Guns For Everyone!

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Minotaur, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Minotaur

Minotaur New Member

In an effort to make sure every last child of a gun owner has their God given right to eventually own a gun if they are one of the lucky ones not to be killed in their own home by daddy leaving loaded weapons around, Georgia has made an effort to give everyone a chance to be a victim of the more macho gun owners.

Now you too John Doe can dodge bullets in safe areas rather than just when visiting one of the gun owner homes. The new Georgia law has magnificently nailed the coffin home by passing a far reaching gun law that should actually lower their population fairly quick:

1) Bars

Nothing is better than mixing guns and booze! Bravo for this most excellent adventure.

2) Churches

Think of this as being closer to heaven as it is. This is a matter of convenience to instantly know if your belief was right.

3) Schools

What can I say. This is the new republican abortion plan.

5) Government buildings

There are so many Government building attacks and shootings that what is a few more?

6) No database of gun owners

To keep the killing game fair, call this the blind luck policy. Who needs to make it easier to catch killers? This makes sense to safeguard future cold case reopening cases for TV viewers.

7) No fingerprinting

This is a no-brainer. If you are not going to register them why in the world would anyone need fingerprints to establish whether they are who they say they are. Save fingerprinting and databases keeping for voters and leave the currently law abiding (maybe) Potential Future Killers of America alone.

What Georgia's 'Extreme' New Gun Law Allows - NBC News

Gatewood and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Inviolate

Inviolate Banned

Sounds good. An armed society is a polite society.

3. Minotaur

Minotaur New Member

Hahahaha

4. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

It is legal to carry guns in bars in Colorado as well. It is not, however, legal to consume alcohol (as in zero, not even a beer) and possess a firearm.

If you can carry, but not drink, what is your problem?

I literally laugh at the idea of god fearing Christians carrying guns. The idea is so silly, the ultimate act of no faith.

But, practically, what is the issue of carrying a gun into a place of worship? The government has no place telling people they cannot carry into any place of worship. That is asinine. If that particular establishment wishes to bar firearms, that is well within their rights.

Gun free zones have been effective in what way...?

Be explicit in your response.

Gun free zones have been effective in what way...?

Be explicit in your response.

Or not. Why favor gun registration? Can you name instances where registration has not lead to confiscation?

Or not. Why favor gun registration? Can you name instances where registration has not lead to confiscation?

5. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

Give it a year or two and it will be the bar owners howling for gun relief, probably because of a sudden spate of dead bartenders. I like going out for a beer and a burger as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to a Georgia bar if there are guns around.

6. Minotaur

Minotaur New Member

Why try debating someone supporting the outrageous thought behind the NRA which is what we are actually talking about when gun laws are passed for them. Listen it has gotten so dumbed down that I currently enjoy the pro-NRA convoluted thought process. Truthfully now Georgia is going to be the symbol and they better start praying now that they serve as a good example rather than the adventure in living it appears to be. Meet you here in 5 years to check their report card.

7. Wolverine

I note your complete failure to address any of the questions.

8. Minotaur

Minotaur New Member

Did you expect me to repeat my points solely based on you coming up with invalid questions? I think my points are made quite clearly. Just reread the Toppost.

9. Minotaur

Minotaur New Member

Bars can get crazy enough without guns. I'm with you on that as I would not step into a bar in Georgia either.

10. mtlhdtodd

mtlhdtodd Well-Known Member

When you have no argument, RUN. I got it.

11. nra37922

nra37922 Well-Known Member

Expansion on the topic

1) Bars

Before the new law, gun owners were not allowed to bring their firearms into bars unless the bar owner specifically allowed it. But under the Safe Carry Protection Act, the emphasis is reversed. A patron can bring guns into bars unless the owner tells him or her to leave.

Posting NO Guns is common in TN and works fine

2) Churches

Church leaders will now be able to decide whether to allow their congregations to bring guns into their buildings. Right now, bringing guns into houses of worship is illegal. Under the Safe Carry Protection Act, if a gun license holder brings a gun into church against the wishes of that church's leaders, the gun owner will be fined $100. If a non-license holder brings a gun to that same church, he or she will be guilty of a misdemeanor.

No issue wit this either. Just post that the church is off limits to legal gun owners who are carrying.

3) Schools

Local school boards will now be allowed to vote on whether they want to let teachers and other members of the school's staff bring guns to campus. The staff members will apply to the school board, and they will go through training that includes "judgment pistol shooting," "marksmanship," and a review of Georgia's laws about shooting people to defend yourself and others. If a teacher doesn't want to carry the gun at all times, he or she will have to store it in a safe or lock box. Previously, a licensed owner could bring a gun to school if an "authorized official of the school" gave permission.

Up to the local school boards and the volunteer teachers are going to get trained.

4) Airports

Licensed gun owners will be allowed to have firearms in airport common areas and if they accidentally bring their guns to airport security checkpoints, they will be allowed to pick up their weapon and leave without criminal penalty. They will not, of course, be able to take their gun past the TSA checkpoint, which remains a federal matter.

