preventing sickness in poverty areas

Discussion in 'Health Care' started by ychris822, Jul 21, 2014.

1. ychris822

ychris822 New Member

i cant forget about the high number of people dying because of nonexistent of any medical help....
    how is it possible that we are able to create technological miracles everyday not stopping having substantial progresses in some areas and on the other hand people living in poor areas have to die because there is not even the simplest medical help for them???
    that makes me so angry

arent there better possibilities??

what is coming to your mind?

2. smevins

smevins New Member

Go to medical school and give away your services to these people.

3. ychris822

ychris822 New Member

of course thats a good thing but it would only be a drop in the backet! :/
    i would not be able to do more then the doctors there (of course help them), but in my opinion the big problem is the bad or even missing medical equipment....
    maybe too less people who care, or not enough of the ones, that have the opportunity (money) to change anything

4. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

Expand Medicaid and another 20 million will be covered. Then these poor folks will enjoy the coverage and improvement in their health as others are now enjoying.

5. ychris822

ychris822 New Member

so many poor countries around the world do not even have enough money to build up good hospitals!!!
    maybe there are ways to find cheaper possibilities to build up hospitals... cause in my opinion medical supply belongs to the fundamental rights...
    and there are existing possibilities! does a hospital always have to consist of stone? There are other ways to reach that goal!
    to me it is so sad, that one big investigation (or even one rich man) could change life for MANY people with the right investigation but the fewest do so :(

6. smevins

smevins New Member

Healthcare in the third world is horrible, but it is not helping improve anything for such places to always run to other people with their hand out. Sanitation and proper nutrition would help the third world as much as a new hospital.

7. tkolter

tkolter Well-Known Member

Federalize Medicaid and expand it, bring if foreign medical doctors from proper backgrounds and education and fast track them to general practice if they will work for Medicaid at government provided clinics in these areas, assuring national licensing after say a decade of government work and try other things. But it will take more reforms in some poor areas in the US to fix this providers need to be there and I would say a doctor trained in Germany or France or India at a good school is adequately trained to do general medicine here without any issues. Assuming they know English and most will.