Skin diseases

Discussion in 'Health Care' started by waltky, May 7, 2014.

1. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Disease causes skin to melt away...
    :omg:
    Brazilians suffer skin-melt disease
    Wed, May 07, 2014 - CURSE: In a Brazilian village founded by a few families, 20 of 800 residents have a disease which has been passed down the generations through intermarriage

2. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Lab-grown skin sprouts hair and glands...
    :cool:
    Promising lab-grown skin sprouts hair and grows glands
    Fri, 01 Apr 2016 - Scientists create artificial skin, made from mouse stem cells, that integrates successfully and even sprouts hairs when transplanted into another mouse.

3. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Skin care advice for parents of children with eczema...
    :cool:
    'Bath daily' advice for eczema children
    Wed, 29 Jun 2016 - If your child has eczema it is fine to give them a dunk in the bath every day, as long as you apply lots of moisturiser to their skin afterwards, US experts say.

4. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

Good advice for adults as well. That cheapy stuff Queen Helene Cocoa Butter body creme does great on my skin. I have tiny patches here and there on my arms. Look like freckles but really dry patches if one looks real close. The Cocoa butter does wonders. I also have dryness behind my ears, but the cocoa works there, too. No need for perscribed medicines when that works. For those with more extreme psoriasis or eczema will need the cortisone or steriod creams I guess.

5. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Arkie wrote: That cheapy stuff Queen Helene Cocoa Butter body creme does great on my skin. I have tiny patches here and there on my arms. Look like freckles but really dry patches if one looks real close. The Cocoa butter does wonders. I also have dryness behind my ears, but the cocoa works there, too. No need for perscribed medicines when that works. For those with more extreme psoriasis or eczema will need the cortisone or steriod creams I guess.

What's a good hair shampoo for eczema and/or psoriasis?
    :confusion:

6. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

My dermatologist gave me a perscription for Ketoconazole Shampoo. It's very thick but lathers pretty good. And it worked. After a few months of using it and it was under control, I switched to Nutragena T-Gel shampoo (no rx needed). Then after that, I switched to Selsun Blue. Now I flip flop between all three of them. One day, the T-Gel, next shampoo will be the Ketoconazole, one after that the selsun blue...then back to the Tgel again. And for conditioner, I use the el cheapo stuff that is on sale. I have no more psoriasis or eczema on my scalp. I have a bit behind my ears, but none in my hair. It's been clear for almost a year now, doing the swapperoos, lol.

7. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

New psoriasis drug almost on the market...
    :fingerscrossed:
    Morphosys moves closer to getting first antibody drug on market
    October 1, 2016 - German biotech Morphosys moved a step closer to getting its first antibody drug onto the market as its licensee, Johnson & Johnson unit Jenssen, reported positive results from a phase 3 study of psoriasis drug guselkumab.