Will the Abbott government actually govern?

Discussion in 'Australia, NZ, Pacific' started by Diuretic, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Diuretic

Diuretic Well-Known Member

Forget the Senate as an excuse, Gillard had to deal with government in minority and still managed a pretty healthy legislative agenda. But the Abbott Government? It seems all they can do is undo. But what constructive legislation - policy not propaganda - have they produced? I'm truly buggered if I know and I would appreciate advice on this. Have they actually done anything in terms of policy?

2. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm in favor of two things when it comes to government policy:

1. Doing nothing.
    2. Reversing stuff we've already done.

So I would hope they never do get around to governing.

3. m2catter

m2catter Well-Known Member

No, they won't...
    To govern means to have a plan or idea or a vision - that makes it three times nil for clown Abbott...
    All they do is creating fear and telling lies, makes Gillard look like a Saint...
    Regards

4. culldav

culldav Well-Known Member

Never thought I would ever say this, but Abbott and his bunch of circus freaks are starting to make Gillard look good.

5. mister magoo

mister magoo New Member

Abbott is pontificating like the boofhead he is about the M17 act of war..sends Bishop to chat to
    Obumma...and sits on his hands...and guess what...he'll do nothing....absolutely nothing.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDB-yswOrzc

6. culldav

Its humiliating and embarrassing that the Australian people elect Australian representatives as their government, but end up with a foreign government (the USA) controlling them. When will Australia finally grow up, and stop hiding behind the skirts of the USA, and flowing them around like little puppy dogs wagging their tails waiting for their masters commands. Its really bloody pathetic. Sending Bishop over to New York for 2 weeks is nothing more than a tax payer funded junket at a time when Abbott and his junkie clowns are telling the rest of the Australian people "they" have to tighten their belts on spending. What a bloody joke.

7. axialturban

axialturban Well-Known Member

It just happens to be where the United Nations Assembly is... LOL

To the OT though, Rudd was a classic example... the first 2 years was spent trying to learn about what to do (commitee's, consultations) because they'd done nothing in opposition, and when he actually tried to release some policy it all failed miserably, heck it even was so unsafe and incompetent people died.

8. m2catter

Why blame any government if roof installers use untrained people to earn their profits?
    I never understand this blame game.....
    Regards

9. culldav

I know Jules is not the brightest bulb in the box, so Australia's deputy PM forget that Russia had the power of "Veto" at the UN, and her attendance is going to accomplish NOTHING?

Smells more & more like a tax payer funded shopping spree junket now - doesn't it? :roflol:

10. aussiefree2ride

aussiefree2ride New Member

If you had even the smallest knowledge of the building industry, you would be gobsmacked by the amateurish stupidity of laying conductive foil over electrical wiring. You would be aware that it`s the responsibility of the Principal to write an appropriate code of practice. The only way to blame the contractors in this case, is to employ a miniscule common sense component, coupled with an overdose of blind bigotry.

The system that the government introduced, was a death trap.

- - - Updated - - -

What would you say if she didn`t bother to go?

11. axialturban

axialturban Well-Known Member

Hang on, she got her resolution passed!

[video=youtube;Qw9oX-kZ_9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k[/video]

12. culldav

I would say thank you Julie for having the balls for not being a US puppet. Seriously Aussie, would "you" like to be damned the way Abbott & Bishop damned Russia without any evidence and proof? Both of then "jumped-the gun" like amateur clowns in a circus, and it certainly wasn't the professional behaviour one would expect from senior leaders of a country. When they are both puppets of their USA master, I didn't expect anything different - really. I though Bishop would try and do something about that botched facelift before wanting to much media exposure, she looks like John Kerry in drag.

13. culldav

Don't you mean the US resolution? :roflol: :roflol: I have heard cockatoo's on a perch talk with more sincerity, than the obvious US propaganda Bishop was parroting.

Bishop is a snake under the water tank!!

14. aussiefree2ride

Sort of wandered off the topic under discussion a bit CD?

15. truthvigilante

truthvigilante Well-Known Member Past Donor

Conservative politics certainly in this country has developed a precarious mightier than I attitude on international matters. It is utterly absurd for Abbott and bishop to play hardball like they're a super power. This guy is dangerous for Australia, along with this silly fool bishop. If they think that this type of action will make people feel secure then they better think again. People aren't looking for tough leaders we are looking for smart diplomatic leaders who know their own limitations, not ones who attempt to puff their chest out and like their carrying suitcases under both arms. It's a ridiculous look that gets one knocked the f$@k out!

16. m2catter

What a pile of bull(*)(*)(*)(*), do you need to tell a mechanic that he can't put his spanner down on top of a battery, connecting plus and minus?
    You blame Labor, I blame greed....

17. aussiefree2ride

With such a high degree of ignorance, you`d be able to fit anything to your own agenda.

18. m2catter

See, that's just an error on your side, I expect the senior roof insulator to tell his young staff, how to do the job and what to look for and what not to do.
    Do you honestly want to blame Rudd for this disaster or those greedy bosses, who took on young men, without proper knowledge and training?
    Regards

19. slipperyfish

slipperyfish Well-Known Member

The problem was those responsible for implementing this program, Labor, never put in place parameters to make sure that those installing were fully qualified and experienced. That would of taken months to do and they needed it rolled out in weeks not months. Even before the first death concerns were identified but ultimately ignored. Yes greed probably played a huge part in it from point of dodgy operators but unfortunately the ALP policy propagated the inevitable disaster it became

20. m2catter

If you want to become a mechanic, you need to learn the trade, the same applies to electricians and plumbers and so on.
    How can it be Rudd's mistake?
    Cheerio

21. truthvigilante

truthvigilante Well-Known Member Past Donor

It's complete nonsense to try and point the finger at Rudd(wrist flapping hysteria) despite the fact he's a d!ckhead. Employers are hugely responsible and should have been hammered from pillar to post for turning a blind eye to the consequences of their employees and households. Dudd did the industry a favour and our planet but these employers absolutely abused it! Throw em in jail the scum! Seriously!

22. Diuretic

Diuretic Well-Known Member

Possibly an issue for the states and their work health and safety laws rather than the Commonwealth.

23. culldav

Rudd failed his duty of care to ensure the contractors were teaching their young, inexperience, & unqualified employees about OH&S.

24. slipperyfish

slipperyfish Well-Known Member

Never said it was Rudds mistake. However he was the boss at the time and it was his brainchild, like any business the buck stops with the BOSS. The policy of implementation was the issue, even if it was done with noble intentions. In your post you highlight the issue. Yes in your example these people are qualified, however the government of the time, ALP, wanted this rolled out asap, and that meant more manpower on the ground........ no time for training, just issue the licenses and get on with it. So every con man and scam artist jumped on and then we know what happened next.

Is Rudd guilty of murder? of course not.... Being a self indulgent fool, most certainly.

Is the ALP guilty of murder? of course not.... Guilty of negligence through arrogance, most definitely yes.

A tragedy brought on by circumstance, handled by idiots.

25. culldav

I disagree. I believe it was Rudd's mistake & he is directly accountable and responsible. Who else can be blamed for the shambles of this project & deaths of these young un-qualified Australians, besides the individual who planned and implemented the scheme? As the head of the project (housing insulation scheme), didn't Rudd have a duty of care under the OH&S legislation and WorkCover to ensure "all" the workers participating in that scheme/project were correctly trained and experienced?

In the private sector, I would be held legally accountable and responsible if I implemented a project, and something happened to my workers.