More ethnic and religious conflicts now than ever?

Discussion in 'Ethnic & Religious Conflicts' started by spt5, Jun 22, 2014.

1. spt5

spt5 New Member

It seems, that the number of ethnic and religious conflicts is increasing all over the world for the past 100 years. Now almost every country has these conflicts, even the ones where external financial investment is a significant contribution to the economy, e.g. the UK-Scotland-NI-... devolution or the US-blue-red-states or the Ukraine or ... . But there is one exception from this worldwide rule, France. France does not experience any ethnic or religious conflict. Why is this? This thread is not about immigration, so let's leave immigration out of the discussion. Discuss ... .
    :)

2. NightSwimmer

NightSwimmer New Member

Wow!

You're over 100 years old? Impressive!

3. Strasser

Strasser Banned

A very strong sense of nationalism and a love of their own culture that has been under intense fire and rapidly destroying those bulwarks and foundations of society and government in places like the U.S., for instance, via their own 'elites'. France is one of the few cultures that at least resist the 'Globalist' scam to some extent and its political system isn't yet completely given over to ownership by multinationals and international financial pirates who will bankrupt the entire planet for personal gain without so much as a smidgen of concern for anything or anyone beyond themselves.

4. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

When you study their history you actually see they aren't really new, they are centuries old. Every now and then things to flare up. They really don't want to learn to live with each other.

5. Imnotreallyhere

Imnotreallyhere Well-Known Member Donor

Where did you get the idea that France is somehow exempt from religious/ethnic conflict? Look at these sites:
    http://arp.sagepub.com/content/39/3/269.abstract
    http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-1-4614-0448-4_18

Note that the Hijab is banned in France in public places. Is this not a religious or at least a cultural conflict?

6. Germania

Germania Member

Actually according to statistics published on conflicts, we're at a low point right now at least in the past 100 years and conflicts are expected to decline even more. WWII was the deadlies conflict in history, and the 20th century was the deadliest century in human history, granted. However, post WWII things have been low key. Europe which had seen non-stop war for about 2 millenia, is peaceful. Yeah right now there's the Ukraine but that's the exception not the rule. Asia was constantly feuding, the Chinese, Mongols, and Samauris. Africa with all of it's tribal conflict, and the warring Incas, Aztecs, Mayans, and Native Americans.

According to Russian researchers who've studied conflicts, there are certain cycles economically that affect military aggression and it is said that the next ten years are a likely time for conflict, on a global scale (look at Russia).

http://rbth.com/society/2013/04/18/academics_predict_new_world_war_for_next_decade_25163.html

7. js1080

js1080 New Member

Well, that's not really reasonable to ask if the immigrants hold a different ethnic/religious ideology that creates strife within the country is it?

8. CherryPanda

CherryPanda Banned

I think, there are two main reasons for the conflicts: resources which have become extremely important during past 100 years and money.
    Religion and ethnicity are just a cover-up and a manipulation tool.

9. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

Tell that to ISIS....

10. CherryPanda

CherryPanda Banned

Do you really think that ISIS is about religion? Or those who help them with money and weapon support them because of their religious beliefs? And that is definitely why they are seazing Iraqi oil deposits.
    Religion is needed to manipulate average people. In such contexts, of course.

11. tecoyah

Generally speaking, when people claim they are acting for Religious reasons, kill others for Religious belief, threaten violence and death for those who do not accept their own Religion, and proclaim a Religious state and a Religious war....Yeah, I think it's about Religion.

I'm weird that way.

12. AboveAlpha

AboveAlpha Well-Known Member

I am here....we are going to have to kill ALL OF THEM!!

There is no other option.

AboveAlpha

13. tecoyah

Option #2~ Stay out of this continuation of the last few thousand years, let them all kill each other, and keep a very close watch on them to verify they are not bringing it over here. If by chance they try to....THEN WE COMPLELY DESTROY THEM IMMEDIATELY.

14. AboveAlpha

What are you talking about?

Out of all the Western European Nations...France has more issues with Minorities than the rest combined!!

The French Ministry of French Culture OUTLAWED women from wearing a Burka or a Veil.

They also MADE IT ILLEGAL to use the American Techno Words....E-Mail....and others siting an erotion of the French Language.

Thus all French Ministries had to spend Milions elimnating and changing the word E-Mail....ON THEIR AMERICAN MADE WINDOWS SOFTWARE.

The French Police came in with riot Police and Buldozers and destroyed a Immigrant Town causing loss oflife.

Now the U.S. is massive with a huge population of over 320 Millon and quickly growing.

We have people from all over the world and there are Mllions upon Millions of Sunni's and Shiite's living PEACEFULLY IN THE UNITED STATES!!!

Why.....the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights.

AboveAlpha

15. AboveAlpha

Well....we didn't come running to the rescue because that Shia Leader had to go as he purged all Sunni's from the Military and Government Positions.

But these ISIS SOB's....they ALL NEED TO DIE!!!

If you saw what I saw this morning....17 men buried ALIVE!!!.....we caught it after they had already suffocated them to death.

These ISIS members are COWARDS IN THE EXTREME!!!

Their victories have come against Sunni'swho did not want to fight.

And the decapitation of women and children.

We are here to.....make certain PRESENTS are sent on time and on target.

But we have run into them a few times.....they run.

