How to Easily Debunk the “White Privilege” Slander

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Empress, May 27, 2014.

1. Empress

Empress Well-Known Member

http://www.the-spearhead.com/2013/09/16/how-to-easily-debunk-the-white-privilege-slander

by W.F. Price on September 16, 2013

The idea that white people have unearned racial privilege is an insidious lie that justifies everything from discrimination against white children to reflexively blaming disadvantaged and poor whites for their misfortune. It’s a slander that serves the elite while slapping the common people across the face.

Fortunately, it’s very easy to debunk because of the nature of privilege.

Privileges, whether earned or not, give one an advantage over others who do not share them. However, the advantage is relative; it does not exist when the unprivileged are absent.

Therefore, one would expect that if white privilege were real, in order to capitalize on it white people would be rushing to surround themselves with nonwhites, avoiding white neighborhoods, going to majority nonwhite schools, doing business mainly with nonwhites and working with nonwhites.

In the meanwhile, nonwhites would avoid majority white neighborhoods, institutions, schools and workplaces, because they would be at a disadvantage in these places.

Do we see this happening?

Nope.

The concept of male privilege can be debunked in the same manner. If men really were privileged, why would women push so hard to gain entrance into male institutions, and men have so little interest in female ones? The implication here is not that men have privilege, but rather that women do.

So next time someone blathers on about “white male privilege,” simply ask: if it really exists, why is it that so few people take advantage of it?

2. TexMexChef

TexMexChef Well-Known Member

Surely Mr. Price is not suggesting that within the members of a same like group, "privilege" does not exist...

Since we have established that privilege within the same like group exists...there would be no need to find a dissimilar group to exort privilege...Sorry Mr. Price.

Since dissimilar groups have existed in limited privilege, any opportunity to more forward is not effected by one groups privilege or not.

Just because Price's contentions are not happening is in no way a correct indication privilege does not exist.

3. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

I think it really exists. I've experienced a lot of bigotry from white people, and many won't hire me because I'm a Cherokee Indian.

4. wyly

wyly Well-Known Member

of coarse it exists I've witnessed it personally many times....open discussions on not hiring, native americans, blacks, women or some particular ethnicity...it's an blatent lie to say it doesn't happen...

5. Rotagilla

Rotagilla Banned

"White privilege" = minority excuse for failure.

6. Sanskrit

Sanskrit Well-Known Member

Let's make it real crystal clarity simple for you then. "Bananas are yellow, my house is yellow, my house is a banana; Elites are white, Fred is white, Fred is elite."

So I ask you plainly, do you support an argument that comports with the most sophomoric logical fallacy imaginable and brands its adherents as unreasoned bigots? or do you deride the term "white privilege?" It's really that simple.

Privileges exist. That they are attached to skin color, other than specifically codified and established affirmative action programs benefitting people with black and brown skin, is absurd. "White privilege" is really just a backwards rationalization of an ever-failing affirmative action regime that loses traction with the public every day, isn't it? "White privilege" is simply the latest "dumb-slimy" agitprop of the left trying to patch gigantic holes in their failing AA ship.

7. Unifier

Unifier New Member

This reminds me of the equally nonsensical meme that women supposedly get paid 75 cents for every dollar that a man gets paid. If that were true, then every company in existence could boost their profits by 25% by hiring women exclusively. And if corporations really are as "greedy" as these people tell us they are, then they would all be doing this and there wouldn't be a single man working for any of them. And yet this isn't the case. So at least one of these things cannot be true.

Empress and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Empress

Price has defined what should be happening were these racial and gender groups actually enjoying privilege and setting up a system that gives them the windfall of privilege. How can white privilege exist if whites are not seeking to live around non-whites? Isn't the idea that white privilege exists rest on unequal relations with non-white groups in subjugation? If they aren't there and whites are not seeking to have large numbers of them in their communities to subjugate, then where is the privilege?

Why are whites not going out of their way to live in non-white communities since this is by definition required to maintain a group privilege? There is, after all, no white privilege in a suburb packed with whites since there no out-groups to extract such windfall from.

Also, for those who believe in the concepts of privilege, how can such a thing be reasoned without looking at all possible causes of what is being defined and interpreted as privilege, which is the lack of general material goods in possession by different groups of people?

9. Empress

Yes, but rational thinking is not a strong suit of the people that buy into this rhetoric. Once I realized this, my disillusionment with the political Left began and I eventually quit it altogether.

In this video, Phd economist Thomas Sowell puts a feminist who was trying to pull this "wage gap" claptrap into her place very quickly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_sGn6PdmIo

Unifier and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Empress

What is rather odd is that these same people who so simplistically and quickly ascribe generalized differences in the socioeconomic possessions of different population groups are unable to answer why these same groups who don't have as much stuff now while living around whites, never had much stuff BEFORE they encountered whites.

Is that white privilege, too?

:eyepopping:

11. Unifier

Unifier New Member

Did they tell you they specifically weren't hiring you because you were Cherokee Indian, or are you just presuming to know what they were thinking?

