenland Ice Pack could well have had even more rapid cracking and sliding of ice but..... the past five years were times of record melting.

The situation with the West Antarctic Ice Sheet is so scary though that it is the area that scientists are even more worried about.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090205142132.htm

12. Rainbow Crow

So in other words he was wrong, right?

13. DennisTate

Not exactly... because what Dr. James Hansen stated was that we had ten years or so to figure out how to begin to really address the problem........ I believe Mr. Gore's idea of a carbon tax or cap and trade system......… was logical..... I can see why he would arrive at that conclusion........ but......… my guess is that President Bush's advisors...… and Prime Minister Stephen Harper's advisors..... clued pretty quickly to something that it took me over five years to figure out.........… that a carbon tax could, over the short term..... do much more harm than good if it was done in such a way that we lost the protection of Global Dimming rapidly.......

In other words..... Mr. Gore's concern over the hockey stick shaped graph for CO2 levels is relevant.......... it is certainly a MAJOR cause for concern......… but we can't just adopt a temporary fix.... we need a lot of truly green energy devices that we put on the market at the very same time that we also find a way to turn down the furnace.... that New Mexico biologist Carl Cantrell referred to....... we need to do this in such a way that we turn many deserts green quickly.... at a level rapid enough to put roughly the same level of water INTO the water table of desert nations... as is cracking and sliding off Greenland and the West Antarctic Ice Sheet?!?!

At least that is my understanding at this time anyway!

I quoted Mr. Cantrell in my 2008 campaign for public office:

www.BankingSystemsFlaws.blogspot.ca/

..."So how is our problem of continental drying causing global warming? It all has to do with vegetation and sunlight. When sun light hits a plant, it causes a process which we call photosynthesis where the energy from the sun light creates oxygen for us to breathe, water for us to drink, and is stored as sugar for plants and animals to use. When the same sun light hits the soil, all of its energy turns into heat and is radiated back into the atmosphere.. ."

"Therefore, the less vegetation you have on the planet, the more sunlight is being turned into heat and the warmer the planet becomes...."

"Just take a look at any satellite picture of the earth showing heat and you will see that our deserts are the warmest spots on the planet by far. More heat is being generated by just one of the top four or five deserts than by all of our cities combined.... "

"The truth is that you can do more to decrease global warming by just reducing the average temperature for the Sahara Desert by one or two degrees than if we humans completely quit using fossil fuels and returned to the cave…."

"So, how would you start working to resolve this problem? Easy, cool the deserts and get some vegetation growing on them as soon as possible. But the method is much more complex than that. You have to use the prevailing trade winds in relation to the deserts to get the best results as quickly as possible and it will be extremely expensive…."

"Then we build desalination plants along the coast near these water sheds and pipe water to the tops or ridges of the water sheds…"

"We need to start working on this as soon as possible because, if the planet reaches a point to where it is warming faster than our technology can possibly stop or reverse this warming trend, then our planet is lost and all life will cease to exist on this planet within a relatively short period of time. We will need to start with the largest and hottest deserts because cooling them will have the greatest benefit in the least time (Global Warming II by biologist Carl Cantrell)."

And..... Mr. Cantrell is correct that this is possible:

http://saharaforestproject.com/

http://www.ssb-foundation.com/index.html

14. DennisTate

I admit that he was partly incorrect.... because it seems to me that he over simplified the problem and implied that simply by reducing carbon dioxide emissions we might be OK..... which I do believe is naive......…

The problem is actually so huge that we need to combine the solution with something huge.... such as a peace agreement between the nation of Israel and Jordan.... and add the incentive of turning Jordan's deserts green..... which is the kind of drastic action that I feel is really needed..........

http://www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=322565

God's Peace Plan for the Holy Land

I read this intriguing plan for peace in the Middle East twice already! It is about fifty pages and well worth your time to consider!

http://www.godspeaceplan.org/

http://www.godspeaceplan.org/user/image/gods-peace-plan-for-the-holy-land.pdf

..... (post #7): I personally think that what Dannion Brinkley was shown regarding a peace deal between Jordan and Israel during one of his two near death experiences has a lot of potential......and I feel that God's Peace Plan for the Holy Land as well as The Engagement Movement began by Mr. Tsvi Misinai could be the catalysts that would make a Jordanian and Israeli deal possible?!

