Should probably move from georgia

Discussion in 'Gun Control' started by Outlander, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Outlander

Outlander New Member

Do I even need to argue this? Seriously! CHURCHES, SCHOOLS, AIRPORTS, BARS, GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS! Someone should check on the federal building! Noxious fumes have been leaking in! HELLO! IS ANYONE STILL CONSCIOUS AND SANE!?

For those not Hysterical, a bill was recently passed in Georgia that will allow guns in more places. And it's insane. That is all.

2. nra37922

nra37922 Well-Known Member

Move to Chicago, Phily. Memphis, East St. Louis or South LA if that will make you all warm and fuzzy. Bravo for GA expanding the ability for law abiding citizens to protect themselves.

3. Outlander

Outlander New Member

Seriously?! We're allowing guns in GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS! Does no one else see the lunacy in that?!

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member Past Donor

First off in Kansas...the churches petitioned the state to remove them from the protection of the state CCH laws...they were uncomfortable with all the shootings in the gun free other churches.

Second, what is different about government buildings, while guns were illegal in those buildings previously, they still had people getting killed in them. Here in good old Kansas, many government buildings were never posted, some removed their restrictions after seeing that the law abiding gun owners were responsible citizens and last year the state said "HEY county and city government, if you are gonna post a no gun sign....you gotta provide a minimal amount of protection for those who HAVE to enter your buildings to conduct government transactions or else you gotta let them protect themselves" Ya know....we still haven't had the blood in the buildings many predicted. Imagine that.

I find it very amusing that some believe that government buildings are some magical place where citizens who control their emotions in every other building would loss it and become mass killers because they don't agree with their tax bill. Why on earth do some believe that?

5. Outlander

Outlander New Member

I just can't... the stupidity here is unimaginable. Guns shouldn't be allowed in public buildings, period. If you want to carry one around on the street and you have a permit, go right ahead. But In a federal building or any other public building, No.

And might I remind you the multitude of church bombings back in the seventies? Or the ones more recently? Wouldn't it be much simpler for a guy to just walk in, declare his gun, then open fire? Gotta love the system.

You also didn't address Schools, Bars, Airports, ext...

6. Pardy

Pardy Well-Known Member Past Donor

Right-wing radical groups have been failing to make a difference at the federal level, so they've been focusing at the state level. Many people never knew that this bill was even proposed. They sneakily get insane bills tabled and passed. Unfortunately, this will happen in more states due to public apathy.

7. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

I hear Chicago is breathtaking this time of year.......literally. No guns there. Give it a shot.......

8. Outlander

Outlander New Member

ASAP, i'm moving to some place sensible.

9. AlphaOmega

A crazed gunman can walk into your church right now without any paperwork at all. The difference is someone can shoot back now.

10. Outlander

Outlander New Member

Yeah, except I didn't anywhere say that I wanted no guns. Have a legal gun in your house? Sure. Have a gun in public with a permit? Eh...OK. Have a gun in church, a bar, an airport, or at the DMV? No, that is lunacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Lemme point out the flaws here.

1. That would be much less devestating than someone walking in with a known firearm, standing up, and shooting.

2. In a crowded church, there is a high chance that a panicked churchgoer will get shot in the crossfire.

11. AlphaOmega

Why are guns in public acceptable to you but not at the DMV? Are crazy people checked at the doors of DMVs Bars Airports and churches?

12. Outlander

Outlander New Member

Because in the suburbs where I live, there aren't many sidewalks, and most people drive. So, if you are out in, say, a park, you're fine. I'm OK with that due to it being an open place with usually some security. However, the DMV is crowded and cramped, people are drunk at bars, the airport is the same as the DMV, and churches are the same as the DMV.

13. Pardy

Pardy Well-Known Member Past Donor

But don't you get it, you're safer when your surrounded by guns. Guns are never involved in gun violence (only criminals are). Those poor schmucks in gunless countries just sitting ducks just begging to be raped and murdered. They're being slaughtered as I write this. Guns are essential to human life, which is why God put them on earth.

