I do not want a mixed race kid - is that racist?

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by munter, Jul 19, 2014.

1. munter

munter New Member

Given the choice, I'd far sooner have a white baby than a mixture of colors - is that racist?

2. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Whatever floats your boat. I'm not attracted to Asian women (with a few exceptions), does that make me racist? I just don't find them aesthetically pleasing.

3. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

Well, first, you've got to prove that you don't have any other blood mixed in with yours. So, if your serious, you'll get a DNA sample and see. There are racial markers in DNA just like different skulls show different physical features.

So, if you have any of those markers in that blood, then it's pretty much impossible to have a pure white blood baby.

But yes, I personally consider that racist.

4. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting your baby to look like you.

5. munter

munter New Member

steady pie:

Well i for one AM attracted to Asian women, and sex with them is a fine thing, but not a having a kid - yet some would say this is racist.

However, I'd say it's down to DNA programming - ie: we want to produce mirrors of ourselves in effect.

6. munter

munter New Member

If the kid looks white and Euro, then it's good enough for me.

Hardly racist, or are you going to tell me you only hang out with Blacks and Chinese folk?

7. OmegaEnigma

OmegaEnigma Well-Known Member

The simple fact you are choosing your mate based on race for that reason makes you a racist, Yes. You are deciding who you love and want to have kids with based on a concept of race. Only when you can grasp we are all members of the same race, the "HUMAN" race, can you shed the racist title.

[​IMG]

8. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

I'm not very social at all. I can't stand being around people period. I have quite a few social anxieties and problems.

And actually I am somewhat racist myself, because all people want to do is get mad and yell and scream at me for not being like them. This behavior is especially prevalent among whites, for they are far more xenophobic than they'd like to admit. They may have different beliefs, but most of them don't like people who are not like them and will trash and bash anybody who is not like them, regardless of what walk of life they come. So it's not about skin color for me, it's about behavior and how people treat other people, and most Americans don't believe in treating people with grace and dignity. The majority of them believes that everybody has to be like them and obey their rules or they're worth nothing. And most Americans do not believe in persuasion and respect, along with inability to take the word no for an answer, they believe in coercion and force. Which is why we get all this crappy infighting and shouting at each other in this country.

So, in short, I can't stand most Americans and American culture.

9. Steady Pie

What exactly is wrong with that sort of racism? It's his kid, she should be able to decide whatever he wants. I support parents who want to use technology to ensure their kid is of a preferred gender, I support him for similar reasons.

10. Tram Law

Tram Law Banned

Wow those eyes really shine.

11. Troianii

Troianii Well-Known Member Past Donor

Not enough information provided. The answer depends heavily on your reasoning. If you don't want a mixed race kid because you think the child would be inferior, then yeah, that's racist. If you hope for your child to look like you and to keep your recessive traits, then trying to avoid mates with dominant traits isn't racist.

I've had that thought before, and I certainly would prefer my child to have most of my traits. I'm tall, have blue eyes and a blood-red hair, but those are all recessive so I would prefer a partner who shares those traits. I personally find them to usually be very attractive traits in women, but in the end that kind of stuff isn't that important. It can be neat, but it's not that important.

This can be interesting to think about.

12. Troianii

Not necessarily. It's all In a matter of the reasoning. A lot of people want their kids to look like themselves, and so a woman with blue eyes might prefer a man with blue eyes, because she wants her kids to look like her. Most would, at worst, say that's kind of odd.

You don't have enough in the op to go off of to say that he is a racist. I nfact, you're first sentence was erroneous. Be didn't say that he wouldn't have a mate of a different race, only that he'd prefer his(or her - I don't know) child to be white. For what reason *was not stated*.

13. OmegaEnigma

Because the very concept of race is an idiocy. The very fact that we can and do have babies with other "races" shows that it's a fools errand to use that as a defining factor. We are all part of the same genetic stuff, so if you are basing your choices of partners and procreation on color and not on character, then you are failing as a human. If you want to have a altered baby made to order in a lab, fine but don't claim it's actually your baby, because it's not. You don't have a choice about those things in a natural world, so if you chose to be unnatural, you can't really claim to be human at all, now can you?

14. OmegaEnigma

If the person you chose just happen to be white like you, based on personality and looks that appeal to you, then that is not racist, but the OP pointed out he didn't want a "mixed baby". that says he is basing his choice on RACE. Not on looks, not on compatibility, but on the shear concept of color. This makes YOUR view the entire situation "erroneous". I am NOT wrong on this, anyone who challenges me here IS.

15. Troianii

No, he didnt. He said that he would prefer a white baby. He didn't say he would not have a partner of a different race, he indicated a preference. This isn't like "I NEED a car that is red", this is like, "I'd like a car with leather interior, if I could."

That last bit of your post was kind of silly. You're right, and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong? Cause you say so, or because you used Caps lock? ;) I'm just teasing, but seriously, you just read into his post words that were not there. You've got to take his post for what it is - don't add to it and then criticize it.

16. onalandline

onalandline Well-Known Member Past Donor

It's a preference, not racist.

17. Steady Pie

For what reason? If their preference is for babies of a certain race, who's to argue with them? They see things one way, us another - no biggie.

Failing to do what?

I'm not attracted to Asian women. So what. Some people aren't attracted to red heads, others to tall people. Life would be easy if you could control who you're attracted to. Even if you could - who are you to hold your preference above everyone else's?

What I was referring to is selecting gender, not altering whatever genes you want. Why does your kid have to be determined by chance, who made that a rule?

Naturalistic fallacy, why do I have to fit your definition of human, or nature's?

Troianii and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Nat Turner

Nat Turner New Member

Nothin' good on TV today at Stormfront?

19. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

If the ONLY reason is the race....then YES.....it is racist.

20. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

When people have to ask "is this racist" then racism doesn't exist anymore because it is obvious when something is racist.

21. Nat Turner

Nat Turner New Member

That might possibly be the dumbest thing ever posted on the Internet.

22. doombug

Translation: there is no way this logic can be refuted. You are the debate champ!

Thanks for admitting that.

23. doombug

Barf-O-Rama! The 1960's called it wants it's post back.

24. UnknownGause

UnknownGause Member

No it's called preferences. As humans we can be highly discriminatory-- my choice of word doesn't help but it's true. I like chocolate ice cream, I hate hokey pokey etc. you are racist when you think that white babies are better than mixed coloured babies largely based on the colour of skin/race. When someone's race significantly contributes to your overall perception of said person(s).

25. Nat Turner

Nat Turner New Member

Kiwi person, I don't think people here know what hokey pokey is. num num yummy. Almost as good as Fergburger.