Media Distortions On The Syrian Elections -- The Real Farce

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by rammstein, Jun 5, 2014.

1. rammstein

rammstein Member Past Donor

For those that want to hear "the rest of the story" --

http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/06/03/media-distortions-on-the-syrian-elections/

US Secretary of State Kerry has pronounced the Syrian election to be a “farce”. As if on cue, National Public Radio, Associated Press, ABC and other western media have presented stories which support that claim. A closer look reveals the media has been exaggerating, distorting and lying about the Syrian elections. Examples follow --

http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/06/03/media-distortions-on-the-syrian-elections/

2. Moi621

Moi621 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Thank you for sharing that find, and all the CNN references too, not RT :wink:

Currently, I get my news from NBC Nightly News, Yahoo News, Al Jazeera and RT too.
    Western Media, Inc. News Divisions have given the truth a back seat to anything else;
    sensationalism, pushing a party line and now mostly - pulling the Government line rather than functioning as a press should in relation to the government.

Remember: No Ukrainian citizens have been killed by cluster bombs or artillery into non combatant areas like homes, hospitals, or soldiers taking pot shots at persons by military of the government in Kiev, according to the American State department. Day after day.
    Who you gonna believe? Litwin :lol: Only the Western Media ? :lol:

Moi :oldman:

No :flagcanada:

3. Face. Your

Face. Your Banned

lol yes a voter turnout of nearly 75% with nearly 90% voting for Assad. I have a bridge in New York you may be interested in purchasing. :roll:

Tell us which independent and neutral observers were allowed into Syria to monitor the elections?

Tell us who determined who was allowed to run in these elections? Why that would be the Supreme Constitutional Court for the presidency of Syria, all of which were appointed by Assad himself. lmfao wow, the (*)(*)(*)(*) that some people will actually try to post on here really does boggle the mind.

4. MGB ROADSTER

MGB ROADSTER Banned

Media or without media..
    Arabs can't handle democracy !!

5. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

Nobody cares about Syria any more.

Not with Putin marching west.

6. Jeannette

Jeannette Well-Known Member Past Donor

The CIA report said over six months ago that if elections were held this year Assad would win. I came across something else even more recently that said Assad would win the Elections. I also know that the Sunnis who were the original protesters have all rejoined the Syrian army.

I believe it was Lavrov who was in a state of shock when Kerry called the Al Nusra/Al Queda jihadists in Syria moderates, in other words it matters not what is and what isn't, because the 'truth' is only relative to the situation. In other words, whatever is best for the our own geo political interests has to be best for the world since we are greatest and the smartest. Don't you love the arrogance?
    :oldman:

7. Pronin24

Pronin24 New Member

Our political leaders are remarkably ignorant and rush into action before they have a chance to learn about consequences. This happened in Afghanistan, then in Iraq, Syria and, finally, in Ukraine.