What U.S Medics Carry in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Warfare / Military' started by longknife, Jun 20, 2014.

1. longknife

longknife New Member

[​IMG]

Awesome. How do they do it? At least one thing – not so long ago, all the protection they had was the Red Cross on their helmet and armband. But, it appears that certain enemy fighters today ignore such things. So now, they have to reduce the amount of life-saving supplies just to protect themselves. How sad.

The whole story is @ http://www.businessinsider.com/military-medic-gear-2014-6

2. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

Thread title is wrong. The above is what British Medics carry in battle.

3. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

US medics carry the same thing pretty much. Just replace the SA8oA2 with an M4 and its the same set up.

We don't play that medics are non combatant crap anymore. Our enemies don't respect the rules of war so there is no point in not arming our medics.

4. Herkdriver

Herkdriver New Member

I've always been an advocate for females in some ground combat roles, but if the load outs are that heavy I don't see many being able to do the job of combat medic effectively. I'd also imagine that ground troops have extensive back and knee problems later in life.

5. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

Taxcutter says:
    They do. Almost all grunts have bad knees, backs, and ankles. They are much like old NFL players.

- - - Updated - - -

Heinous as they were, at least the Nazis (for the most part) respected the Red Cross and their medics were (for the most part) respected and not targeted.

6. Nightmare515

Nightmare515 Ragin' Cajun Staff Member Past Donor

Very true. I spent only 5 years as a grunt before switching to aviation and developed permanent lower back and knee problems during that short time alone. I don't think Ive met a single ground pounder who doesn't have bad joints.

I don't mind females in combat roles, however, we absolutely CANNOT under any circumstances whatsoever have different standards for men and women while applying for these roles. It is 100% dangerous and irresponsible to do so. No amount of political correctness is worth the lives of US troops. Period.

7. arcus

arcus Newly Registered

8. longknife

longknife New Member