PUP Power

Discussion in 'Australia, NZ, Pacific' started by truthvigilante, Apr 21, 2014.

1. truthvigilante

truthvigilante Well-Known Member Past Donor

Clivey boy is flexing his muscle! Rejecting both forms of action on climate change due to his denial of climate change, may just be his Samson moment! What will obviously resonate with voters is his clear rejection on Direct Action, which for even the simple mind is a ludicrous policy that will cost a fortune and achieve very little towards the goal of 5% reduction of greenhouse gases by 2020. Every economist on the planet for years now have clearly stated that the direct action plan policy is simply uneconomical and nonsensical.

The Carbon Price come ETS here in Australia has proven to be much less of an economical impact than was continuously being sprayed by Abbott and posters. The positive impacts such as reduction of emissions is quite significant to boot.

Now if direct action is such economic ludicrous as proclaimed by Clivey Boy, our best option to tackle AGW is a carbon price come ETS. I mean Clivey boy hasn't got another plan and don't think he really wants one due to his beliefs on climate change. For those of us who'd rather believe 97% of scientist and climatologists, we want action!!! Just because Clivey boy has vested interests and posters here want something to argue about by making uneducated claims based on claims of 3% of scientist who are actually unsure about whether man is impacting, should not mean we reject action altogether.

Come on Clivey baby, be clear on what you stand for and make it loud and clear that you don't believe in AGW, therefore reject any action to tackle climate change! If Clivey boy leaves climate action in limbo, he will be embarrassingly kissing his little foray into politics goodbye at the next election!

http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politic...-dead-without-pup-support-20140421-zqxee.html

2. culldav

culldav Well-Known Member

I suppose this is from the same scientists and climatologists that say the chief dating method used to date the Earth is Uranuim Lead Mapping. Uranium radiocative mineral turns into lead over a long period of time. You measure the amount of Uranium in the Earths crust by the amount of lead. That tell you how old the eath is. Conventional scientist using this technique tell us the Earth is 4 billion years old.

However, what they haven't mentioned is that Uranium turns into another substance called helium - Radioactive heilum. All the radioactive helium in the earths atmosphere comes from radioactive decay produced by Uranium. If this method of dating the Earth was reliable and measured the helium in the atmosphere; it should give you the same date as the lead; 4 billion years old.

In fact the helium in the atmosphere doesn't give an age any where near 4 billion years old. It give an age just a few hundred thousnad years old when dated. If the one technique used by so-called scientist to date the age of the Earth gives you a reading of 4 billion years based on a lead reading, and another reading of just a few hundred thousand year old based on a helium reading - and both minerals are formed from Uranium; wouldn't suggest the technique to date the age of the earth is unreliable and questionable?

Now, what was it you were saying about scientists you worship as absolute Gods on climate change again?

3. truthvigilante

97% vs 3 %......clear enough.

4. culldav

Going on the same scientist who are dating the age of the Earth. Is the Earth 4 billion years old based on Lead in the planets crust, or two hundred thousand years old, based on the helium in the atmosphere, considering both elements come from radioactive Uranium used to date the planets age? They both cannot be correct. These idiot scientists don't really know how old our planet is - its all just theory and guess work based on modelling that 99% of the time turns out to be wrong. I have never said the planets climate is not changing, but its a massive leap of faith to suggest all the changes are a result of man. when these scientists know jack-squat about how our planet and our environment really works.

5. truthvigilante

We all take "calculated" risks, which is reliance on someone of something. These experts in the field know a hell of a lot more than billions of lay people who wouldn't know where to start. We pretend we know and can try and sift through endless data in an extremely superficial way that is most likely well off the mark. What some people want is explicit evidence, which could well make addressing any issue....too late!

I could think of many simple scenarios that could apply to complacent attitudes that turn catastrophic because an individual or group disregard the advice of someone more experienced. We as lay people could argue about AGW with simplistic and untrained views and reasoning until the cows come home. You, I and joe blow put our faith in someone or something on numerous issues personal and professional! Our only consideration is whether the source is credible!

Who is Clivey boy believing and why?

6. culldav

Scientists cannot convince me their theory and modelling on golbal warming is correct, especially when the same scientists use a theory and method to obtaining the age of the planet, but that theory and method results in two massively different age calculations. These scientists have educated us, and educating our children, by stating as a fact - human beings were not present at the same time as the dinosaurs, but some scientists have found direct fossil evidence in the USA thats proves human beings and some dinosaurs existed at the same time.

