Who do you consider white? Is white a valid race?

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Ovadia, May 29, 2014.

1. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

Is this man white for instance? What nationality do you think he is just by looking at him?

li.jpg

sus.jpg

2. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

And just for fun, which country do you think this man comes from? Is he white?

ma.jpg

3. Empress

Empress Well-Known Member

Why is it that every time traditional forms of identity are put under question it's about WHITE people?

4. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

Probably because 'white people' are the most ambiguous group. There are so many phenotypes and genotypes included. The same really can't be said of the racial terms like black people, native americans, asian people, etc. When people use these titles, there is a general concensus on who is being referred to, whether correctly or incorrectly. There is much more disagreement when 'whites' are mentioned.

For instance, 'white people' even just in northern europe alone, can have blond hair and blue eyes, or dark hair and brown eyes. East Asian people almost never have blond hair and blue eyes, but rather have distinct folds and dark eyes and jet black hair. Black people are known to almost everyone as sub saharan african people with their own distinct facial features and skin color which ranges from dark brown to even blueish black.

5. fifthofnovember

fifthofnovember Well-Known Member

They both look like Jews to me. Is that your question? Are Jews white?

6. Empress

I tend to think its politically-driven, not to say that it is in your case. In general I think that's very much the case.

American Indians have all kinds of different "rules" among themselves for what denotes a member of their tribe, and they vary from tribe to tribe.

Scroll down the pictures on this page: http://www.cherokee.org/

7. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

The first one is Jewish, do you know what country he is from? The second one is not jewish.

No, that wasn't really my question. It was more, what makes a person white?

8. fifthofnovember

fifthofnovember Well-Known Member

Nope.

That's surprising. He looks more Jewish than the first guy.

I guess it's people who don't fall under the other racial groups that you might mention (black people, native americans, asian people). Also, their skin is white.

9. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

Ok, the first guy is a Moroccan Jew, now living in Israel.

The second guy is a Shia Arab from Iraq.

So you agree there is a jewish look, meaning middle eastern? I think Jews definitely have their own look, and I'm not offended by that. My dad is an Israeli Jew with origins in Israel, Baghdad, and Kurdistan.

Here is another Moroccan-Israeli Jew. The older rabbi behind him is Iraqi Jewish like me.

di.jpg

I agree, he is white, just north african. I think he has a stereotypical common jewish look which is middle eastern. I don't think it matters where Jews come from, we all look a lot alike and share the same dna. Moroccan Jews and European Jews share the most similar dna, Iraqi Jews too, although we are also related to Iraqi Assyrians.

I just think its funny that most americans think all middle easterners are arabs, that all arabs are not white, or that jews become what ever nationality they live in, meaning they lose their looks and dna. I don't like the double standard either that arabs are viewed as not white, but jews are viewed as white. Don't get me wrong, we are white, but not european, that is the difference. There are european jews with brown skin.

10. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

obviously there is no such thing as a 'jewish' look. A chinaman, tibetan, irish, eskimo kazak can be jewish, therefore. Everybody on the planet CAN be jewish if they so wish. it takes about a month to become one (and a few thousand pounds)

11. Empress

People especially of ethnic Jewish background in Europe often have a distinct look, actually.

12. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

yes, anyone can convert and become a Jew.

as for "who is white?", I say it is based on European ancestry, light skin, and straight/wavy hair.

but yes, just as "black" is kinda vague, so is "white".

why? cause race, scientifically, is a total myth.

- - - Updated - - -

and many European Jews do not.

13. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

Because white people outnumber everybody else and while there has been conflict with ethnic minorities, it is primarily the white western culture that has done the most harm throughout history. Whites outnumber just about everybody, save the Chinese. The difference is the Chinese seem to be content to stay in their own country while whites feel they have to spread their culture and impose their beliefs upon the world through their imperialism, whether it be Russia or America.

14. Empress

We're about 8% of the global population.

