5 Reasons Conspiracy Theories Are Destroying the World

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by Face. Your, Jul 20, 2014.

You are viewing posts in the Conspiracy Theory forum. PF does not allow misinformation. However, please note that posts could occasionally contain content in violation of our policies prior to our staff intervening.

1. Face. Your

Face. Your Banned

2. Face. Your

Face. Your Banned

[video=youtube;YP-uq-dHJi0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP-uq-dHJi0[/video]

3. daddyofall

daddyofall Active Member

I think what's even sadder is that the conspiracy preachers don't believe in the conspiracies themselves, roaming the internet looking for validation so they can feel better about themselves and blame all their problems on "The Man". But late at night when they're alone, in bed, they know no one's to blame but themselves, the world is not that magical after all, things happen and there isn't a reason behind it, life is not like the tv show lost, and then they cry themselves to sleep.

Next day morning they're posting here and other forums.

4. Face. Your

Face. Your Banned

Been there, done that, and going back for more.

5. Face. Your

Face. Your Banned

because if you (*)(*)(*)(*) with US I will end you.

6. ringotuna

ringotuna Well-Known Member Past Donor

I once had the distinct displeasure of meeting a true birther. One Penny Kelso.[google her] She is one of the most off putting and obnoxious individuals I've ever met. She started in on her soft spoken rant, almost daring me to disagree with her. "We both KNOW he is not a citizen." She said, looking at me with a raised eyebrow. I told her it was not a conversation I wanted to have, then turned and walked away.

7. smevins

smevins New Member

Conspiracy theories probably don't do more damage to society than adults playing fantasy sports, but whatevers.

8. Azuki Bean

Azuki Bean New Member Past Donor

I don't have so much of an issue with conspiracy theorists although I don't think they fully embody their own critical thinking. My feeling is that if there is a significant unit of collusion with sufficient organisational and influential capacity to effect a theatrical performance in an attempt to misinform a truth on a national or global scale, there could well be a significant unit whose collusion involved the generation of misinformation in an attempt to misinform a falsehood. Stands to reason in my equations.
    But having said that, them being a reason in destroying the world? How about something that is destroying the world is the corruption and hypocrisy that exist within organisations. Whether it's financial fraud, broken manifestos, sexual abuse....the list goes on and we get new stories in the news every day. This is a not a reference to an elite cabal, just a reference to people that say one thing and do another for their own interests. And then the institutions that compound this activity as a means of protecting their culture, be it corporate, political or celebrity.
    So IMO the mechanism behind conspiracy theories is neither unfounded nor useless. But are some theorists guilty of perhaps encouraging investigation and skepticism whilst not applying that standard to their own information sources? Or to put another way, saying one thing and doing another for their own interests? Maybe.
    Which I guess means I can conclude they can fall into the 'corruption & hypocrisy' definition I used as a factor that is destroying the world.
    Still, questioning authority is worth doing, and if something in life is worth doing, might as well overdo it?

9. TheSteve

TheSteve Member

Conspiracy theories interest me. For there to be a fact there must be a hypothesis, or a theory. There for just because it is indeed a theory does not mean it will become fact.

You claim that these theories are a sign that "The world is destroyed!" ...Clearly.

In fact there are many conspiracy theories that really happened. Before we explore those, lets find out what a conspiracy theory really is shall we?
    -Conspiracy Theory: Noun: A belief that some covert but influential organization is responsible for a circumstance or event.

Now that we know what that means, lets look at some Real Conspiracy Theories.

Possibly the most famous is the July 20th Plot to kill Hitler. Members of Hitlers staff planned the Assassination of their leader and Madman Adolf Hitler. They did so by hiding explosives in the Wolves Lair, A secret bunker used by Hitlers staff and High ranking officials to Command his East and Western fronts During World War 2. Conspiracy.

In 1933 head members of Chase bank, Goodyear, GM, The Dupont family, And Senator at the time Prescott Bush tried to recruit a Marine Corps General to overthrow the President FDR in order to implant a fascist dictatorship in America. Why? Business. The plot failed and the respected leaders turned their attention to Nazi Germany where they sold and supplied key items to the Reich for their coming War. Fun stuff.

