The Real Problem with Race In America

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Primus Epic, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Primus Epic

Primus Epic Well-Known Member

For the intellectually honest on this forum, this will be more than well worth the time spent watching it. Allen Morrison, Wyatt Tee Walker and James Farmer, basically gang tackle Malcolm X in this discussion back in June of 1963, during a time when the United States of America was facing very turbulent times.

This is especially important for a lot of you Black Folks out there who were led to believe that the Civil Rights Movement or Struggle was some kind of Kumbayah moment where all Black Civics Leaders were always on the same page. Nothing could be further from the truth. These men happened to be four of the most astonishingly capable leaders of any American era, but their efforts were consumed the racial injustices of their time, which still resonate in 2014.

As an African American, I will note that this type of leadership is now completely lacking in the Black Community (a thread of another color altogether) as these four men struggle with the appropriate response to the dominant White Supremacist views of the time (still held by many Whites today). For some of you, this will be an eye opening view into the minds of those behind the Civil Rights Movement, as you will see (some of you for the very first time) the logic and philosophy that ultimately made its way into the resultant 1964 and 1968 Civil Rights Legislation that was to come.

In particular, what I find most interesting is the dichotomy between the underling premise of Malcolm X, and those of his peers at the discussion table (Allen Morrison, Wyatt Tee Walker and James Farmer), that if the United States Constitution and the Declaration of Independence were worth their weight in salt, there would indeed be no need whatsoever, for any Civil Rights Legislation at all. I find that logic and reasoning by Malcolm X, to be some of the most compelling Constitutional legal philosophy of the 20th century.

Warning: This video is only for the serious minded Citizens who truly want to understand WHY race relations in the United States of America are what they are today and what attempts were being seriously contemplated to end the scourge of institutional and legalized racism throughout all the United States and for all People of Color.

This video makes it abundantly clear that the Civil Rights Movement was not just about Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King Jr., and Malcolm X. There were many exceedingly intelligent and highly talented Men & Women who were also very much engaged in the struggle to find viable solutions to the problems which still (most unfortunately) plague our nation to this day.

I would say "enjoy" this video, but I think it is far more important to "learn" from this video:

[video=youtube;vSdDPjourgY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSdDPjourgY[/video]

2. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

Meh, Malcolm X Was a racist so that automatically discredits his message.

3. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

I couldn't watch the video...just had too long of a day to view something lengthy. But I have seen some of Malcom X's comments from 1963 and then shortly prior to his assassination. He seemed to be losing his hatred for whites towards the end--but was staying with self-determination for blacks which I thought was healthy. He seemed to be a man of integrity.

The Constitution is worth its weight in salt---but it takes a people willing to interpret it as it is written. And when its not interpreted as written then it is changed to be more clear and direct or legislation ensues. But it takes a willing people to do that. A constitution is nothing without the courage and motivation of people---all people--not just blacks.

4. Primus Epic

Remaining ignorant always gives you the option of never having to engage intellectually in problems that you are extricable associated with and/or directly tied to.

If you did not watch it, then you missed one heck of an educational opportunity and real chance to understand that which you clearly know little to nothing about.

5. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

It's you who know nothing about Malcolm X. And you call yourself intellectually honest?

Gee, what a guy.

Just like a leftist to claim superiority over everyone else and say everyone else in inferior to them.

6. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

How exactly was he a racist? Was he a racist because he wasn't turning the other cheek.

7. Primus Epic

Malcolm, was always a man of integrity and his feelings about White People came out of what White People did to his ancestors. I don't see anything wrong with hating the system of slavery and everything that it stood for, including those who perpetrated it AND those who stood idly by while it took place doing nothing to prevent it. Malcolm, was initially incumbered by the false teachings of his religious mentor. However, his eventual trip to Mecca, changed that portion of Malcolm, that lead him to believe that all White People were Devils, to just those Whites who perpetuated racism in this country as being Devils.

No one in the Civil Rights struggle was in love with anyone who was perpetuating racism, segregation and institutional discrimination. And, as a moral consequence, why should they.

One major point that differentiated Malcolm from the others at the table, was that Malcolm concluded that the mere reality which saw Blacks struggling for the same basic rights that Whites never had to struggle for, by definition nullified the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence for all Black People, thus
    requiring a nationalistic movement in lieu of a mere civil rights movement. Malcolm's entire premise was that the entire System was Anti-Black and thus needed to either be entirely replaced to legitimately include Blacks, or Blacks needed to establish their own new nation and the government needed to provide the leverage and the means for doing so.

What Malcolm believed was intensely predicated on the immoral underlying core of American Slavery, the destruction that it wrought in the lives of the African American Family and the United States' responsibility to do whatever it took to cure that wrong and to do it, "by any means necessary." In other words, Malcolm, was not willing to allow the institution of American Slavery and the several hundred year head start that it gave White America, to stand unattended without full recompense to Black America.

That is why I posted the video. It cuts to the heart of problems still facing this country because there continues to be many in this country who remain willfully ignorant of that which caused Malcolm and others to pursue strong nationalistic remedies. To wit, you still have completely deluded people in this country today, who actually believe that Malcolm, was a racist, when racism requires both Intent and Authority/Power. Intent alone, makes you a bigot. Intent plus the Power to deny Constitutional rights makes you a racist. You can be a bigot without being a racist, but you cannot be a racist without also being a bigot.

