What sin has God condemned you for?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Greatest I am, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Greatest I am

Greatest I am Well-Known Member

What sin has God condemned you for?

Why is God the only one who can forgive you?

It seems that just being born is enough to draw condemnation from God. Somehow, we are all born sinners. Whatever that sin is that we are born with, it must have been really bad to earn eternal punishment or death.
    Scriptures themselves say that sin is not passed on so all babies have to pay for their own sins. They are condemned at birth. It could not be as Adam and Eve did because God said that they became as Gods. Exactly what the bible urges us to do. So that cannot be a sin.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) “Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]
    -------------------------------------------

Is there Original sin?

The Jews have no such policy in their myth. In fact, they show Eden as man’s elevation and not his fall.

What sin were you guilty of when born and which of your evil finite sins deserves infinite punishment?

Regards
    DL

2. rstones199

rstones199 Well-Known Member

'Sin' is nothing more than a made up religious word to tell one person to another that they do not like the other persons actions without getting 'personal' about it.

Its really a good racket if you think about it. Declare a bunch of behaviors that you don't like. Create a mythical creature, that condemns these actions as a 'sin', then say the only way to be forgiven of these sins, is by the very mythical creature that you made up to begin with! Of course you need a fear tactic to make it work, so you also make up 'heaven' and 'hell'.

Good gig if you can find enough suckers to buy into it.

3. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

Existing.

4. Jonsa

Jonsa Well-Known Member Past Donor

My sin is critical thinking and a profound disbelief in the supernatural.

5. crank

crank Well-Known Member

Mine are trying to live 'honestly', and careful consideration of wild claims.

6. Incorporeal

Incorporeal Well-Known Member

None! God has forgiven me of my sins because His Son Jesus paid the debt of sin in my life.

7. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Actually not unless you sincerely repent.

8. Incorporeal

Are you now trying to play the role of God with your attempt to overthrow what God has promised? Are you attempting to sit in judgment of me?

9. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

Bearing false witness is a sin.

Go to confession.

10. Incorporeal

Now that is a classic example of why I am glad to announce that I am not Catholic. I don't need to confess to another man. Much less do I need to confess to another man when no fault has been shown.

11. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

Only you?
    Is there ever a picosecond that you may not be forgiven? Or are you already in heaven, just waiting for the transport. And when will one get to heaven.

12. Incorporeal

Don't be silly. I can't speak for others... I can only speak for myself.
    Not even a 1/4 of a picosecond. Not in heaven yet, and actually not waiting on the transport as it will be executed once my mission is completed hereon Earth. Hope that helps you understand a little better.

13. Regular Joe

Regular Joe Well-Known Member

I regard this human experience as curriculum in Gods' nursery. I trust that I am "forgiven" because Love is the nature of God. It is for me to do as little "evil" as possible, but also to understand that everything that happens here is curriculum. In due course, this part of the curriculum will lead to the next. Or we'll do this all over again. Nothing that can be "proven" here is on any consequence.

14. Greatest I am

If your sin is what Jesus died for, then you aided in his death. Right?

How is that forgivable?

Do you forgive those who aid in killing innocent men?

Regards
    DL

15. Greatest I am

Are you saying that if you do evil to someone, you do not care to confess to them nor seek their forgiveness?

Do you not teach your children to step up and seek forgiveness from others when required?

Regards
    DL

16. Greatest I am

Love is the nature of God?

Is hate not also a part of his nature?

Does he not hate all those he kills in scriptures. Does love kill those it loves?

If you are to place no one above him, who can you say hates more than God does?

Regards
    DL

17. cupid dave

cupid dave Well-Known Member

Selfishness...

The original sin which is genetically passed down to us is Self-centeredness.
    Our societies then reinforce this natural genetic attitude by introducing us to a system of competition by which our economy functions, demanding that we work to get a share of the bounty every day.

In the end, we care for ourselves at the expense of our neighbors, whom we do not feed, cloth, or care for. (Matt 25:31)

- - - Updated - - -

God loves those who bow down to His natural laws and conform to His environment, while He hates those who make Him jealous by worshipping Fantasy World that they make up using lies.
    He hates liars.

18. Incorporeal

You would have to ask God how it is forgivable, it is Him that does the forgiving ,,,, not me. In your last question, are you suggesting that the story of Jesus is true and real and that he was innocent. That is the parallel that I see you announcing.

19. Incorporeal

If I see a fault that I have committed I will express my apologies to that individual that was offended by my action, but I will not seek his/her forgiveness. That is an option (the offering of forgiveness) that is up to them.

Nope! I taught them to own up to their errors and to apologize for making those errors. Not to seek forgiveness from those offended.

20. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Neither Jews nor Muslims believe in original sin.

21. Regular Joe

Regular Joe Well-Known Member

EEk!!!! God is NOT the product of tyrannical governments who penned a book to control their herds.
    There is no other purpose for life in any form but to reach your spiritual maturity. This involves quite a different approach, at least for me, than reading a book and practicing rituals.
    I had a very powerful spiritual mentor when I reached puberty. What the whole of his lessons conveyed to me was that it is imperative that we learn. It does involve a huge amount of reading, and some of the best stuff I ever found was in the book "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda. In it, he relates that his Yogi used to tell him that one is not ready to find anything at all unless he pursues knowledge like a man whose hair is on fire seeks water. This is when we begin to be able to discuss the nature of God, and of condemnation, among other misconceptions.

22. Finley99

Finley99 New Member

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.......two naked teens in a garden with a snake condemned mankind forever. What a load of "rhymes with it."

23. Gelecski7238

Gelecski7238 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Here's a new twist on the sin/genesis/garden of Eden theme:

First, the old news: ETs came here to get gold to repair their home planet's atmosphere, but because of the mining hardships, ended up creating semi-hybrid slaves out of the native humanoids by mixing in some of their genes and distorting the DNA pattern to overcome sterility problems.

The new twist is that they ventured here to play around and interfere like big shots and benevolent kings, thus violating cosmic prime directives of non-interference. The gold was used in an effort to mask their excessive involvement.

The enforcers were sent in to wreck their game. Thus we have a ruined planet, Mars, which is said to have a marker of nuclear war (Xenon gas), quartz fusion beads in the Sahara identical to those created at our nuclear test ranges, huge complex megoliths at Pumo Punco thrown helter-skelter every which way, Sodom and Gomorrah sizzled, and stories of aerial vimadas going at it like star wars over India.

The present rulers of this planet could be remnant vestiges of those haughty big shots. Among the rest of us, many have been getting DNA upgrade infusions via abductions. For the last 2000 years the overall human DNA change rate is extraordinarily unprecedented.

The sin/genesis/garden of Eden theme is just a confusion-fallout product of a gross cosmic drama.

24. Incorporeal

Had your writing been from a secular point of view, I would imagine that it would be an acceptable explanation.

25. Gelecski7238

Gelecski7238 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Either way, its acceptability is in limbo. Too much controversy. Maybe in due time we'll have a better picture of these issues. The speculative aspects might help stimulate efforts to get at the truth.