14. AlphaOmega

So crowds are your reason for the difference? IS that correct?

15. Outlander

Outlander New Member

Partly, yes.

16. Small Town Guy

Lets face it, you are responding on an emotional level. Physically there is no difference between you being next to a CCH holder in a public building and a government building or on a city street. It isn't the gun you have to worry about, nor the law abiding citizen. Your concerns are unfounded and you know what I predict....nothing will change in Kansas or Georgia in the coming years and all the bloviating by those opposed to some magical effect of a government building will quietly slip into the abyss of another unfounded fear!

My point exactly....it isn't the good people doing it....it isn't even the gun...it's the criminal with the bomb/gun/knife/whatever. Now just so you know Kansas passed the timeout law last year and it's working wonderfully...the criminals have been following it to a TEE! :roll: So if this continues maybe we can quit carrying guns to all those places bad guys go to commit crimes.

Here let me fix that, many states are and have been allowing staff to carry into schools. Schools will be much less dangerous when all those wussy active shooters find out there are guns in those schools...many guns. I go to restaurants with bars frequently with my gun.....while there I don't drink if I carry and if I do the gun gets put away. Is there some sort of shooting sprees going on by law abiding citizens who go to bars/restaurants and have a drink? Airports....they should mandate everyone carry a gun.

17. AlphaOmega

Well I disagree but I commend you for your honesty. You are I believe the first person to answer from your point of view in a honest straight fwd answer without the need to drag answers out over the course of 50 posts. It actually unusual but refreshing.

18. Small Town Guy

You are amusing LOL I knew about this bill for quite a bit. It was never sneaky....and it isn't due to apathy...it's due to honest law abiding citizens not having the ability to carry a cop on his or her back all day...sheesh

19. Outlander

Outlander New Member

I don't see any reason to hide behind BS. That is part of my reason.

20. AlphaOmega

That's what is unusual. Most people do. BS is what clouds peoples stances on issues.
    So what is your issue with crowds exactly, do you think there is more of a chance something will happen because there are simply more people there?

21. Outlander

Outlander New Member

Partly, I am. But this does have some basis. For one, a street in my area ususally isn't crowded with pedestrians. A building usually is. I have no idea what this person's mental health is. I don't know if the safety is on or off. There are many factors that I now have to worry about past OH MY GOD A GUN.

Something I will admit is that crime rates are something we need to take care of, and I don't think the answer is no guns. Some guns, fine. But excessive guns? I don't think they're the answer. I think we need to help our police force though, instead of arming citizens.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what the Timeout Law is. Could you let me know?

If someone goes into a school to shoot someone, do you think they'll care that they'll probably be shot?

I just don't trust that everyone will be as good as you are.

Just increase the armed security personnel. They are trained in under fire situations, and the civilians aren't.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh...kinda. Basically, if a gun goes off in a park, whether on purpose or by accident, it will likely go into the sky or into the ground or into a tree or into a rock. In a crowded bar, if a gun goes off, it's much more likely it'll hit a person. Not only that, but there are likely more people with guns in the bar. if there's a shootout, how many people could be shot in the crossfire?

22. AlphaOmega

Well that's fine but since we are playing what ifs...what if a crazed gunman opens fire in a crowded theatre and no one has a gun to protect themselves? Shouldn't they have a right to self defense?

23. Outlander

Outlander New Member

If the process used to determine who can have a license was better, i'd agree. But, at the moment, I don't trust that the person that whips out his gun won't shoot a civilian.

24. EggKiller

EggKiller Well-Known Member

Holy bat crap crazy they're beating their wings against the window like mad.
    Good news is Georgia will also allow Unicorns anywhere you please. All is well.

25. Outlander

Outlander New Member

If only. If only. One day, the plight of the unicorns and other equines will be realized.