what future expects Russia after violation of the Ukrainian Constitution?

Discussion in 'Russia & Eastern Europe' started by Bigconscious, May 15, 2014.

1. Bigconscious

Bigconscious New Member

Ukrainian Constitution doesn't allow violating its territorial integrity. And the same Russian Constitution does for its territorial integrity. Thus Putin damned not only Ukranian, but Russian Constitution and territorial integrity too. And I saw that Ramzan Kadyrov and Rustam Minnikhanov (the presidents of Chechnya and Tatarstan) supported the annexation of the Crimea with great pleasure. Is not it a bit risky for Russia? What would happen when Putin retires and Kadyrov dislikes the new president?

2. KGB agent

KGB agent Well-Known Member

Ukranian constitution also prohibs using army inside of a country, unless the martial law was implied. It wasn't implied, yet Kievan Junta uses armed forces in attempts to smash the rebbelion. Nobody cares. Ukraine is a failed state.

Oh, then I guess Kadyrov will become Mr.Nobody, or, maybe, Mr.Dead. He is a tool, not a worthy political figure.

3. Bigconscious

Bigconscious New Member

So what if the chechens, tatars or any republic in Russia want to hold a referendum for independence? Will it recognised in Moscow like the referendum in Crimea?

4. KGB agent

Yep. They have a right to do so. But they won't.

5. Bigconscious

Bigconscious New Member

oh, don't talk for others. I guess it is only a matter of time and amount of financial injections to the republics.

6. KGB agent

Don't make wild guesses on the situations you have no clue about, then.

7. olegp

olegp Member

Ukrainian Constitution allows violating its territorial integrity- s.73 of Ukrainian Constitution

8. Germania

Germania Member

Russia will be more isolated with the EU and US, and like what is already happening, they supplement this with increased ties with Asia. Look at the 400 billion dollar gas deal with China. Also Central Asian members of Eurasian Union, such as Kazashstan and others. It will feel a rivilary with the US, and try and build up an anti-US block with the Euras-Union. This may extend into China, as China rises and like is already happening they become more dominat with Asia and confrational with the US especially they owe so much debt. So the Eurasian Union, leaded by Russia, may become a big ally against the US with China. The pentegon is already expecting aggressive behavior with China.

Some say Russia will decline or fragment due to anti-US behavior. Unlikely with the Eurasian Union, and also the deal with China and the cooperation with what, by 2020, will be the largest economy, past the US. Russia's population is increasing for the first time since over a decade. Russia will ally with China, and create discord, arming anti-US states more and more, like Iran, Syria, Belarus, maybe North Korea, Venes you know what. Military coperation, already high with China, will increase. Russia already sold their most advanced air-defence system, the S-400, to China

9. AlpinLuke

AlpinLuke Well-Known Member

The relations with EU and West in general can also become worse that now. Anyway I would underline that just last agreements about supplies of natural resources from Russia to China suggest that Moscow is considering, as a pragmatic alternative to the Western connection, a more strict relation with Beijing.

So, I don't see the Ukrainian crisis as a pivotal process which will affect the internal affairs of Russia.

And at the end, a part a decade of good business, Russians are not that used to have great relations with Americans and Western Europeans.

Add that EU will do a very little to face Russian influence in Ukraine [there is always the notorious question: "are we ready to die for Kiev?" you can imagine the answer of the common Western European citizen!].

A part all this, I'm noting that Russia is respecting the elections for the EU parliament. This tells me that [this was my guess from the beginning of the crisis] Moscow wants a united Ukraine in EU, with a clear Russian geopolitical orientation, to use it in the Union, to orientate the continental policies, exactly like US use UK to orientate in a difference sense the continent.

Will Russian Ukraine be the UK of Moscow?

10. olegp

olegp Member

it's not good way for people as soon the ukr problems are internal ukr problems- corruption and unitarity