What's so wrong with racism anyway?

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by munter, May 17, 2014.

1. munter

munter New Member

who cares about racist or not racist - go live in a poor developing country, as a white person, then you'll see!

It's a one way street with these lib PC idealists - see how long you last in the slums.

Racism/Xenophobia etc.. it just survival instinct, right?

2. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Racism is abhorrent to me to the degree that it's coercive. No more, no less.

You can yell racial slurs at people all you like - but the second you lay a finger on them, for racist reasons or otherwise, I'm cool with placing your head on a pike :p

3. munter

munter New Member

Except racial slurs are banned, unless of course it's to a white person.

4. Virgil Jones

Virgil Jones Member Past Donor

I will start being concerned about racism when the term is not only used against whites. It is common knowledge in the US that the black community is the most racist community. Look at polling data, even black people agree that they are the most racist group.

Art_Allm and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Alwayssa

Alwayssa Well-Known Member

Being xenophobic is being ignorant about people you don't know anything about and being racist is not respecting yourself while projecting that lack of respect onto others.

6. Alwayssa

The "poor white me" excuse. RLMAO.

7. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

Because it is analogous to playing politics, simply for the sake of politics even at the sacrifice of any solutions.

8. Virgil Jones

Racial politics have nothing to do with racism. It is truly a scam in every way. Whites are targeted by racial politics only for the purpose of shutting off debate. The liberals cannot stand a debate, because they are so wrong on the issues.

9. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Since when did skin color have to deal with poverty?

10. Alwayssa

Racial politics have a lot of support from racists. It is the only way racists can codify their beliefs into law. That is why there was apartheid, jim crow laws, and so forth.

11. wyly

wyly Well-Known Member

not surprisingly look who taught them?...they have just cause to dislike their former racist oppressors...what's really surprising is their not even more resentful than they are...

12. Virgil Jones

Yes we taught them to be racist, then we taught ourselves to be not racist. What is left is a bunch of black racists who will never let the history of centuries ago fade away. Instead the political left in America stirs them up, always targeting the evil white conservative.

Funny thing is that the democrats were the ones that committed the crimes of slavery, Jim Crowe, the KKK, etc.

13. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I don't think I ever mentioned this before and our family never talks about it other than between ourselves. My Mother was one of the sweetest women you'd ever want to meet. Even our ex spouses would come over to her house and talk with her. She had the biggest funeral our city has ever seen, even though the last 10 years of her life she lived in another state. But she was a racist. She didn't like Blacks. She always felt they were given favoritism over whites. But she never let her feeling go beyond the family. I'll love her to the day I die. .

14. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

Can you post the polling data for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep and in today's society those democrats would be considered as conservatives.

15. Virgil Jones

16. Virgil Jones

17. Virgil Jones

18. Marine1

I would like to think that children learn something from their parents and not just blindly follow suit. I love my parents a lot and I took all the good things from them and tried to be the exact opposite in the things I didn't agree with them with. Much like my Father, who said just what he felt, not worrying how it effected others. Mother was not that way. Much like with her racism. Even though she didn't like Blacks, she would never let that show. Never be disrespectful around them, or talk against them to others.Dad wasn't a racist against Blacks, but he didn't like Jews. He let it be known except around my Jewish girlfriend and later, my Jewish wife.(Not the same girl). When given a gift he didn't like, he let you know he didn't like or want it. I would never do that to one of my kids, even though they got me some pretty bad gifts.I think we should be smart enough to know right from wrong and only take the good stuff we learn from our parents and throw away the bad, instead of following suit and doing what we know is wrong. Much like beating your wife, because your dad beat your mom. Or become a drunk because your dad was. We shouldn't let their bad actions be an excuse for our bad actions. We have a mind, we should be able to use it and tell right from wrong.

19. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

So I guess that means conservatives have always been on the wrong side of the issues.

20. Virgil Jones

Quite the contrary, conservatives have always believed in what is right. The leftists of society, whether they be slavers, nazis, communists, they were never right.

You confuse conservatism with racism, that is a fallacy, racism mostly exists on the left, throughout history.

21. Marine1

I have applied that same thinking to my political beliefs. Everyone who has read enough of my posts knows I'm a Republican. But I could never be considered a hard core Conservative, as I have several disagreements with my Party and there are some things I agree with, with the Democrats. I try and take the good from what I see in each party and throw away what I don't agree with. I will never follow suit just because of Party affiliation.

22. Marine1

Well if racist could be more like my Mother was, it would be a much better world. You don't have to like someone to be respectful to them, or not treat them differently.

23. Virgil Jones

I commend you for that sentiment, party lines are quite retarded in some ways. It is much better to be a free thinker

24. Virgil Jones

There was nothing wrong with your mother. Blacks have the same ideas today that you mother had in that blacks stick up for themselves. Your mother stuck up for whites, that was noble on her part, how she was raised, what she experienced in life. Anyone who would criticize her is a racist, for believing what she did.

25. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

So hating someone because of the color of the skin or the shape of the mouth or the form of the nose is noble.