There is also the Gunpowder Plot. Most noted for the Man captured Guy Fawks, He and a group of other Conspirators attempted to load the British Parliament with tons of gunpowder. They were then going to set it off and virtually kill every member of parliament.

Before you begin calling all Conspiracy Theorists nut cases, and pulling stuff out of their rear ends, you can not classify 911 truthers and birthers among real conspiracy theories. America also has a right to be skeptical over the powers that be. As we have seen they are not afraid to lie to its people, feed it false information only to be found out on a later date. In the future we may find out that 911 was in fact an inside job and that Obama was born on Neptune. Before you judge a person for what they believe, judge yourself on what you believe and your critical thinking skills.

Believing everything you are told is the sign that you are indeed a slave. Look for the facts yourself, They will only tell you so much. Our history books are missing tons of information we should know but they don't feel it is important for us to know.

-Steve :thumbsup:

10. jdog

jdog Banned

This article is complete garbage. Conspiracies are a fact of life and while not every conspiracy theory is valid, every one needs to be measured on their own evidence and proof. The people who refuse to believe in any conspiracies, are as in complete denial of the truth as people who believe in every conspiracy theory. Here is an article that illustrates 10 conspiracies that are undeniable. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Pv6gRA&usg=AFQjCNFkmkK-D0dkTKotL_oTvnyeV7VOLw

11. genericBob

genericBob New Member

I give you pure unadulterated TRUTH
    it is most unreasonable to accept the
    idea that the top 15% of a skyscraper
    could "collapse" down upon the as yet
    undamaged 85% and cause complete
    and total destruction. THINK PEOPLE
    B 4 its 2 LATE!

12. genericBob

genericBob New Member

OK, I gotta ask, what is "4chan"?

or?

13. genericBob

genericBob New Member

ooooh ...... kinkie!

14. Don Townsend

Don Townsend New Member Past Donor

Yeah! The Government would never lie to you, to further their own covert agendas like the Gulf of Tonkin, Northwoods project etc etc. Never use your own critical thinking skills just follow along like a bunch of sheep believing every lie told to you without questioning anything. We use to be able to rely
    on the press to question and investigate questionable information and actions of our leaders, but today the press is totally infiltrated and controlled by our intelligence community so your pretty much on your own. Like they say IGNORANCE IS BLISS, so set back enjoy you're American Idol and never wonder about why homeland security buys 160 billion rounds of ammo most of which most of it was 40 calib. hollow points( outlawed for combat use and not used for target practice) more ammo than all our troops have used in about the last 10 years or the documented 800 FEMA concentration style camps strategically placed across the entire nation with 100,000's of thousands of disposable 5 body per caskets stored around them, or the training of foreign troops in the U.S. for civilian crowd control and lets of course don't forget the favorites OSWALD DID NOT SHOOT JFK, THE TWIN TOWERS AND WC7 WERE BROUGHT DOWN BY CONTROLLED DEMOLITION says over 2200 architects and engineers, SANDY HOOK AND THE BOSTON BOMBING WERE FALSE FLAGS if you think otherwise you haven't done any research on the subjects. BIG BROTHER IS NOT ONLY WATCHING YOU, BUT HE CAN ALSO LISTEN TO AND READ EVERYTHING YOU SAY AND WRITE . With the power of the Patriot Act they can
    rendition you without due process and nobody will ever hear from you again ! But don't believe any of this I'm just a critical thinking conspiracy nut ,you don't have anything to worry about or do you?!

15. genericBob

genericBob New Member

How about this:
    once upon a time... there were these 19 super radical Arab Muslims who hated AMERICA so much that they conspired together to hijack airliners and smash them into the very symbols of AMERICAN prosperity & military might. ( heavy stuff..... no? )

16. Don Townsend

[video=youtube_share;VTANZaYPCkw]http://youtu.be/VTANZaYPCkw[/video]

17. Mushroom

Mushroom Well-Known Member

People who play Fantasy Football generally are not insane, who try to get everybody else to believe that they are a better manager then the real ones. They do not feel it is THEIR DUTY to try and do everything in their power to get everybody else to join them in their insanity.

