Have you ever wondered why it's OK to make jokes about Catholics, the Pope, Jews,

Discussion in 'Humor & Satire' started by HBendor, Jul 20, 2014.

1. HBendor

HBendor New Member

Have you ever wondered why it's OK to make jokes about Catholics, the Pope,
    Jews, Christians, the Irish, the Italians, the Polish, the Chinese, the French
    (including French Canadians) etc., but it’s insensitive to make jokes about Arabs?
    We need to level the playing field for the sake of political correctness.....

~Jeff Foxworthy on Arabs:

1. If you refine heroin for a living, but you have a moral objection to liquor, You may be an Arab.

2. If you own a $3,000 machine gun and a $5,000 rocket launcher, but you can't afford shoes, You may be an Arab.

3. If you have more wives than teeth, You may be an Arab.

4. If you wipe your butt with your bare hand but consider bacon to be unclean,
    You may be an Arab.

5. If you think vests come in two styles: Bullet-proof and suicide.
    You may be an Arab.

6. If you can't think of anyone you haven't declared jihad against,
    You may be an Arab.

7. If you consider television dangerous but routinely carry explosives in your clothing,
    You may be an Arab.

8. If you were amazed to discover that cell phones have uses other than setting off roadside bombs, You may be an Arab.

9. If you have nothing against women and think every man should own at least four,
    You may be an Arab.

10. If you find this offensive and don't forward it. You may be an Arab.

2. Steady Pie

Steady Pie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Some of those are funny - in a "if you like raping children, you may be a Catholic" sort of way.

Just on number 2 - the price of full auto rifles is artificially inflated by the state, they're not actually worth the many thousand dollar asking price. The black market pays no attention to such legislation, so weapons are pretty cheap in the Middle East.

3. AlpinLuke

AlpinLuke Well-Known Member

Arabs? Muslims in general [Turks and Iranians, who are not Arab, included ...].

I guess it's about something they feel about being ridiculous. They tend not to accept it, thinking it's a kind of offense, cultural attack or whatever else.

In Italy there is a certain humor about Arabs and similar. The most known is about G.W. Bush :salute:and Star Trek.

AFTER the speech by Bush at UN General Assembly the Iraqi ambassador gets close to him asking for a favor.
    "Oh well", Bush comments, "if I can help a new loyal ally, no problem at all, ask ...]
    "Listen Mr. President, it's about my son Abdul. He is a Star Trek fan and last night he has asked me a question and I wasn't able to answer"
    "Uh? What has he asked?"
    "He has noted that on Enterprise there are Russians, Japaneses, Afro Americans ... but not Arabs and he has asked why there are no Arabs on the Enterprise in the 23rd century ..."
    Bush smiles and answers ... :oldman:"It's obvious: because Star Trek takes place in the future!"

4. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

I think the answer to your question is more or less obvious. Arabs oppose the West. With the exception of the Chinese, all of those other groups you mentioned are the West.

The reason the Chinese have open season on them joke wise is because they betrayed the revolution by going after a version of state capitalism and were successful at it. Some things just can't be forgiven.

5. IAF_Commander

IAF_Commander New Member

what a horribly bigoted and ignorant OP.

6. guttermouth

guttermouth Banned

that would also make you a muslim

7. HBendor

HBendor New Member

I disagree... Jeff Foxworthy is not an Arab but rather an observer of Arab habits and behaviors.

8. IAF_Commander

IAF_Commander New Member

If your post said Asians or Blacks or Jews then you would be banned. Yet, it's socially acceptable to be bigoted against Arabs.

9. igorg

igorg New Member

There are different types of jokes. Those were very soft, and more of a funny observation - definitely not terribly insulting. But to make you feel better, I will tell you a Jewish joke.

KGB knocks on the door of a Jewish family. Husband opens the door. The KGB officer says: "We were informed that you are hiding 200 lbs of gold. Is it true". Husband turns around and shouts: "Sarah, my gold, someone came to see you."

See, a joke about Jews, and I am not offended.

10. HBendor

HBendor New Member

They have themselves to blame I think... and this is not bigotry just an observation of reality.

Go through the list and find <ONE ITEM THAT IS NOT REAL>... Return and let us discuss it if you want.

BTW what is IAF stand for?

11. mak2

mak2 Well-Known Member

It seems to me I have had a pretty good and full life so far without making fun of anyone's religion. Why would you want to do that?

12. Colonel K

Colonel K Well-Known Member

It's bigots who blame and demean them as a group, not themselves.

13. RiaRaeb

RiaRaeb Well-Known Member Past Donor

Wot no "does my bomb look big in this " you missed a trick there bendy boyo!

Here's a good Zionist joke for you, Did you here about the Zionist who tried to blow a small hole in a ship?
    He messed it up and killed 250 Jewish refugees
    Heres the punch line It all worked out ok though he just said the Jews did it to themselves!!!

I love a good joke, do you know any about the Welsh?

14. HBendor

HBendor New Member

For you???????? Any time...

A married couple are on holiday in Wales, and they stop for lunch at the famous town of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

The husband calls over the waitress and asks, "I was wondering if you could settle an argument, how exactly do you pronounce this place?"

The waitress looks at him and says, "Burger King."

15. RiaRaeb

RiaRaeb Well-Known Member Past Donor

Truly you made me smile, if only we could all make each other laugh a bit!

One for you

In the Bible, God made it rain for 40 days and 40 nights.

That&#8217;s a pretty good summer for Wales.