The Box?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Tram Law, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

There is a saying "think outside the box".

But you know what, I've been thinking about this the last couple of weeks, and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure that this is possible.

I've also been wondering about the possibility that there is no suxh thing as a perfect or imperfect circle. And perhaps circles don't exist at all.

You see, I've come to realize something about reality.

That is, when you break eveeything down, everything you see is made up of pixels, whether you're standing in the forest looking at a tree or animal, or looking at the print or a picture in a book, or looking at the picture of a good looking lady on the internet.

And the thing about pixels?

They are all boxes.

Even the dots that are in the ink of the print or the picture yous ee are still made up of pixels.

And, at least to the best of my knowledge, all pixels are boxes.

So when you see a circle, you are actually looking at boxes, however small.

So I'm not so sure about things.

However, I have not made up my mind on this matter, and I'll have to think on this some more.

2. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Things in the real world aren't made of pixels - that's an electronic display thing. Things are really made of atoms which are maybe kind of spherical.

The really weird thing is that the atoms in every object have vast amounts of empty (ish) space between them so everything you see, however solid looking is 99% empty.

3. cupid dave

cupid dave Well-Known Member

Yep,...

Of course man has Senses.
    he can use the senses to make ideas flow in his head as he checks them out and finds these boxes are coded.
    The codes tell us "stuff."

The "stuff" is Facts.
    We need Facts to make sense of the Reality.
    Reality is OUTSIDE and AWAY from us.

We can only connected our senses to these box things that come from Reality.
    By using the info we collect from these boxes, we develop a image in our head called Truth.

Truth becomes the mediator between our brain and the Reality which we can not directly know.
    But Truth describes reality as its image and we can know Reality by knowing Truth.

4. cupid dave

True as you say, but what we sense as boxes are caused by this Atomism.

Our brain works like a computer, and uses the pixel concept to make these atomic inputs sensible for us.

5. NightSwimmer

NightSwimmer New Member

We need to prioritize a paradigm shift away from lack of empowerment and proactively push the envelope for leveraging synergistic approaches. In order to accomplish this goal, we must keep our ears to the ground so as to be kept in the loop! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Heh!

I do so hate corporate-speak. ;)

6. Gelecski7238

Gelecski7238 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Losing sight of the circle among the pixels is like not seeing the forest for the trees. Stay grounded. We can't afford to dismiss the circle, for that would mean losing sacred geometry's flower of life.

Circles were important to the Egyptians when they sculpted the exquisite symmetry of the face on the statue of Rameses.

The "fabric" of space can be thought of in terms of pixels. Wave/particle duality can be applied to space, where each pixel is either on or off during transmission. The speed of light is the assigned rate by which the pixels can change state (The Two State Universe, by Angelo Molinero). The speed of light is the one assigned to our reality (Tom Campbell).

7. Gelecski7238

Gelecski7238 Well-Known Member Past Donor

That's a fitting example of thinking outside the box, even if it has nothing to do with pixels. It is relevant to our evolutionary state and is not just an artifact of a particular corporate mindset. Hail to the new loop, bring it on.

8. For Topical Use Only

For Topical Use Only Well-Known Member

As we move forward.

9. cupid dave

The biblical importance here is that "we" are all just minds.
    We use what we learn is our own body and our own senses to form ideas we hope are True and which we believe will explain Reality,... out there... to which we must bow, as it is almighty.

10. For Topical Use Only

For Topical Use Only Well-Known Member

We are not our minds.

11. cupid dave

What else figures out what the pixels mean???

12. Incorporeal

Incorporeal Well-Known Member

Wrong. That contradicts the very scripture that you are quoting from.
    Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Now surely you don't expect that we must bow to that reality when God gave us dominion over it and instructed us to "subdue it".

13. cupid dave

You left out the other verse, above, Gen 1:27:

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Once man was created in the same image as god, he acted on it, and did the things you try to complain about.

14. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

See?

God = PIXELS!

15. cupid dave

God = pixels = Truth = Reality

16. Incorporeal

'is' = 'be' = 'exists'.

17. NightSwimmer

NightSwimmer New Member

[​IMG]
    You sure it's not Pixies? ;)

18. Incorporeal

And what 'image' was it that God created man? Are you suggesting then that according to the verse you cited that God is both male and female? Is there some other reference in the 'Bible' which can validate what is written in that passage? Is there another source of material which can validate that passage of scripture and give it irrefutable meaning?

You allude to some tantasy about me complaining about some things. What things am I complaining about other than the interpretation you offer?

19. Jonsa

Jonsa Well-Known Member Past Donor

thinking outside the box is definitely doable. It is a creative process that attempts to ignore barriers in whatever form they may be (cultural, economic, social, religious,etc) that place conditions and restrictions on related human actions and thoughts.

Our perceptions of reality are restricted by the abilities of our senses and applied technologies (Telescopes, microscopes, EEG, x-rays, infra red detectors, radar, etc etc etc).

All things in the universe are composed of atoms.
    Atoms we can actualy see (preception of photons) thru those extended technological senses.

Since photons are both simultaneously particles and waves and not at all squares/boxes, the rest of your premise is does not compute.

20. cupid dave

Right,..
    YHVH means "I am what I become" in the Hebrew.

Thatis a pretty good definition for Reality.

21. Incorporeal

IMHO, I think this is a better one:
    re·al·i·ty (r[​IMG]-[​IMG]l[​IMG][​IMG]-t[​IMG])n. pl. re·al·i·ties 1. The quality or state of being actual or true.
    2. One, such as a person, an entity, or an event, that is actual: "the weight of history and political realities" (Benno C. Schmidt, Jr.)
    3. The totality of all things possessing actuality, existence, or essence.
    4. That which exists objectively and in fact: Your observations do not seem to be about reality.

22. cupid dave

Gen 1:26
    And God, (Father Nature, Reality), said, Let us, (i.e.; these Natural Laws, together, in panentheistic expression of the Spirit of God), make man, (through the process of gradual evolution ending in the finished Adam of this Jesus),...
    Let us make man, (as a reflection of Reality, in his mind, able, through Truth, to immanently reflect the "I am" of this existence), IN OUR IMAGE, (after the spirit of our orderly panentheistic organization):
    and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

23. cupid dave

yep...
    That is what Christ personified as truth, the concept as an Ideal.

24. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

25. Incorporeal

Aside from all of your arbitrary insertions of your opinion regarding the meaning of terms used in that scripture, there still remains the question... what image?