Police: Suspect arrested for sex offenses against boys at YMCA

Discussion in 'Law & Justice' started by JavisBeason, May 29, 2014.

1. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...-offenses-against-boys-at-YMCA-260672111.html

so when .gov studies suggest....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1556756

why aren't we allowed to be upset when homosexuals want to get involved in groups like BSA

2. sec

sec Well-Known Member

I don't mean to be crude but if we set the buffet table, some people are going to eat. Perhaps in places like the YMCA, the Boy Scouts, girl scouts etc that maybe all adults should have a kidsafe check performed.

If you want to avail yourself of the low cost of the YMCA which has children around, then a fee should be charged to make sure that you aren't stalking little kids

3. texmaster

texmaster Banned

Love the idea of a kidsafe check. We do a background check for guns so why not protect children from predators as well?

4. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

because gays can't have as easy of access to kids to promote their lifestyle if you start background checking them. Who else will take them to gay pride parades to expose todays youth to simulated sex and male nudity?

It's like ID's to vote are supposedly discriminatory.... background checks for people discriminate against gays having unsupervised positions of authority over young boys.

5. sec

sec Well-Known Member

It might come as a surprise but IMO, nobody should have to disclose how they have sex. How can you prove if one is being truthful given that there is no way, other than to watch them in bed, to be certain how one engages in sex? Simply perform a background check to see if any red flags arise.

That might be enough deterrent for predators to walk away.

6. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Homosexuals want to get involved in groups like the BSA? I am not sure that is an actual thing. Are you referring to the BSA adopting a non discriminatory policy in regards to it's members?

7. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

How cute- the other thread got closed down because of flaming and you opened up another anti-gay thread on the same subject?

Yet you were totally absent from the two threads about girls being molested. Unless homosexual is in the pedophile thread you don't seem to have any interest in it.

You are allowed to get upset about whatever floats your boat- you can get upset about blacks, women, jews, homosexuals- no one is saying you can't get upset.

But don't expect others not to criticize you.

For example your citation above- you left out the next line- clearly because it refutes your own post

Using phallometric test sensitivities to calculate the proportion of true pedophiles among various groups of sex offenders against children, and taking into consideration previously reported mean numbers of victims per offender group, the ratio of heterosexual to homosexual pedophiles was calculated to be approximately 11:1. This suggests that the resulting proportion of true pedophiles among persons with a homosexual erotic development is greater than that in persons who develop heterosexually. This, of course, would not indicate that androphilic[Gay] males have a greater propensity to offend against children.

Yes your very own citation says that this study does not indicate that gay males have a greater likelihood to offend against children.

But you didn't want people to see that line.

8. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

Background checks are done for YMCA employees that work with children.

9. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

I am not completely against the idea- unfortunately it would probably make the YMCA into the YWCA.

Another alternative would be to exclude adult men from the locker rooms that have minors in them.

Preventing contact between adult men and minors would eliminate approximately 95% of all child sex abuse.

10. texmaster

texmaster Banned

Not sure about your statistic but it would be far easier to exclude all adults from children's locker rooms and settle for 100% of all pedophiles both heterosexual and homosexual being at least screened.

The problem with that is a complete restructuring of all YMCAs. A kidsafe check on all adults would be far more economical.

11. Piscivorous

Piscivorous New Member

My YMCA had four locker rooms. One for each of adult and children of each sex. Considering the lack of contact, how would an adult know that man that was entering the boy's or girl's locker room weren't a parent?

I'd sure hate to turn our gyms and YMCA's into police states in over-reaction.

12. Piscivorous

Piscivorous New Member

Hell, they could do it through Lifelock. My wife and I signed up a few months ago [she's been targeted three times over the past year for debit card fraud - beautiful that we can't trust waitresses anymore, isn't it?]. The first email I received after the obligatory welcome package was a report of all the people within a 5 mile radius of my house that were in any sex offender database.

13. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

That is all well and good, but what about folks who have no criminal record?

Googling the following terms "ymca criminal background check" it appears that the YMCA does criminal background checks on it's employees. It woudl seem silly to expect it to be done on every member or every person coming through their doors.

Googling the following term "ymca day pass" it appears that just about anyone can get into the Y for at least a day at no charge. I think it more than a bit unreasonable and silly that every business or charity does a background check on every person that would walk through their doors.

14. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

A background check would only reveal those who have committed previous sex crimes.

Screening out all men would be far more effective at protecting our children from predators.

15. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

Well I agree.

But if the goal was to protect our children, this would be far more effective than merely slapping a bandaid on the issue by pretending banning openly gay men was protecting our children from predators.

These kids knew to report this guy- the more kids are empowered to report adults who mess with them the more kids will be protected.

16. cd8ed

cd8ed Well-Known Member Past Donor

Ideas like this are absolutely disgusting. Find one gay person on this forum that would be against protecting children from predators. The fact that you can turn the vile actions of one individual and apply it to all gay people insults your intelligence.

The only people that would be against checks are phedophiles.

Disgusting

17. Piscivorous

Piscivorous New Member

I agree that we need to educate the kids. We also need to educate places like the YMCA on their responsibilities.

I just don't want to give up more of our civil liberties for perceived safety. No system will be 100% foolproof. I wouldn't however, be opposed to having tightly screened volunteers in position to monitor the YMCA facility to cover the staff. Some of these YMCAs, especially here in the Bay Area are quite large.

18. sec

sec Well-Known Member

in FL as well. Predators know that there are lots of programs for little kids at the YMCA and it's like a buffet table being set for them. I was at one "Y" where the kids swing sets/playground were in the back, through a narrow path and no windows aimed in that direction. Talk about a terrible placement of the playground. And it abutted a busy street with only a split rail fence, not even chain link. It was like a frikkin drive up window for pedophiles.

19. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

That sounds like a terrible placement- did they even have camera's on the playground?

The YMCA's I am familiar with are all very secure- perhaps it is the big city thing- and they do background checks on all of their employees.

20. sec

sec Well-Known Member

that's a good question about the cameras. I'll be going to a basketball game there this weekend and will take a look. Try and make it a point to look around when you see playgrounds and school playgrounds. I bet you'll be shocked when you see how many of them have play areas out of sight from the seating areas and probably several escape routes.

21. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

If you haven't before, you should mention it to the Y's manager or site committee.

22. AKR

AKR New Member

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/uploads/attachments/Anti-gayActivismandtheMisuseofScience_1.pdf

23. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

24. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

it's probably just a design issue or as a result of the Y taking over a pre-existing structure, and retro fitted into the youth center.

I'm willing to bet its a site for site issue.

as I have worked and been to many school campuses throughout my state, I notice tehre are always 'blind-spots' that, ironically, the kids always seem to find and exploit. When there is motivation, weaknesses will be found. And for a gay pedo like in this story.... he had motivation and knew what to do to exploit the system in place. And given the opportunity, he could have in all the other campuses too.

25. AKR

AKR New Member

Shocking, someone with an agenda didn't even read the actual study and the part I posted from HIS RESEARCH PARTNER.

He actually did the research with Dr. Freund, and clarified what was already said in the study. Clearly, facts have nothing to do with your view.