The Pro-Life Movement and the current border crisis

Discussion in 'Abortion' started by Junkieturtle, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Junkieturtle

Junkieturtle Well-Known Member Donor

10484031_733951316662517_4254022798243580232_n.jpg
    A more perfect example of pro-life hypocrisy couldn't have been better invented with billions of dollars and the brightest minds in the world.

As we all know, there are quite a few children from Central and South America pouring across our southern borders. There are concerns about where they're going to go, diseases they may have, and who is going to foot the bill. All of those are valid concerns of course.

But yet, these are still children, ones whom I would think are no less innocent than the fetuses pro-life folks fight to save. So where's the compassion here? I've witnessed folks on this forum and on my Facebook talking about how terrible this immigration issue is while posting about how abortion is horrible and what about the innocent children etc etc.

So where's the compassion? My theory is the children coming across the border are simply too old. They've aged out of the bracket that pro-life folks care about, something that occurred the second they breathed their first breath of air outside of a uterus.

My other theory though, is much more simple. The problem with those children crossing the border is, quite simply, location. They're down there, not up here like the children worth saving are. But that is a paradox because we're constantly told that location shouldn't matter.

So what gives pro-lifers? Is it only American children worthy of your compassion, resources, and time? Or are these border children just too old? Should those parents have sent them across while they were still a fetus?

10547452_292737627574786_9159414675960351515_n.jpg

2. Junkieturtle

Another thing to think about concerning the financial aspect of the children coming over the border. People are concerned about whose going to pay for them. By itself, that's a valid concern because caring for those children will indeed cost money and resources. Yet, financial concerns we're told should be moot when it comes to abortion. What's the frickin difference? Someone's gotta pay for both the children coming over the border and the children born who would have otherwise been aborted. What, pray tell, is the frickin difference?

3. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

You'll never get a reply to that question from anti-Choicers.

But be patient with them, they're confused by logic........and don't forget, it really isn't concern for that "innocent baby" that they think is being aborted ...for them it's all, and only, about punishing women for having fun sex.......

4. Pasithea

Pasithea Banned at Members Request Past Donor

It appears that pro-lifers have no answer to that.

Gotta hate those really hard questions!

5. Fugazi

Fugazi New Member Past Donor

Because only American pre-born children matter, anything other than that isn't their problem.

6. The Amazing Sam's Ego

The Amazing Sam's Ego Banned at Members Request

That's partially true. Why should America have to pay for children who came here illegally?

7. Fugazi

So the whole pro-life thing about "saving children" is BS or they should change it to "pro-lifers for the American unborn .. everyone else can go to hell"

8. FoxHastings

Aren't ALL children precious "life"....or just the ones you approve of....talk about hypocritical,....did you care about these immigrant children when they were in the womb? Did you want them protected then? Or not so much????

9. The Amazing Sam's Ego

I believe abortion should be illegal for all women in America.

10. The Amazing Sam's Ego

I believe that illegal immigrants who have already stayed here for a certain amount of time should be given amnesty.

11. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Notice Sam proved the point of the OP.

His xenophobia over-rides his FALSE "love for children".

Again showing what listening to Rightwing Radio can do to a young mind.

12. The Amazing Sam's Ego

How am I being xenophobic? What does rightwing radio have anything to do with my views on abortion/immigration?

13. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

So, Michael "Savage" has never once broadcasted on the topics of abortion or immigration?

14. The Amazing Sam's Ego

Mike Savage talks about immigration a lot, but I've never really heard him talk about abortion. He hasn't influenced by views on abortion. I do agree with his views on immigration to an extent.

15. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

And when you apply your "love of babies"....to what Mr. Weiner says about the children on the Border.....which comes out on top?

16. FoxHastings

How about stretching yourself for a change and answering the questions????

And that response has WHAT to do with the post of mine you quoted?? Answer: (because you won't) Nothing.

Why do you believe only American fetuses should be treated like ""precious life"" ??

Are you a bigot?

17. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

It WAS a strange statement for Sam to make.

Now, he'll backpedal and try to say "I want no abortions anywhere in the world"....but it's too late.

Basically he's admitted that he has no problem with abortion in other countries....because those "babies" aren't Americans. His typing fingers got ahead of his brain...again.

18. The Amazing Sam's Ego

I never said I have no problem with abortion in other countries. I only said/believe the government doesn't have to take care of illegal immigrants.

19. FoxHastings

You don't have a problem with abortion in other countries !!??? How are those abortions any different from American abortions.....don't you believe they are all "innocent life"....how can you say ONLY Americans shouldn't be able to have an abortion?

Why not? Aren't ALL humans "precious life" ???

20. Junkieturtle

The larger point here Sam is that those who oppose abortion argue that it's inhumane and that the fetus has a right to life. It's constantly painted as an assault on children and that every life is precious. Mothers who choose abortion are said to do so out of "convenience" even when financial concerns leave them with little else in terms of options. But the financial concerns of taking care of these immigrant children are being used as an argument against doing so. It seems it's dependent upon whose financial concerns are deemed more important. That sounds an awful lot like the very same "convenience" mothers are accused of.

So taking those arguments that all hinge on a concern for children, I want to know how those who make and support those arguments contrast that stance with the views they have on the children coming over the border. From what I've seen, there is a glaring disconnect between "precious children" when it comes to abortion, and the dirty horrible immigrant children(as they are often portrayed) coming over the border.

Children are children. American children don't have more value than Mexican children. They can't, because that would mean you were being "morally relativist" and we all know pro-lifers don't do that because that's what they accuse the choicers of doing. So in a morally absolute world, there is absolutely no difference between American children and fetuses and non-American children and fetuses.

Yet it's not playing out that way. And I'd like to know why. Rather, I'd like to hear it from the mouths of those riding around on the tall ponies talking about the sanctity of life.

I already know what the underlying cause is and it is very much moral relativism. We are all morally relative, it's just that some(read: pro-life folks usually) of us don't want to admit it and even hinge their arguments on it not being so.

So Sam, can you answer the question at hand? What is the difference between those immigrant children and the children you want to save from abortion? Why does the value of those immigrant children's lives seem to be worth less than the value of an unborn fetus? What have those immigrant children done to make themselves unworthy of your concern and compassion?

OKgrannie and (deleted member) like this.
  21. Fugazi

what is the difference between a child born in America and one born elsewhere apart from location, in fact what is the difference between a pregnancy in America and one elsewhere apart from location.

the pregnancy is the same, the biological facts are the same . .so what is it that makes those "babies" different from American "babies" . .after all you are pro-life are you not, and believe in the saving the "babies" do you not?

I already know the answer, but it will be interesting to see how you dig yourself out of the hole you have made.

22. The Amazing Sam's Ego

I believe abortion is wrong regardless if whether or not the person having the abortion is from america or not.

23. Fugazi

then you should have no problem with children coming over the border and/or pregnant women coming over the border, after all it all abouit saving those children isn't it.

24. The Amazing Sam's Ego

It depends on whether or not they come here legally.

25. FoxHastings

You're doing your famous goal post moving .
    But it's very hypocritical to call SOME fetuses "precious life" that selfish women "murder" and turn around and claim it's OK to "murder" them because of their location on earth...these "innocent lives".