I go into the theory here:

Dannion Brinkley:
    ......................"Boxes four and five were scenes from the Middle East, showing how this area of eternal strife would reach a boiling point. Religion would play a large role in these problems, as would the economy. A constant need for outside money fueled much of the anger and hatred that I saw in these boxes.In the first of these boxes I saw two agreements taking place.In the first, Israelis and Arabs were agreeing to something, but what was unclear to me.The second accord was one that I could see in some detail. Men were shaking hands and there was much talk about a new country. Then I saw a collage of images: the River Jordan, a settlement from Israel that was spreading into Jordan, and a map on which the country of Jordan was changing color.

As I watched this puzzling collage unfold, I heard a Being speak telepathically to me and say that the country of Jordan would exist no more. I did not hear the name of the new country (Dannion Brinkley, page 26, Saved By The Light, Scribd version)

15. DennisTate

Some really really really good news fits with this....... President Abraham Lincoln saved American taxpayers FOUR BILLION dollars in interest payments........ so obviously it is worth altering monetary policy to save the planet that we live on!!!!

http://www.michaeljournal.org/lincolnkennedy.htm

..."In 1972, the United States Treasury Department was asked to compute the amount of interest that would have been paid if that 400 million dollars would have been borrowed at interest instead of being issued by Abraham Lincoln. They did some computations, and a few weeks later, the United States Treasury Department said the United States Government saved 4 billion dollars in interest because Lincoln had created his own money. So you can about imagine how much the Government has paid and how much we owe solely on the basis of interest." (Melvin Sickler)

16. DennisTate

I personally think that he would have attempted to make it a priority…… but… he might have overlooked how much of an effect ash and soot and dust from industry acts the same as the Volcanic Winter Effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcanic_winter

17. DennisTate

I guess that is where the Global Dimming Effect comes into play…… I was really impressed by Dr. James Hanson who stated clearly that we need to be careful that we don't initiate a response to climate change that negates factors such as Global Dimming that tend to mask Global Warming……. at the same time that we do little to actually stabilize the climate…… That is why I so much prefer the Dr. Chaim Tejman theory that plants hold the key to climate stability.

http://www.grandunifiedtheory.org.il/globalW2.htm

18. DennisTate

"Proved wrong" is an awfully strong phrase. I don't think a carbon tax is the answer.... Australia just dumped the version of a carbon tax that they had began........ but....... we really do need to think about the main points in the film......

19. DennisTate

Yes….. he seemed to imply that….. His friend Dr. James Hansen did state that we had about a decade to get turned around or we were in big trouble……. Frankly…. I do think that we are in trouble…. but the Global Dimming Effect has altered the formula in ways that it would be impossible for Mr. Gore or Dr. Hansen to predict?!

20. Rainbow Crow

I just noticed that they've been going between alarmist or even apocalyptic predictions to "new data pushes the apocalypse back" for quite awhile now and I'm neither impressed nor concerned as to what they have to say anymore.

DennisTate likes this.
  21. DennisTate

I personally am still concerned that rising ocean levels are probably the most immediate serious threat from climate change….. But… there is a good side to this…… rising ocean levels can inspire humanity to turn deserts green on a large scale…. which can potentially play a huge role in making the Middle East more peaceful!

22. DennisTate

Intriguing!

In our time line…. the religious political right… has had less influence than in that other time line…..and events have been more peaceful as well?!

http://www.dannion.com/the-holy-land-is-heating-up/

23. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Well-Known Member

But you're typing with a keyboard made from oil byproducts. What's up with that?

DennisTate and (deleted member) like this.
  24. DennisTate

Although I cast my ballot for Green Party Leader Ms. Elizabeth May in the 2008 Canadian federal election...… that does not mean that I agree one hundred percent with all that she stands for!

I personally...… DO NOT agree with the idea of shutting down the Alberta Tar Sands project first...… and then later on figuring out how to replace oil as the primary source of energy for the Canadian and USA economies.

I voted for Ms. Elizabeth May because she personally replied to my 2008 campaign writing for municipal office and she agreed... that yes........ investment in turning deserts green was one important part of a full response to climate change.

I knew that by giving me this response..... in person...… she risked offending an influential segment of her own supporters! I got the impression that Ms. Elizabeth May is the real deal...… that she is sincere....and is truly trying her best to make this world a better and safer place for all seven billion of us.... as well as for our children and grandchildren... .and great, great grandchildren as well!

25. DennisTate

If you will take a look at my own 2008 campaign writing you will realize why Ms. Elizabeth May's response so impressed me:

http://www.bankingsystemsflaws.blogspot.ca/