Your post looks like 100% race hate. To say that whites have done the most harm throughout history is laughable. Muslims have spent 1400 years raping and invading their way from Morocco to Indonesia, taking captives and selling them as slaves along the way, and yes - forcing their religion and culture down everyone's throats which they're still trying to do.

Anyone that thinks whites have done the most harm has read too much Chomsky and too little world history.

You're indicting an entire race for what select governments you have mentioned have done which you're angry about. Yes, that's racist.

And your racist comments also do not explain why the identity of whites is singled out to be attacked.

I know why it is -- pure racial hatred. It's all the leftist political narrative, the "construction" of "white privilege" and other neo-Marxist hoax concepts.

The horrors of white colonialism -

[​IMG]

That you're trying to justify the selective attacking of white identity by means of a collective guilt laundry list is extremely racist behavior.

15. Glock

Glock Well-Known Member

It probably has more to do with "can I pass for white", that way when the white nationalists start talking about "white people rule, white culture rules, white people invent everything, etc." then they can join in on the celebration.

Some people strive to be accepted more than others.....

16. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

I already made a post explain ing why I am bigoted against whites and other people.

And you too are being very prejudiced. Your own post is basically an argument of it's okay for white people to be racist but nobody should be prejudiced against whites because whites are better people than anybody else routine that I've heard so many times over the years.

In short you're just being argumentative.

You're ignoring that whites have done a lot of harm in the world and throughout history.

17. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

oh, actually now

haha

actually that gets a big fat NOT from an intelligent post, of course but go ahead, spit your deception.

18. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

The Ashkenazi mtDNA pool is mostly made up with West Eurasian haplogroups commonly found in Europe (81%), showing that Jewish communities in Europe have been racially assimilated with the indigenous European populations in the past 2,000 years through intermarriages. It's no wonder that the Jewish man in the OP looks mostly European and Ashkenazi women were historically converts who married to Jewish men. Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) is passed down solely from the mother and around 80% of Ashkenazi Jews' genetic ancestry can be traced back to European mothers.
    [​IMG]
    Estimated contributions of European mtDNA lineages to the Ashkenazi mtDNA pool shown by major haplogroup.

19. Empress

I don't know you from Adam and I've never read any of your previous posts that I know of.

But at least you admit you're racist attitude toward whites is your reason for selectively justifying your attacks on whites. That's a start.

You're reading into my post things I never said. I corrected your false claim that whites did the worst in history. That claim is utter laughable rubbish.

Not only are you reading into my post what which I didn't say, you're projecting hostility toward me based on what some other white people said.

If you have difficulty with whites, it's easy enough to not live around them.

And as far as white history goes, we've done more good than harm.

That's why you have electricity, schools, cars, buses, trains, airplanes, radios, etc.

20. Empress

I disagree, but whites have invented a disproportionate amount of things in use in the world, and that makes a lot of people uncomfortable.

I think the roots of questioning white identity comes from the political left, as we've seen. Some members of this forum do it as well, quite selectively, drawing the boundary of validating one's identity as invalid unless scientists agree, and this is ONLY done with white people.

I've yet to see these people jump on non-white groups with the "you don't exist as a people and a culture" story.

21. Empress

Instead of stating your case, your responses are typically insults, slurs, and giggles.

What's your problem?

22. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

colonialists and over inflated egos.

23. After Hours

After Hours Well-Known Member

Actually, what I think makes people uncomfortable is racists using the accomplishments of other white people as a specific attempt to put down other people who are not white. T

The "roots of questioning white identity" exists because racists can't seem to figure out who is "pure white" enough to be considered part of the "master race". We see it on this forum all the time.

The term racists like to use now is "non Hispanic white". As if Marco Rubio is any less white than Mitt Romney because he happens to speak spanish.

24. wyly

wyly Well-Known Member

And palestinians being essentially the same gentically as jews...

25. wyly

wyly Well-Known Member

I dont find myself agreeing with you often but there is a lot of truth in that...