Picasa

Discussion in 'Computers & Tech' started by longknife, Jul 20, 2014.

1. longknife

longknife New Member

2. Just A Man

Just A Man Well-Known Member

I had Picasa on my other PC, Win XP. It is a good photo editing tool. When you download the program it captures all the photos on your PC. It lets you size, crop, enhance, erase, etc. I think it's as good as Photoshop and PaintShop Pro, both of which I use.

3. RiaRaeb

RiaRaeb Well-Known Member Past Donor

A pretty good editing suite I have been using for a year or two now. Does not do layers but much easier to use than Photoshop. I store most of my photos on Picasa Web Albums, where you get a good amount of free storage. Easy to access from your mobile using a app called Picasa Album Viewer.
    Picasa itself works with most RAW formats as well as Jpeg, exif information can is stored and easily accessible. Be wary of the quality you upload in though, default is not that good so check before you upload.

4. RiaRaeb

RiaRaeb Well-Known Member Past Donor

I should add that I find the organizing side very simple to use as well, allows tagging buy just about any way you want and sharing to Facebook, flkr, etc very easy. I organize by picture type but I can chose to view by date, or tag. Good face recognition so you can call up pictures by name should you wish.

5. longknife

longknife New Member

Thanks for the comments. I'll certainly check it out.