18. smevins

smevins New Member

Sure, that is why I get people inundating me with requests to join their fantasy sports league before pretty much any season. :roll:

19. Validation Boy

Validation Boy Well-Known Member

This article was designed to hit a very specified target demographic.

I see straight through it.

If I had read this article ten years ago, it surely would have influenced my feelings about looking further into shadowy government mysteries of conspiratorial nature.

Reading it now, its quite obvious where this weak-ass garbage is coming from.

Overall review...
    \Crap article for naive teenagers and dudes in their 20 s and 30s who are still easily manipulated by psychological bullying and other sophomoric Freudian parlor tricks.

This article appeases the weak of heart and unbrave. This drivel is for ideological pansies.
    Whoever wrote this article is a coward, and more than likely a mere link in a long historical chain of parental abuse of some sort.

20. Nator

Nator New Member

I don't see what's so irrational about discussing government involvement in stated conspiracy, as well as others. Government clearly has turned on its own people countless time in history. What's so hard to understand about that? It's naturally good to question and critique your government. It slows and/or stops the corruption process if people remain consistent.

21. genericBob

genericBob New Member

notice that the link is CRACKED.com ......
    need I say more?

22. Don Townsend

If there were more Critical Thinking Conspiracy Analyst like me with the intestinal fortitude (GUTS)To question Authority maybe we wouldn’t have seen the passage of the NDAA( THE National Defense Authorization Act) which gives the Government the right to arrest and to detain American Citizens Indefinitely without due process , The NDRP ( The National Defense Resource Preparedness Act)Which gives the Government the right to seize the resources of American Citizens in time of war or peace , or maybe we would have been able to find out why the DHS( Department of Homeland Security) Was hoarding 160 billion rounds of ammunition of which 450 million rounds were 40 calib. HOLLOW POINTS ( outlawed for combat use and not used for target practice). Governments can and have turned on their citizens. Putting too much trust in Government or your elected officials is dangerous. You cannot believe everything you see or hear coming from Government or Media sources , as far back as the 1960’s it was exposed in Congressional hearings the CIA was funding and manipulating the Media, that, could only have escalated exponentially to the present, partially evidenced by the Snowden Revelations about the NSA. Just because you don’t want to believe information about a certain subject matter whether it be NASA covering up evidence of Alien Life or False Flag events to further Hidden Agendas( i.e. The Foley and Sotloff Beheading Videos, The Boston Bombing, Sandy Hook, And 9/11 to name the most recent),doesn’t make that information irrelevant , invalid , or less worthy of honest and intelligent scrutiny. You are not going to suppress , stifle , or hinder honest and intelligent people investigating or having rational debates about the official stories of major events put forth by Governments or Media with a simple YOU MUST BE A CONSPIRACY NUT !

[video=youtube_share;sPanQV5l_jw]http://youtu.be/sPanQV5l_jw?[/video]

23. Don Townsend

Conspiracy theories so far proven to be true.

[video=youtube_share;gd1MgToetNM]http://youtu.be/gd1MgToetNM[/video]

24. Mushroom

Mushroom Well-Known Member

Well, to begin with those were not "Conspiracies". Of course, this is Russia Today, not exactly a shining example of "Truth" and "Honesty".

There is a vast difference between a Government Operation, and a Conspiracy. Primarily, the concept of it being illegal. Attempting to overthrow the Government could be a Conspiracy, seeking to insert operatives into the media is not. Seeking to subvert the Constitution is a Conspiracy, seeking to overthrow a foreign government is not.

The "Poisoning Alcohol"? Are people aware that this still goes on to this day? This actually covers a few things. "Wood Alcohol" is indeed poisonous, as is one of the products made from it everybody knows of, "Sterno".

This is because of taxes. Alcohol for human consumption has a Federal tax of $25 a gallon, in addition to any other taxes. Industrial Alcohol (which is already poisonous) does not. So in order to ensure it is not converted to human consumption, other chemicals are added. And are still added to this day.

Soeet, like most other things like this, it simply shows to me that Conspiracy Theorists can't differentiate one thing from another, and simply throw anything "Secret" together into a vast bin marked "Conspiracy".