I was just kicked off another political forum...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by EricGuitarMan, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricGuitarMan

EricGuitarMan Banned

I had the nerve to suggest that certain elements on the right might be racist. So I'm gone from there. :frown:

2. JohnnyMo

JohnnyMo Moderator Staff Member Donor

Hello and welcome to the PF. Please take a few minutes to review the rules regarding what is and what is not acceptable. A link to the rules is below

Enjoy

3. Cubed

Cubed Well-Known Member Past Donor

Welcome to the Board.

4. EricGuitarMan

EricGuitarMan Banned

Thank you.

5. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

It's an old song and dance here.

Personally, I think the Left are far more racist. Clue #1: they obsess over race and are hypersensitive about what others might be perceived as saying about it.

Oh, and welcome.

6. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

Youll find plenty of like minds here. Welcome. ;)

7. EricGuitarMan

EricGuitarMan Banned

You're right. Is is the same old song and dance. But not what you think. Let's take a recent event and put it in perspective. Donald Sterling - remember him? When the story broke, all the right-wing news sources were all over themselves labeling him a Democrat. In their haste to call Democrats racists, they didn't even bother to check their facts. Source:

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-no-donald-sterling-20140428-column.html

It's been a tactic of the right that when a left-leaning person, progressive, Democrat, what have you, discusses race, he or she is immediately set upon and called racist by the right. Then comes the faux outrage about Al Sharpton, Affirmative action, ETC. It's simply a diversionary tactic, because the right can't see, or won't admit that there are racists within their own ranks.

No amount of calling leftists racists is going to change the facts. The right/republicans need to acknowledge the problem and clean up their act. If and when they do, I could actually see myself voting for a common sense, moderate Republican candidate. But not until then.

And thank you, it's nice to be here. :)

8. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

Actually there is no faux outrage about Al Sharpton. He really is a piece of scum and was a big time drug dealer before the FBI offered him a deal that he could not refuse. He habitually race-agitates in order to keep himself rolling in money. Altogether he's stink on a stick. So there's nothing faux about the outrage people feel when discussing Al Sharpton.

Oh . . . and -- er -- welcome to PF. Seriously though there's no problem with intimating that rightwingers as a group are racists, but just don't do that with individual posters. If you follow the posting rules you should have no problems. Race and racism and race baiting and Race Card play are often topics of discussion here. Nobody ever manages to change any minds, but sometimes the efforts can be fairly entertaining in nature.

9. savage-republican

savage-republican Well-Known Member

Awesome, another poster for political forum who is here to throw the racist bomb around. Welcome, you will find many like minded individuals as yourself who want nothing more than the republicans to admit they are racist and if they did you would vote for them.

I guess I would like to know what about the Republican party platform you like and would vote for? I suspect with the common sense descriptor thrown out there you really would never vote for a republican its just a ploy.

10. EricGuitarMan

EricGuitarMan Banned

Actually, I often agree with moderate republicans in the areas of finance and budget. I especially think that corporate tax laws need a major overhaul. I feel that both the left and the right need to quit their petty squabbling and get busy on the people's work. There are many good ideas on both sides, they need to get it done.

Leave the squabbling to us.

11. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Are you as prepared to call out those in the black, Hispanic, and Asian communities on their racist beliefs as you are with white Republicans/conservatives? Most on the left don't because minority racism actually helps advance left-wing political goals.

Welcome!

12. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

Yeah, it happens every day on forums everywhere. Tell the truth and look where it gets ya. And you even hedged your statement by saying 'might'.

13. Casper

Casper Banned at Members Request Past Donor

Some are, as are some on the left. Jeeez, no one has a monopoly on stupid. You will not be banned here unless you cannot keep the personal attacks non-personal, otherwise one takes their chances. Have Fun.

14. Durandal

I've never seen someone in the right camp deny that there are or may be racists among them. I think that's kind of a strawman argument.

Meanwhile, the left seems downright obsessed with racism, and specifically with using it to try and avoid debating topics they don't want to debate (like when 0bama and his administration are criticised) or to steer the public into thinking and acting in certain ways. Look at what a mountain certain people made of that unfortunate incident with Trayvon Martin. Look at how "white" George Zimmerman became (as opposed to being Latino, which he surely would have been to them had he been at the other end of the barrel) and how innocent and wrongly accosted that thug Martin became. Racists tried to make it an issue of racism, and those racists were firmly in the left camp, not the right.

Of course, in the end I would rather not have these thoroughly immature and ridiculous political camps with stupid accusations of racism and whatnot being flung back and forth, as the whole thing is entirely non-constructive politically or economically in a nation that is supposed to be governed by the people. What a risible concept that is in a society such as ours! Most people aren't fit to manage a lemonade stand, let alone the United States. The maturity and the education are simply far too sorely lacking, and this nonsense about racism waaah!! is only a dynamic problem that both feeds into and emanates from the poor state of the general public. I see this all as something of a circus, managed in large part by the media, in order to keep the stupid proles of America distracted and squabbling over non-issues in a way that keeps them away from the government and its (and their) masters in the business and financial sectors...

15. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

fact is,
    we have a black President that is a Democrat, so racist will be against him
    if later
    we have a black President that is a Republican, the racists will also be against him\her

they really do not care about the party of the President, only that he is black

16. flounder

flounder In Memoriam Past Donor

I believe what you will find here is,,,,,, it is not what you say, but how you say it...Read the rules like johnnym suggested and you will be fine.

Oh,,and have a good time saying it,,,welcome...

17. Casper

Well well, we agree.

18. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

It was bound to happen sooner or later . . . :thumbsup: . . . :cool:

19. TRFjr

TRFjr Well-Known Member Past Donor

would like to see your post that caused the ban
    I was baned from a site by posting this

here is the reason given for the ban

20. Casper

I do not argue with the truth, there is no point, and why would one even try, as the say goes; The truth will set you free.

21. Durandal

I suppose. But then, who cares? Racists are not the most serious issue to me, and I'm tired of racism being brought up every time a debate gets started. It's almost as bad as when someone brings up Hitler. The effect is the same - nothing much intelligent or useful gets discussed after that.

Again, I blame the poor state of education in this country. Cramming young people's heads full of narratives and facts doesn't help anybody. We need skepticism and critical thinking, the sort of thing that seems to be increasingly relegated to the sciences now.

22. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Explain why Herman Cain was leading his white competitors during the Republican primaries up until his sex scandals came to light.

Oh, and you said "racists" would oppose blacks. What about black racists? Or do they not exist in your left-wing world?

23. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

Remember folks, this is a member intro forum.
    If you wish to discuss anything else, feel free to start a thread in the appropriate forum.

So with that, enjoy the discussions EricGuitarMan, and welcome to PF

Shangrila
    PF Moderator

24. smevins

smevins New Member

welcome....as long you are a far left-winger you should be safe here......there is cake in the snack room but you better hurry.

25. TBryant

TBryant Well-Known Member Past Donor

Welcome to PF!

It is strange how far righties get treated like fragile dolls on some forums. Everyone bangs on everyone else's affiliations around here, just don't get personal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.