Illegal aliens caught voting

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by yes/no, Apr 23, 2014.

1. yes/no

yes/no New Member

2. Angrytaxpayer

Angrytaxpayer Banned

You know the Democrats wont complain because the votes are for them. But is anyone surprised?

3. Alwayssa

Alwayssa Well-Known Member

100 people in a county with over 2 million registered voters? And the video only says non U.S. citizens.

What this video show is that the election voting registration system needs to be improved, but that costs money. And that is not on the top list for spending money in the State of Florida or in any county in Florida.

4. Jango

Jango New Member

Which is weird because they claim up-and-down that voter fraud is the figment of the right's imagination, basically in an attempt to reduce it to a conspiracy theory.

5. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

That's 100 votes stolen from American citizens.

And we know there are many more nationwide.

6. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

yes, the constant downplay of the significance is disturbing... "oh, it's only 100 votes in a county of millions"

no, only 100 or so were caught.

George W. Bush won Florida by around 500 votes... which secured the 2000 election for him. "only a 100 or so" in 5 counties in Florida decides an election in 2000.... so yes, "only a 100 or so" is very important.

But I understand why it isn't a concern to the left as they are the ones getting the vote.

"Voting illegal? well, it depends on if you are voting Democrat or Republican as to whether we need to address this problem"

7. northwinds

northwinds Well-Known Member Past Donor

No, No, No........this simply is not happening......that's what my our lib friends tell us over and over.......and because it doesn't happen its 'racissss' to ask someone to actually produce identification when they vote........the mind of a liberal is a terrible thing to watch.

8. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

I bet ACORN signed em all up...

9. sec

sec Well-Known Member

Lee county has 1/3 of the population you cite. Please, at least try and be somewhat factual. Lee County is on the southwest portion of the state.

the problem that i see is that these folks got caught. This happened in Debbie Schultz' state so she needs to hide this better so illegals don't get caught again voting Democrat

10. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

Do illegal voters EVER vote GOP?

11. happy fun dude

happy fun dude New Member

If they catch so many illegal Mexicans yet don't bother to deport them or do anything with them, why do we spend taxpayer money on the INS so they can raid Taco Bells to try to find more illegal aliens?

12. JWBlack

JWBlack New Member

If there is 100 then it stands to reason that there are 100s more.
    1 is too many!

13. REPUBLICRAT

REPUBLICRAT Well-Known Member

I don't get it. I have to verify my citizenship to register to vote. Why don't these people? Is the registration process that much different in Florida?

14. raytri

raytri Well-Known Member

#1, it wasn't 100 people in Lee County. It was 100 people in the entire state of Florida. That isn't even a rounding error; it's a microscopic difference.

#2, that means 100 people improperly registered. It does not mean 100 people voted.

#3, nearly 100% of the time, it turns out that such improper registrations are the result of human error, not fraud.

Voter registration roles are maintained by humans, and are full of various kinds of errors. People die or move and don't get removed; misspelled or misfiled applications; etc. People register to vote without realizing they aren't eligible; registration clerks miss a potential flag, or forget to ask a particular question.

100 people in a state of 20 million people is a *very* low rate -- the kind of rate indicative of simple errors, not fraud.

15. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

And the predicted response from the left....nothing to see here. :rolleyes:

16. Pred

Pred Well-Known Member

Fake documents are easy enough to obtain. Fake address with fake names. Just make it all up and write down anything you want. You only get caught if they check and even if you get caught, are they going to kick you out? Why? The govt wants as many illegals as possible for future Democrat votes....more power and control and the dumber the populace the easier it all is. Makes no sense and a whole lot of sense at the same time, I know.

17. Iron River

Iron River Well-Known Member

No, no. These are the only accidently cast votes in the nation.

The dems claim that the right to vote is the most important right that we have so we can't do anything to impede that right so we have to just stand back and let whoever wants to vote, vote. i agree that the right to vote is very important and it should be a privilege that is earned, not given to the non productive leaches in our society. You want to vote you should do more than produce more dem voters.