Then maybe Canada is a very racist place. I don't know. I've never been there. But I've lived in Texas for three and a half decades and have never witnessed what you're talking about. Do you think the stereotypes could be backwards? I suppose it might make sense being that Canada is such an overwhelmingly white place (no pun intended) whereas Texas has very large latino and black populations.

12. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

You know by law they can not tell you that directly. And a lot of times bosses will lie on the form of why they fired you. For example, I was once fired for a personality conflict. Instead they put down hygene which was a lie because I took three showers a day, used deodorant, brushed my teeth three times a day, washed my clothes once a day.

But yes, sometimes it is not bigotry against my ethnicity that bothers them. I have a bizarre personality, and I'm not physically attractive, and I wear glasses, and I look like I am a, for lack of a better word, retard. So I put people off even without opening my mouth and making an unusual joke or statement, or just a statement of any sort.

But you see, that is also a form of bigotry in an of itself. The is the expectation of we all have to be the same, dress up nicely and be eloquent and thoughtful in all things.

13. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

"White privilege" is a line trotted out mainly by middle-to-upper class whites and Jews who want to make excuses for why certain minority Democrat voting blocs are not advancing as well in society. If a white person is poor, it's their fault for not taking advantage of their "privilege". If a black or Hispanic is poor, it's because of the racist system keeping them down.

14. wyly

wyly Well-Known Member

it's never discussed openly hearing the discussions requires being included in the inner circle...canada had no whitness edge on the USA,immigrants make up a bigger percentage of our population than the USA...

15. Sanskrit

Well that's what shills like Jared Diamond and his absurd works are for, oh and just scream "colonialism" and "imperialism" over and over again as if that means anything.

16. Unifier

Unifier New Member

Okay then! By your own admission, it is you that is turning these people off. And that last line is just you trying to rationalize why the world must change so that you don't have to improve yourself. People who walk through life with this "wag the dog" mentality spend years unnecessarily miserable because they are too proud to make an honest effort to change their flaws and become better people overall.

"When you think everything is someone else's fault, you will suffer a lot." - the Dalai Lama

17. Sanskrit

Another consequence of constant wolf-crying in the "white privilege" vein is that real experiences of discrimination such as the above are marginalized and trivialized as a result among all the blatant agitprop. Weasel terms like "white privilege" devalue the experience of actual victims. Many leftist themes have this consequence.

18. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

If I have to change for the world why can't the world change for me?

Why do we absolutely have to be a "better" person?

And also, I find this kind of thing a completely one way relationship, and I simply will not do a one way relationship. All of my life people have always said I was stupid and selfish and need to change for the better, and they always insulted and berated me for being different than them. And every time I did attempt to change it was never good enough for people and they never gave me anything in return.

So, again, I repeat the same two questions I asked before.

Why should I have absolutely have to be a "better" person?

And if I have to change for the world why can't the world change, if even just a little bit, and give something back to me?

19. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

I do what I can to never cry wolf. I do not use the term lightly as liberals do.

Liberals really overuse that term for just about anything that does not share their opinion.

20. Unifier

Unifier New Member

Lol! Listen to the rationalizations you're using here. You're so convinced that it's such a big and rampant problem but apparently you have to be part of some tiny little super elite club to even know about it.

I call bull(*)(*)(*)(*), wyly. I think you've been steeped in liberal politics for too long and you no longer even know what direction is up. You're so brainwashed by political correctness that you're on a witch hunt for things that are not there.

21. Unifier

Unifier New Member

You've got more problems than I can help you solve here. I would suggest talking to a therapist. They're going to be much more help than I will. And I don't mean that in a condescending way either. I'm being sincere. I would advise talking to somebody about this. They might be able to help you sort through some of these things and help you put together a plan to improve your future. Best of luck, man. I hope you'll consider it.

22. Empress

There's another word for that type of ideological approach. It's called MARXISM.

23. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

i've never had anything good come from a counselor, but thanks for the suggestion.

24. Empress

There can be no question is an excuse, and what's worse is, they don't even hide the fact that they are intentionally limiting the type of explanations for these differences, based on their own ideologies and personal taboos.

All in all, it's a Marxist class analysis applied to race relations, which is why there is such a mindless false dichotomy of oppressor/oppressed in play.

They are taking general differences in the accumulation of worldly goods between groups and assigning blame without cause. First of all, what if different nations and cultures simply didn't have the same interest in accumulating objects as others do? I don't see anyone even addressing such basic questions. Not all cultures give a damn about 'stuff.'

25. wyly

wyly Well-Known Member

lol I call bull**** unifer youve been steeped in delusionary rightwing politics so long you live in a sheltered fantasy world...tell me unifer, what shade of pink is the sky in your fantasy world?

Here I am the brainwashed liberal who has personally witnessed blatent discrimination but apparently worldly rightie unifer claims discrimination doesnt exist :roflol: oh yeah! someone here lives in fantasy lala land but it ain't me....