There are lots of bigots out there who don't know they are bigots - they think they are cloaked racists, yet they don't have the power to hire, fire, reject applications, discard votes, make an arrest, sentence to prison, deny service or institutionally deny constitutional rights. People who are in such positions AND who engage in bigotry while making their decision to take action, are the true racists. All others who filter their beliefs through the lens of color absent moral justification for doing so, are simple minded bigots.

Malcolm, had moral justification his both his beliefs and his actions, which were predicated in the immorality of American Slavery and Jim Crow, for which he sought a permanent cure. That's not the same as hating someone merely because they are of a particular ethnicity, which is precisely what the bigot and the racist does without moral qualification. There was no moral qualification for American Slavery, or the Institutionalized Racism that took place under Jim Crow.

So, when you hear people say that Malcolm X, was a racist, you know you are dealing with a complete reprobate incapable of discerning right from wrong on any level, whatsoever.

8. Primus Epic

If you knew half of what you speak about, you'd be quite the read. Calling Malcolm X, a racist is proof positive that you can't tie your own common sense shoe laces, let alone understand the moral differential involved in the perspective Malcolm pursued.

This is typical of racists. They refuse to acknowledge any underlying premise that involves American Slavery as being the moral pivot point for hating that which enslaves. As long as the racist continues to ignore moral justification, or seeks to establish the insanity of raising the hate for slavery, to the level of that which is morally reprehensible itself, the racist will forever suffer from self-delusion and hyper self-righteousness.

Translation: Tying one's shoes should not be this difficult. Inference: The racist has to really work hard to maintain their irrational belief systems.

9. Primus Epic

Basically, this is what the racist wants to believe and so they delude themselves into believing it. In other words, as long as the Slave Master and then later the Hiring Manager can stick it to you, you have have no moral basis for hating the Slave Master and no moral basis for boycotting the business that employes the Hiring Manager.

In essence, basically just keep your mouth shut and enjoy the Emancipation Proclamation because that's all you really need. The hundreds of years where you have been basically abused like any field mule, is of no real significance and or concern, nor does it rise to the level of that which requires moral correction and material cure.

10. Primus Epic

Like the "Warning" basically states, this video is truly for intelligent adults and not intended for the shallow of mind.

The video says a lot about where we are as nation in terms of not just so-called "race relations," but it says a whole lot about the sick Pathology that led us here and it speaks volumes about why we continue to struggle with the central problem addressed at its core.

The video definitely comes with an Intellectually Honest Adults Only Warning Label.

11. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

He was the guy who founded the Black Panthers.

At least as far as I know.

12. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

Wow. There is absolutely no intellectual honesty in this thread. It is completely bare of intellectual honesty.

Malcolm X is a racist guy so that discredits anything anybody has to say about him.

In fact, this thread is all about putting the sty into honesty, and making a mockery of it.

13. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

Did he found them or did a racist culture found them?

- - - Updated - - -

Again how can you label him a racist? Was it because he wasn't like Dr. King and turning the other cheek. If he was a racist America created him.

14. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

He;s conservative, that's why.

Only conservative can be racist, liberals can not.

15. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

I doubt if Brutha Malcolm saw himself as Liberal or Conservative.

16. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

Getting back to the OP, the real problem with race in America are those who focus on race and use it to bait people.

That's what's prevalent throughout America, not true racism.

17. Imnotreallyhere

Imnotreallyhere Well-Known Member Donor

So it's okay to be racist if you live in a racist culture? Nice. I'll bet all the bigots love you.

- - - Updated - - -

More of the same. At some point a person has to accept responsibility for what he is, not blame it on the parents or society.

18. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

So why would anyone want to live in a place where they're not wanted?

I have very fair skin so I'm going to be percieved as a white guy even though I'm Cherokee.

I will not go into African American neighborhoods because I know theya re going to ahte me for being white.

And i want to leave America entirely because Americans will not accept me for who I am and they hate me for being different than them.

Why should anybody have to stay where they're not wanted?

Don't they have rights to have their society the way they want it too?

But, the problem is Americans think everybody have to be like them and everybody has to obey them, liberals and conservatives alike, and they can't take no for an answer. In this case, because there are no other options, one must do what they can to make the society a better place for themselves.

Otherwise, don't go where you're not wanted, and live your own life. the only thing you're going to do is make yourself miserable.

19. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

So fighting against those who are racist against you now makes you a racist. Wow.

How much racism have you dealt with over the years?

20. Imnotreallyhere

Malcolm X was a black supremacist who advocated separation of Black and White Americans.

So you think that it is okay to be a racist if society is racist. Wow. Then you must think it was okay for the southern states to keep slaves. After all, society was racist , right?

21. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

I guess the way black folks were being treated by white folks at that time had nothing to do with it.

Is that what you think? I think its okay to fight against racism.

Hmmmm, did black folks try to enslave white folks? Did Brutha Malcolm ever advocate enslaving white folks? Your argument or lack of argument makes no sense.

22. Imnotreallyhere

Not really, I'm just showing you the conclusions to which your arguments lead.

23. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

Actually you are showing me you don't have a clue.