My dog has bloodshot eyes

Discussion in 'Animals & Pets' started by Coolia, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Coolia

Coolia New Member

I took my dog to the vet this morning to check her bloodshot eyes. She said she thinks it's an allergy and gave me some ointment to put in her eyes. If they're not better in 10 days, I have to take her back.

She is a very fragile Chihuahua with long fragile legs.

Now I'm worried about her because when I brought her in from the patio, she seemed to be in pain. She has bad knees and I'm going to start her on joint supplements.

When she came in earlier, she kind of yelped when I picked her up as if her front shoulder or leg hurt.

But she has walked a bit since then and now seems to be sleeping comfortably, even snoring.

I guess I'm just worried and wondering if I should be worried. She now woke up and jumped on the couch. If she was in pain, would she be able to do that? She also ate because I gave her a tiny bit of aspirin with it. She has very delicate legs.

I sometimes think she's in pain and hiding it like they say dogs do, because sometimes she will circle a lot before lying down.

Any thoughts or opinions?

2. smevins

smevins New Member

The hardscape on the patio (I assume concrete) may have stressed its knees. The circling thing could just be the circling thing dogs do (it is a bedding instinct for them). One of my dogs will walk in constant circles if she is having pain walking and another won't walk at all. Just depends. Dogs can jump if they are in pain--it is just a matter of the nature/location of the pain. Sometimes dogs that have no problem going up, have problems getting down--we had an old beagle that was like that; she would climb on the sofa and then screech when she was ready to get down.

It is ok to be worried, but don't be too obsessed unless you see things getting worse.

3. Coolia

Coolia New Member

I never put her out on the patio, but she was on the hard concrete for less than an hour while I shampooed the carpet. I have never done that before, but thought she'd be okay because there is a dog house (she never goes into it), a rug, and a dog bed, but I don't think she used any of them. She was just standing on the concrete wanting to come in.

Do you give your dogs anything for pain?

4. Rainbow Crow

Rainbow Crow New Member Past Donor

Eat it before the meat goes bad.

5. Unifier

Unifier New Member

Did she party a little too hard on 4/20?