Navajos Have a Long Way to go to the Supermarket

Discussion in 'Other Political Issues' started by longknife, May 2, 2014.

1. longknife

longknife New Member

[​IMG]

This Al Jazeera America is clearly biased but does contain some clear points about the difficulty of Navajos to find enough food. It also omits two other peoples who like in the area, the Zuni and the Hopi. What is difficult for one who knows their history, as that all three of these were agrarians throughout their history. Hunting was just a way of subsidizing what they raised on the gardens and fields. I also note a lack of information about the Apache, another people of the area who must have similar problems.

Finally – I wonder how much this is true of ALL American Indian reservations around the nation? :roll:

The full story is @ http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/4/30/navajo-food.html\

2. smevins

smevins New Member

Have to take the \ off the end of the link or you get an "oops" page on the AJ site

3. longknife

longknife New Member

Thanks. Fingers don't always work right. :hmm:

4. smevins

smevins New Member

I imagine it is true, but I also imagine it is true in a lot of places not connected to Native americans. Where my mom grew up it was quite the hike to the grocery. They only went about once a month and they got the bulk necessities.