Question about the Iraq situation

Discussion in 'Russia & Eastern Europe' started by FrankCapua, Jun 13, 2014.

1. FrankCapua

FrankCapua Well-Known Member Past Donor

Did the Iraqi government not have an airforce? These militants were moving across desert terrain in trucks.A couple of fairly ancient attack plains could have decimated them. ??

2. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

It did have an air force founded in 1938.

But the Iraq air force was destroyed when America first invaded Iraq. during the Gulf War and is currently being rebuilt by the United States.

3. Omicron

Omicron New Member

And so... they're still trying to figure out how to fly thy surplus Uncle Sam dumped on them?

Sort'a makes you wonder why China doesn't move in and sell them an "airforce" of the same kinds of missiles they sell to Palestinians to shoot at Isreal.

4. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

With what facts do you based your assumption on?

5. Omicron

Omicron New Member

Hmm... well... in the first place, technically, "assumptions" are not based on facts. That's what makes them "assumptions".

In the seond place, when was the last time you saw Uncle Sam sell jets he didn't care about anymore because now he had better?

In the third place, remember when the west sold jets to Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war, and how the biggest problem was getting the Iraqi pilots to figure out how to fly the things?

Technically, it takes the equivalent of a Masters Degree to fly a modern jet, which is just *one* of the reasons why they've been switching to drones. There you can get a kid sitting in an Eazy-Boy playing with a master-control in one hand while playing with himself with the other, and the super-rich not only don't have to surrender tax-deductions to train a real pilot, but they get youthlings to excercise the robots required to protect the handfull of hyper-rich to have scooped up ownership of the planet with false money instead of medieval war which they will need when people realize they've been taken and won't fight for them as human soldiers anymore.

6. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

And selling old military hardware is a bad thing because?

7. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

There Air Force had to be started from scratch after we creamed it, but they have a helicopter force that they are actually using.

Iraqi Air Force Launch Airstrikes on Isis Positions

Oddly enough, the Iraqi Air Force got it's first F-16 this month. Too little to late I think...

8. Omicron

Omicron New Member

Not a bad thing at all if you're a shareholder. You started by attacking me for saying such things happened, and now you are defending it.

If you want to be a lawyer, join the forces of those seeking to have Lucifer surrender instead of be destroyed. It's not in the Bible, but most prophesies were simple statements of where things would end up if they kept going. Options are to kill Lucifer or make/have him surrender. If you can make him surrender then you get to be a mind-ripping lawyer.

9. Omicron

Omicron New Member

Why doesn't Uncle-Samhole just swarm in his drones to obliterate and/or confuse that land attack like anyone with a superior airforce would do?

10. Lil Mike

That would require a decision.

11. Omicron

Omicron New Member

Why doesn't Uncle-Samhole just swarm in his drones to obliterate and/or confuse that land attack like anyone with a superior airforce would do?

It's seriously nuts. Uncle-Samhole could super-excercize his drones to keep things pounded down enough for official troops to move in...

@#$% I just figured it out. The Iraquis don't want to fight. They just want food and smart-phones. Iranians, who are smarter, don't really want to fight unless they can get a profit.

You want to really (*)(*)(*)(*) off Satan? Find something Iraqi's have (I like their nut-paste) and send back something the Chinese can't... which is what? What do you f@#ing Americans do better than Chinese?

What do you have to trade other than the best military protected food-supply on the planet being killed by the hyperspace Lucifer-virus Monsanto.

Hey all you Islamicos... what if the deal is all arms be dropped and we trade food and stuff.

If you still got crazies, so do we. We can stick them together on an Island with cameras everywhere and sell advertizing spots to advertizers wanting to show what they got while the idiots kill each other.

Come to think of it, you want a challenge? I bet if you gave me the money and I gave you the money, the Temple I could build for you would be more ingenously beautilfull than the Temple you could build for me.

You wanna respect, love and worship Allah? Let's go.

12. nom de plume

nom de plume New Member

Q: Why isn't the Iraqi Air Force in the fight?

A: The entire U.S.-trained Iraqi military has disintegrated and is fleeing in terror and panic from the brutal, take-no-prisoners, ISIS rebels.