AboveAlpha

16. Strasser

Strasser Banned

Far better to take them out over there than wait for them to gain strength; it's too small a world to ever retreat back into isolationism; that will only lead to a much larger and far more destructive war in the future. That's the lesson of WW I and WW II. Too many have forgotten the basics of reality; at no time in history has anybody ever left their neighbors alone, and certainly never have just because they were so nice and neutral and peaceful and didn't (*)(*)(*)(*) anybody off. The left-over 1960's burb brat hippy crap is for idiots, and will get a lot more people killed. Islam is much more of a political ideology than a religious one, and a violent genocidal one to boot. Crush it now or let it murder a few hundred million more and then snivel when they finally come for you here in the U.S. We recently had the spectacle of a bunch of raving savages supporting Hamas being allowed to run off peaceful protestors from right in front of the White House, a complete embarrassment and testimony to just how weak and passive we've become in the face of real evil.

17. CherryPanda

CherryPanda Banned

So, you seriously believe everything you are told, there is no lie in the world, and everyone is always trustworthy? How about some critical thinking? Don't you doubt the information you get? Haven't you ever faced manipulation? Do you believe everything mass media tell?

18. tecoyah

As you are relatively new here...I will excuse your words being placed in my mouth, as well as the ignorance inherent in assumption....just this once.

I believe only those things I can note evidence for, know damn well people lie, and do not assume anyone to be trustworthy. I regularly employ critical thinking (as you would know had you done so as well), am well versed in manipulation (which explains why yours is ineffective) and use multiple sources of media for information to form opinion.

I also have done this forum debate thing for more than enough time to recognize a defunct intellect and instigator of worthless BS. I have been happy to make many be seen as the fools they are...and will do so again if tempted.

19. CherryPanda

CherryPanda Banned

Well, I am sorry if I sounded this way because I never meant anything mentioned above. I was just sort of surprised by certain words of yours. Probably, it was too emotional.
    But still, continuing the conversation (I hope, you don't mind), why do you think that ISIS motives are purely religious? Cause I see them getting money from certain sources, seizing oil deposits, getting control over banks - I just have no other choice but to get to the conclusion about some other motives, apart from religion.

20. Imnotreallyhere

Imnotreallyhere Well-Known Member Donor

CherryPanda has a point. A lot of the things people do have base motives. Since there are few people who are unabashedly and openly bad, those motives must be covered by racial bigotry, religious dogma or political ideology, i.e. 'higher motives'. Since extremists of all stripes tend to be more focussed on action than what the leadership is doing, they are the ones recruited.

21. Strasser

Strasser Banned

Don't mind the trolls, or feed them. It's okay to ignore them. They go away when they're ignored.

Your posts were fine.

22. tecoyah

I did not use the term "Purely" nor did I indicate that ISIS was devoid of corrupt financial pursuit (they would be the only force in history to be so)...I did however note they are religiously motivated, primarily because they have stated as much and follow the statements with verified actions.

23. AboveAlpha

Don't make the mistake of thinking that because the ISIS has connections to Islam.....that people who are Islamic or another word...Muslims....want anything to do with ISIS Ideology.

Because of what I do....I speak Ababic, Farsi, Urdu....etc....and most people are just....PEOPLE!

Most Middle Eastern Muslims when they meet me or if I am invited into their homes for Tea or Food....ABSOLUTELY LOVE ASKING ME WHAT IT IS LKE IN THE UNITED STATES!!!

They want to know....EVERYTHING!

And when I explain to them that there are MILLIONS of Muslms, Sunni, Shia.....and Millons of other people of all different types of religions as well as Agnostics and Atheists all living together relatively peacefully.....I noticed that they often close their eyes when I tell them this as so they can imagine such a thing.

People are People.

My JOB....along with the help of my Team....is to locate and remove the SOCIOPATHS AND SADISTS AND CRIMINALS.....who think they are untouchable.

Weare NOT ASSASINS....and we even announce our arrival and meeting times and areas.

99% of the time I have had a 100% Success Rate.

1%...about 3 times....things all went to HELL.

1 of those 3 Times I was shot 3 times in the chest....my Team AOK.

Another 1 of those 3 Times I almost lost a pinky finger....Team...AOK.

The 3rd Time....we had to eliminate a problem and found out it was a set up.....I watched a young wife who was rapped stoned to death after being buried up to her chest in the ground and this killing was demanded by the Father-in-Law to restore his families Honer as the first 3 people who throw stones at her head are her Husband, Father and Father-in-Law.

We could not help her at the time this happened and as the village was surrounded by mountains at an elevation at 7000 feet.....we hears every softball sized stone impact her head and chest...her begging for her Father to stop it....then low moans....then nothing.

Every single member of my Team wanted me to give them the GO....but they are MY RESPONSIBILITY and even though they were prepared to sacrifice their lives to stop the stoning to death of a raped girl....I could not allow them to do so....and it haunts me.

We had our Barrett M82 .50 Caliber Sniper Rifles with Digital Camera and Video Scopes set up....and we documented who was more than happy to kill that poor girl...and who the Taliban forced to throw stones.

We went down the mountains at night.....we wanted BLOOD.....and we got it.

We drank Bourbon out of a SKULL that 30 minutes previous had been a member of the Taliban.

That was the day that was the FIRST TIME....I lost my Humanity.

AboveAlpha

24. Regular Joe

Regular Joe Well-Known Member

You can have your line of work, AA!
    So what about this study that projects a violent time ahead? It certainly is brewing, and there are "people" who are at least considering forming an alliance that would oppose the US/NATO. Is it anyones' guess that we could well be headed for the worst conflict yet?

25. Mushroom

Mushroom Well-Known Member

The problem is, they already have, multiple times. Dating back to at least the 1980's. But it escalated in the 1990's.

But it was nothing that just suddenly "popped up" in 2001. Even the 1993 attack was not done for any reason, other then wanting to destroy what they saw as a symbol of American Power.