Picked up anyone from Hartsfield lately? Not an area where one wants to have any car problems.

5) Government buildings

Licensed gun owners will be allowed to bring their weapons into unsecured government buildings -- in other words, those buildings that don't have security checkpoints or metal detectors. Supporters say this provision was intended to help rural counties that don't have the funds to hire full-time security personnel. Gun owners still won't be able to bring weapons into, say, Atlanta City Hall or the Georgia State Capitol.

No issue

6) No database of gun owners

The law will prevent the state of Georgia from creating and maintaining a database of licensed owners.

Once I get the license, not going to debate licensing a right, the government needs to be done with me.

7) No fingerprinting

The law will eliminate the fingerprinting requirement for renewing weapons carry licenses.

You've got the original license and had to be fingerprinted. If you commit a crime your losing your license and cannot get another one. Fingerprinting isn't needed.

BTW. IMHO there is nothing wrong with 'Guns for Everyone' if they are law abiding and have training. Training should start in school with Gun safety classes.

12. DentalFloss

DentalFloss Well-Known Member

Seems to me that someone deemed trustworthy enough to concealed carry at the mall isn't going to all of a sudden go on a rampage at church. And if they DO intend to go on a rampage at church, a law prohibiting carrying a weapon there isn't going to stop them.

13. Minotaur

Minotaur New Member

Why don't you answer his silly questions. Start with this one: "Why favor gun registration? Can you name instances where registration has not lead to confiscation?" and then the priceless: "Gun free zones have been effective in what way...? Be explicit in your response."

I don't answer silly questions. If the questions showed some insight I would have answered it. It must contain at least a hint of factual to earn a right to be answered.

14. nra37922

nra37922 Well-Known Member

Bingo....

15. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

I haven't seen where you can take your guns into Turner Stadium. That'd be a hoot, wouldn't it? Beer, baseball and Barettas.

16. Wolverine

Or you can actually address the questions posed to you.

What is the issue of allowing businesses to decide if they are to allow firearms?
    What is the issue in allowing churches to decide if they are to allow firearms?
    What evidence do you have to prove that gun free zones work?
    What evidence do you have the registration is effective, and will not be used to confiscate firearms?

Pretty simple stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

I see your pathetic non-existent arguments have you running with your tail between your legs.

17. Wolverine

Don't use facts. We should all remain ignorant and spread hysterical misinformation like the morons we can only hope to be.

18. Wolverine

Which is exactly why the premise of the "gun free zone" falls flat on its face.

19. sparquelito

sparquelito Banned at Members Request

We should all look to Chicago and Washington DC for an example of success, re; guns and carry-conceal laws.

Both cities have strict laws that outlaw the ownership and possession of firearms, and both cities have a zero-tolerance for citizens walking around with a gun, trying to protect themselves.

I don't have their gun crime statistics handy, but whatever they are, I am SURE they are the very model of what all other communities should aspire to.
    Outlaw guns, and gun violence will go down.
    Makes perfect sense.

Just like heroin and crystal-meth.
    If you outlaw them, then nobody will ever illegally use those drugs either!!

Yea!!
    It's a win-win for everybody!!
    180px-Barney-Fife.jpg

20. Minotaur

Minotaur New Member

Businesses and churches have no business determining public safety policy. Period.

Obviously shoot outs do not happen in airplanes where guns are not allowed.

Registered cars, births, homeownership, etc do not get confiscated.

The school murders by gun killed over 20 kids and teachers. The knife attack in a school injured over 20 students and teachers with ZERO fatalities.

Secondly, look at the lax states like Georgia and compare it to this map. As you can clearly see the South is killing each other off so the new laws will help them in that grand ranking they are already achieving:

Screen-shot-2013-04-03-at-8.03.53-AM-e1364990755473.png

21. Outlander

Outlander New Member

So, we should give guns out to everyone. The blind, insane, and handicapped? Have them like candy. Two glocks for a tenner. Take them to school, to the ballgame, to your local convention, to the town hall meeting. Because this is a perfectly fine train of logic that someone under the age of six couldn't find any flaws in.

22. DentalFloss

DentalFloss Well-Known Member

Florida was the first state to issue concealed carry permits to civilians in 1987. Since that time, 2,500,000 permits have been issued, and over 1,000,000 are currently valid. That's one out of every 6 adults.

There have been only 168 carry permit holders convicted of gun crimes since 1987, and some of them were committed by persons not actually qualified for a permit who slipped through the cracks and got one anyway. That's 0.00672 percent.

CCW Permit holders do not pose a risk to anyone. They will not shoot you in a bar, they will not shoot you in a car, they will not shoot you at the Y, unless you are a real bad guy.

23. Minotaur

Minotaur New Member

Don't be fooled. Here in Florida we can kill without getting on that list:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/gun-deaths-in-florida-increased-with-stand-your-ground-2014-2

24. Pardy

Pardy Well-Known Member Past Donor

Shame that people aren't allowed to carry guns on airplanes.... that will make them extra safe. :roll:

25. Outlander

Outlander New Member