The same thing will happen in Afghanistan. The U.S. can train and equip a foreign military, but it cannot motivate it to fight.

The same thing also happened in Vietnam. The Americans trained and equipped the South Vietnam military with everything an army could possibly need and want to defend its nation. But the minute the last American soldier departed South Vietnam, North Vietnam attacked and the South Vietnamese military became unraveled and scattered in panic.

13. Omicron

Omicron New Member

So? Of course. Duh.

Is a big giant grey-scaled creature with giant yellow eyes and little-tiny pupils and grey flaky scales that shed off in the fall like deciduous leaves telling you not to?

14. Jeannette

Jeannette Well-Known Member Past Donor

It seems this was being planned for two years, maybe in Turkey since they were providing them with logistical support in Syria. When the ISIS started advancing in Iraq, the Sunnis all joined them. That's why I found it funny that they would take eighty Turkish prisoners, unless Turkey wanted to show they had nothing to do with the Iraq takeover. The winners in all this are the Kurds. When the soldiers deserted Kirkuq, they grabbed it so it was a dream come true for them. They had been waiting for that for decades.

I did read that Iran sent in the 'big gun', the General who helped organize the Syrian army when it became demoralized.

15. Xanadu

Xanadu New Member

Even if the Iraqi gov had an airforce, the no-fly zones could prevent action?

16. smalltime

smalltime Active Member

Uhmmm.
    The correct term would be "planes'

This is shorthand for airplanes.

And, YES, this would have been an anti-benefactor for the folks that were on the receiving end of the ordinance.

Sadly, our current C.E.O. will NOT participate in such activities.

( And for God's sake, learn to spell the English language)

17. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;wgAJS6YfGa0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgAJS6YfGa0[/video]

Iraq recently purchased the F-16s from Lockheed Martin and the Iraqi Air Force has been rebuilt as part of a new Iraqi defence force since 2008. The US trained six Iraqi pilots who would form Iraq's current F-16 force in the last few years and the IQAF is now capable of handling combat operations targeting ISIL insurgent positions but it's still a shadow of former self.

18. Natural Evidence

Natural Evidence Member Past Donor

I bet if Iraq proceeded agriculture by the seawater desalination unit with the crude oil. Could they do proceeding the peacefully talk for their state?

19. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

WHAT??????

20. Lil Mike

I'm not the one who makes those decisions, the President is, and I don't know what Valerie Jarrett is telling him, but likely it's to do little or nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

The no fly zones, Operations Southern and Northern Watch, ended at the start of the Iraq War.

21. free man

free man Well-Known Member

Iraq recently payed for some F16 squadrons.
    The Iraqi plan was to push the F16s to the top of the hills and then role them down on the rebels.
    After they got the F16, they figured they got cheated.
    They realized there are no hills in Iraq and therefore they have no use for those F16.

22. Rainbow Crow

Rainbow Crow New Member Past Donor

They probably can't use any jet from the 1970's because it's a lot easier to build an anti-aircraft weapon than it is to build a plane that can avoid an anti-aircraft weapon.

Just look at the long and distinguished history of the stinger missile. If you can't use something that can avoid a stinger or the many equivalents out there by now (or so I would assume; Ukrainian insurgents are using something similar) then don't even try.

This sort of goes for cargo planes and the like as well, as Kiev has been learning, if people with anti-air missiles have penetrated your airspace, use trucks instead. I wonder how many more planes they will have to lose before they admit that their airspace isn't secure...

23. dixon76710

dixon76710 Well-Known Member

No, I do recall a handful of civilian helicopters that the haters of America allege were equipped with weapons by the Iraqis, while the entire air force consisted of nothing other than French and Soviet jets.

And assumptions based upon the (*)(*)(*)(*) you imagine, is (*)(*)(*)(*).

24. dixon76710

dixon76710 Well-Known Member

Because we currently have Obama as President. He opposed the war in Iraq and so is content to watch the nation implode. And we should send piloted ground attack jets to do the best we can to avoid civilian casualties.

25. Goomba

Goomba Well-Known Member

Hopefully the Sunnis and Kurds can finally separate themselves from Maliki's Shi'ite-controlled government/militia.