18. BroncoBilly

BroncoBilly Well-Known Member Past Donor

It's still illegal. If Bundy is expected to follow the law, then illegals should be expected to follow the law. Why do you have a problem with that?

19. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

I'm more concerned with the percentages, as yesterday was not a huge voter turnout day historically.

so if 100 out of 100,000 were caught... if you expand that to to 1000 for every million that vote in Florida.... suddenly, that 500 vote swing in the 2000 election is negated and we have Al Gore as POTUS, not W.

This is why dems don't care that 100 out of a 100000 were caught and will try to downplay the importance or significance.

Of course, if these were illegals voting Republican.... there would be huge outrage.

20. raytri

raytri Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with that.

What I have a problem with is a cure that is worse than the disease: adopting laws that will disenfranchise thousands upon thousands of legitimate voters in order to prevent a handful of improper votes.

I'm also curious how conservatives think cutting back on early voting, or creating very narrow windows for collecting new voter registrations, helps prevent fraud. Those are pure disenfranchisement attempts.

21. raytri

raytri Well-Known Member

It was 100 out of about 12 million registered voters in Florida.

No, I just want conservatives to make their case with the math in full view. "We want to pass laws that will effectively disenfranchise 10,000 legitimate voters in order to keep 100 improperly registered people from possibly voting."

Not everyone is as easily outraged as the far right (or far left, for that matter).

Everyone agrees that voting illegally is illegal, and that reasonable steps should be taken to prevent it. The problem is scope: by every available measure, illegal voting is a tiny, tiny, tiny problem. And the proposed solutions are so sweeping that they will end up causing more problems than they solve.

22. JP5

JP5 Former Moderator Past Donor

I bet I couldn't go to France and vote. And I bet I couldn't go to El Salvador and vote. I bet they have rules in place to ensure that only legitimate voters can vote. For some reason....here in our country.....libs want that to remain kind of fuzzy, so that we never really know for sure if everyone voting is legitimate or not. You downplay 100.....but 100 illegal votes cancels out 100 U.S. citizen's votes......and that is wrong! Or maybe you believe they are likely voting for liberals and therefore don't care?

23. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

12 million people didn't vote yesterday....

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...ict-19-gop-primary-election-coverage/7996015/

numbers aren't completely in, but in Lee County, 38% voter turnout..... if you extrapolate all 67 counties with about that same turnout....

No, I just want conservatives to make their case with the math in full view. "We want to pass laws that will effectively disenfranchise 10,000 legitimate voters in order to keep 100 improperly registered people from possibly voting."
    [/quote]

downplay, claim racism, repeat...

the left would be if those (caught) cases voted democratic....

24. JP5

JP5 Former Moderator Past Donor

I don't recall having a window for registering. I have never run into an obstacle when I moved and had to re-register to vote in another precinct. Perhaps they don't want you registering people right up to the day of voting......so there is no time to process it and check the legitimacy of it. That would be understandable.

I find it very hard to believe that legitimate residents can't do as every other legitimate voters do and obtain the necessary items required to vote. Here in Texas, we'll take your picture and give you one FREE. Then we hear this...."Yeah, but some will have to drive too far, blah, blah, and more blah," So....they NEVER get to the grocery store; a doctor; visit a relative: or have a relative who could assist them come visit them? All excuses for having the kind of open system that Democrats want so that illegal voting CAN take place. You're telling us you really wouldn't mind IF some Republicans located 100 DEAD voters, stole their information and had them vote in YOUR precinct? Because you can double the number of illegitimate votes because they cancel out 100 legitimate votes.

25. raytri

raytri Well-Known Member

I'm sure they have laws similar to our own. "I bet" is a really weird nonbasis for an argument.

Uh-huh.

Try actually reading what I wrote.

I "downplay" 100 illegal votes because 100 out of 12 million is a problem so small you need a microscope to even begin to identify it.

I agree that illegal votes are illegal -- but I don't think effectively disenfranchising 10,000 legal voters in order to prevent 100 illegal votes is an improvement. Do you?