USA to defend Europe!!!

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by Ronstar, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Ronstar

Ronstar Well-Known Member Past Donor

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/03/n...trict-attorney-inquiry.html?ref=nyregion&_r=0

Later he announced that he would ask Congress for $1 billion for a “European reassurance initiative” that would increase the American troop presence in Eastern Europe with additional exercises and training, and would send American Navy ships more often to the Baltic and Black seas. The plan would position more equipment in Europe for quicker military responses and dispatch American experts to augment the allies’ capabilities. It would also provide aid to Ukraine and two other former Soviet republics, Georgia and Moldova,.

Good to see Obama standing up to the threat that Russia poses to our NATO allies.

2. katzgar

katzgar Banned

I prefer a nice carpet bombing. less for the ruskies to covet.

3. Yazverg

Yazverg Well-Known Member

If you prefer it there is a good chance you would get it... I don't like 'carpet bombing' so I would gladly share with anyone who really asks for it. :)

4. katzgar

katzgar Banned

when you actually look at European history war is really what they do best, with a painting or a statue thrown in now and again.

5. rangecontraction

rangecontraction New Member

Agreed. The Ruskies are still an Evil Empire.

We need to supply the heroic Ukrainian government with the best possible weapons to wipe out the pro Russia Terror.

6. Ronstar

we should arm Ukraine.

no soldiers, but yes to tanks and modern aircraft.

they have the right to defend themselves against Russia and her agents.

7. Yazverg

Yazverg Well-Known Member

I look at european history. All the history it is a war between a given number of nations which failed to be united under one rule. Except for the roman empire of course. The territory comparable to China, US or even Russia was united by several war geniouses. Firstly Napoleon. He united almost all the Europe and failed just several times. In Northern Africa and Russia. Then Europe was united under the iron fascist rule and it looked really nice in a structure of lower nations with the superiors at the top. Unfortunately ugly soviet people didn't want to take their scientifically (european science of that time was fascist) proven bottom place of slaves...
    So if you think that Europe is the best warriors I would like to understand who is the victors of their best warriors... :)

Europeans are exceptionally good at trading and corruption that goes together with trade throughout history. That is why the period of european dominance is not the period of great annexations and empires of armies, but a period of colonialism, imperialism, capitalism and transnational corporative cultures. It is not necessarily worse or less powerful than the will for the victory or the ability to withstand the pain and sufferings in order to win the victory. It is just different of what you say.

8. Pronin24

Pronin24 New Member

Why carpet bombing? A couple of exchanges with nukes would be more effective.

9. alexa

alexa Well-Known Member Past Donor

Why are some of you so keen on nukes. Suicidal? No children or grandchildren/

10. Ronstar

that is a personal attack, and a violation of the forum rules.

u should avoid such statements.

11. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

I could swear I remember Michèle Alliot-Marie saying France could defend Europe. My vote? Let them.

12. katzgar

katzgar Banned

know how many French troops it takes to defend Paris? no one knows, its never been done.

13. Ronstar

the French killed tens of thousands of Germans when they invaded France.

14. Fabien

Fabien New Member

It is not the russians. I am clear: I am convinced it is the russian elite in power (the real russian elite is afraid to say something) and the uninformed, the stupit, the unintrested, the typical nationalists...

Putin and his gang...they are the once to destroy all trust and they are the once who are doing dangerous decissions.

But eaven if it is difficult guys and Girls inhere, we do own that to Fairness: not "the russians" please.

But I do agree: I support more support for the eastern countries for defense. I did hear just now in the News that Germany will send additional soldiers and army equippment to Poland next days.

I hope our goverment will awake. On friday Merkel talks with the russian Führer. She should make clear to him that if Putin is touching Poland, that means war. Merkel should here really behave like the iron Lady.

Putin is arrogant, dengerous and nobody to be underestimated. he understands only the language of harsh and iron resistance.

I am left wing here, but to me, Merkel is far no polite and nice to him.

BTW French bashing is the most stupit thing I can read inhere.

France is an extreme reliable allie to Germany and a very needed and wellcomed Partner in Europe. I cannot see any need that some americans do have a sort of pleasure to Insult our neighbors.

I do love the USA, but the USA should be more tactful with our neighbors here I think.

15. xAWACr

xAWACr Member

Isn't it about time Europe started defending itself?

16. bill hill

bill hill Member

UHHHHH, Obama removed the missile shield that was sitting in Poland.

17. bill hill

bill hill Member

Not so fast...Frenchy doesn't have such a good record during the 1900's..You do know why the french grow their trees so tall? i HEARD IT WAS SO THE GERMANS COULD MARCH N THE SHADE

18. Csareo

Csareo New Member

Forgive me, but did you just defend the third reich?

19. bill hill

bill hill Member

Why the USA? Why not have frenchy, or the germans or italians arm them and/or defend them? just saying

20. Csareo

Csareo New Member

I think he was using satire.

- - - Updated - - -

Did he imply they shouldn't? This article is about current events, and not his opinion.

21. Csareo

Csareo New Member

I am French blooded, and I openly admit were cowards :truce:

22. bill hill

bill hill Member

You say "tactful" about frenchy. However, frenchy is expensive to defend. Yes, they helped us against england back in the day, but they flew white flags for 2 world wars and got their tails trounced. lost a lot of lives defending them against the germans.

23. bill hill

bill hill Member

I read a question that implied asking the USA to arm the ukraine. I could have made a mistake. it's about time that europe defend themselves and ask them to help ukraine. We have enough crap to get out of.

24. Csareo

Csareo New Member

Your actually false here. The French did not surrender in WW1. They pushed the Germans all the way from the Rhine to the Belgian flats, which was a military disaster for Germany. There resources allowed them to stay entrenched, but they were on the defensive the whole war. As for WW2, they only surrendered to fight another day. Please, give me a realistic way France or Britian could of competeted with Germany at the time, economically and politically. No? That's because it was not possible in the slightest.

- - - Updated - - -

Were only sending military aid, and not a lot at that. Its understandable though, given our investments in the Middle East. Feel free GOP, throw that money down the drain.

25. bill hill

bill hill Member

Technically, you are correct about ww1. However, it took roughly a half a million American men along with the French and Brits to over come the stalemate. Only then was an armistice agreed upon with the treaty of versailles. As for ww2, it only took 6 weeks for frenchy to fold.

And we agree about throwing money down the drain, especially after doubling down on our debt!