7. m2catter

m2catter Well-Known Member

Why would Cliveboy come up with anything, which will impact as a deficit on his main form of income?

8. aussiefree2ride

aussiefree2ride New Member

Don`t you know it`s rude to express AGW agnosticism, in the BIG$$$$$ AGW Church?

9. verystormy

verystormy Active Member

Do some more reading / go and learn some science. Through the old book away and actually open your mind and learn

10. Bowerbird

Bowerbird Well-Known Member

No because I doubt there are any scientists who are actually saying that - because that is a load of half understood mangled twaddle

- - - Updated - - -

Do not confuse your own understanding of science with the scientists understanding - take it from me there is a difference

11. truthvigilante

Logically you'd have to think that human like forms would have struggled to live beside these beast! We'd have to believe that human forms also survived the big freeze from the meteor/s impact or simply redeveloped after the event, if this is the event that took out dinosaurs. Dinosaurs certainly didn't make a come back bar supposedly a crocodile etc.

Anyway, with the best knowledge that humans have today the risks would be too great to simply overlook in terms of AGW. Introduce action now I say until further validated evidence is forth coming. What damage can we do but be out of pocket a few extra dollars, which would be worthless if AGW is at all true.

12. culldav

You're funny :roflol:

13. verystormy

verystormy Active Member

Ok, first i will point out i am a geologist.

The method you describe of Pb-U is one method. yes it releases both alpha and beta particles. These are measured and are actually a help in the dating process.

In a lot of geocrhon studies now, this in only one method of dating and along with it fission tracking is also applied where possible. Today, many more rocks are dated using Argon/Argon and occaisionaly Potassium/Argon.

For young rocks, sub a giga year, the palaemagnetic methods are very accurate.

I always find it very funny, that godbotherers seem to think we want to lie to the public and are not aware of the limitations of various scientific methods that they have some amazing clarity on.

Maybe sign up for a course in geology

14. Bowerbird

Whoo! From North West QLD myself - got some good looking rocks up this way:D

But it also amazes me how mangled peoples understanding of science is and rather than fact check they will display that ignorance across the internet,

Yes we can all make errors, especially posting in a field that is not a primary study field but to show how far off base you are does not diminish the person you are debating but it DOES make one look a complete and utter Twonk

- - - Updated - - -

Whoo! From North West QLD myself - got some good looking rocks up this way:D

But it also amazes me how mangled peoples understanding of science is and rather than fact check they will display that ignorance across the internet,

Yes we can all make errors, especially posting in a field that is not a primary study field but to show how far off base you are does not diminish the person you are debating but it DOES make one look a complete and utter Twonk

15. verystormy

verystormy Active Member

Never been up that way myself - north QLD - but would like to. Some interesting mines up there. At the moment though i am FIFO from Perth to Tanzania on a nickel exploration project

16. Bowerbird

Interesting geology all the way around - and FOSSILS!!! Wahoo! Found some 100 million year old sea floor just at the side of the road around Julia Creek

17. garry17

garry17 Well-Known Member

Before we start, do you want to discuss politics of this? Or are you just trying to start some other smear campaign???

I think people have touched upon much of the motive of Palmers (protecting his income) but I believe more to the point he is trying to use his perceived political power. Unfortunately, he maybe shooting himself in the foot with this move, NOT due to the policy but due to mouthing out the way he has.

Palmer announced that the policy was this and that while during the same speech stating he did not know what the policy actually was. As with much of the smear campaigns going around at this time about budgets and policies, how can anybody determine what they do and what they won’t do when they actually don't know what they are??? Unfortunately his style (as it stands now) if it continues will be the parties downfall.

18. axialturban

axialturban Well-Known Member

What a disappointment he has become another 'Protest Party' like the Greens and to a lesser extent the ALP (who are more a Popularity Party). He advertised himself as just the opposite, but turns out he seems to be all about sensationalism through protesting against everything.

19. truthvigilante

Ain't nothing wrong with being a protest party. I think you'll find that one of these parties will grow quite quickly. If it weren't for meg lees, the democrats would have been in the picture as a major player!