Why are racists so afraid of being labled racist?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by AKR, Apr 18, 2014.

1. AKR

AKR New Member

It seems like no one is a racist. They can say the most horribly racist thing, but if you call them a racist, they will defend their position as being rational and just "pointing out statistics," as if that means they're not a racist. I've never seen a racist embrace the term "racist." Why is that? Why are racists such cowards if they are so proud of their "superior" genetics? They'll argue until they're blue in the face that other races are inferior, but don't you dare label them a racist. Anyone else find this strange?

krunkskimo and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Russ103

Russ103 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I don't think anyone is afraid of being labeled as such, it's more like the left wearing the word "racist" out so much in the last 6 years that it has become meaningless.

Anytime someone calls someone a racist tells me that the accuser is out of facts and logic and simply falling back on what Chris Mathews tells them.

Racism isn't dead unfortunately but it is far more rare then it was in the past. Sadly, the left thinks that everyone who doesn't agree with 100% of their agenda is only doing it because they are racist, bigoted, sexist, homophobes and that's all there is to it, when nothing could be further from the truth. Facts be damned.

I'm sure someone is going to find my post "racist" lol

Battle3 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Kurmugeon

Kurmugeon Well-Known Member

Doesn't the Word "Racist" mean someone who dares to disagree with a Liberal, and make a good, logical, sound argument as to why the Liberal is Wrong!?

4. Jackster

Jackster New Member

Considering the definitions used im a racist and proud to be....

Firstly i believe races have different overall strengths and weakness......racist

Secondly i believe each race has a right to strong majorities in their homelands for the right of self determination and to maintain their own cultures. A right that would see their people and culture survive...... only racist if you think whites are included.....so guilty again.

I dont hate other races, welcome people of other races (while maintain strong majorities) but because of the above leftists clearly define me as racist. Oh it hurts so bad the lefty doesnt like me and calls me a bad man, very bad man, im mortally wounded :roflol:

5. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

No, it means someone is a bigoted racist, hiding behind his statistics in a feeble attempt at projecting rationale when, in fact, they just hate blacks because they're either simply black or, in the case of Obama, a damn sight more clever than they could ever hope to be. And that really pisses them off. I'd love some of these keyboard 'logicians' to confront the subjects of their vitriol face to face. Let's see if they would be brave enough to stand by their holier-than-thou 'principles' then when the inevitable smack in their disgusting bigoted faces would be the wholly predictable and entirely justifiable outcome..

6. iamkurtz

iamkurtz Banned

If you are of the opinion that anyone who does not like Obama is racist, just says so.

7. Jackster

Jackster New Member

So what i said above you'd smack me in the face, if we were face to face? Internet warriors crack me up!

8. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

Did I say anything about me? Seems like basic comprehension is another issue facing racists...

9. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

See, genius, there's a big difference between not liking someone for their policies, and disliking them because of their colour and hiding behind the policy issue in an attempt at disguising an obvious racist taunt. I'm not surprised you couldn't figure that one out, frankly.

10. iamkurtz

iamkurtz Banned

One more time. If you think people are racists because they dislike Obama then say so. Is that too hard for you? And you foolishly assume that a dislike of Obama is based on color. No that is racist.

11. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

Wow, more pearls of wisdom. Listen up folks, I'm a racist for pointing out that people who hate blacks are racist!

12. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

Pointing out to a racist that they are racist, is like calling-out the behavior of a person that has gotten away with bad things for a long time. The 'reaction' (stemming from HUMAN nature) is typically a defensive one, often as emotional and illogical as the racist behavior itself.

I think one useful approach for this society (at this time) would be to put abject, anti-cultural behavior on BLAST. Anyone who tolerates the dehumanization of other human beings due to their cultural background or ethnicity... is a person polluting the world. They need to be seen as such and called-out accordingly. Life should NOT be made comfortable for racists; all they add to this reality is suffering.

13. iamkurtz

iamkurtz Banned

What you claimed is that anyone who dislikes Obama for his polices is a racist. And that is racist.

14. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

15. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

Well, if I was of that opinion I'd say so.

16. ringotuna

ringotuna Well-Known Member Past Donor

Citing statistics is not an act of racism. It's simply an act of presenting facts that deniers don't like to see, and have no intelligent argument against.

17. Russ103

Russ103 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Hahaha so according to the libs anyone who dares to even remotely question their dear regime leader is a "racist"? Lol and they wonder why anyone with half a brain doesn't take them seriously.

Libs... they so funny!

18. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

There are a lot of racists that vehemently deny they are, but I'm more concerned with the anti-racists tbh. Not people who are just opposed to racism, but those who are so opposed to racism that they do a 180 and start arguing for reverse racism or general nonsense.

The affirmative action, "no discrimination in business" types.

19. iamkurtz

iamkurtz Banned

You are of that opinion.............from you............

there's a big difference between not liking someone for their policies, and disliking them because of their colour and hiding behind the policy issue in an attempt at disguising an obvious racist taunt.

20. Glock

Glock Well-Known Member

I used to think it was a strange phenomenon, until spending quite a few years on this board. I've come to realize that it's a defense mechanism when there is no alternative reasoning to be made.

I have come to the realization also that, to conservatives here, there is no such thing as racism unless it is against white people. Everything else is just "extremely provocative" (an actual response to a post about blacks being genetically inferior).

21. AKR

AKR New Member

What a surprise, the first reply is from someone complaining about liberals. :cool:

And so is the second.

Do you believe whites are superior?

Citing statistics as an argument that black people are more violent, lazy or unintelligent is clearly the act of a racist. If one is arguing that there are no cultural or social reason for why one racial group and are using stats as an argument for that, how is that NOT racist? They're saying that one racial group is genetically inferior, although, they are often too cowardly to come right out and say that. Do you know what racism even is?

And citing stats is NOT simply presenting facts. Stats do not necessarily show causation, but many times, uneducated or deceitful users of stats will imply causation. Ignorant and/or deceitful people use stats when they aren't even smart enough to comprehend them, or simply don't care to.

Uh, this thread has nothing to do with your comment. Way to derail.

22. iamkurtz

iamkurtz Banned

Even if it is true? What if I state that homosexuals account for the vast majority of AIDS cases? Does that make me a 'homophobe'?

23. mutmekep

mutmekep New Member

Race is only a description , stating that a description is superior to others makes you look like a fool .

24. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

I would say the reason is they know their positions are without morality and thought, and simply do not wish to be reminded of it.

25. Shiva_TD

Shiva_TD Progressive Libertarian Past Donor

There is actually very little overt racism but overt racists do tend to self-identify themselves. They are generally the White Nationalists and the White Supremacist and typically they admit to that.

Generally what we have is racial prejudice that results in racist actions but few are aware of the fact, and don't want to admit, that they personally harbor prejudice. We also have many negative actions that affect "race" or "ethnic heritage" that aren't technically based upon "racism" but instead on politics that results in racism.

For example Republicans support the immigration quotas that basically limit Hispanic immigration because if Hispanics are allowed to legally immigrate to the United States then they will probably become citizens and vote for Democrats. It is politically motivated but it does result in ethnic discrimination (i.e. racism).

The same is true with the recent Republican voting laws. The purpose is political because they are targeting attributes of "Democratic voters" such as less likelihood to have government ID or the fact that they use early voting more often than Republicans so the laws are designed to cut down on their voting. It's "politically motivated" but results in racist laws that are fundamentally identical to the Jim Crow laws in the South that were designed to reduce black voting so that the WASP males would control political power.

Racial prejudice in the ecomony is more serious because the prejudice results in a person having a distorted picture based upon race. Anti-black racial prejudice, for example, can result in the employing manager actually believing a less qualified white person is more qualified than a black applicant. It isn't intentional racism but instead is due to a distorted decision process because of prejudice that adversely effects the decision.