Texas Governor, Rick Perry, calls out to National Guard!>>>MOD WARNING<<<

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Pollycy, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Pollycy

Pollycy Well-Known Member

MOD WARNING

After giving President Jive-ass over a week to do SOMETHING besides raising campaign money and playing golf, Texas Governor Rick Perry has taken matters into his own hands and is calling out the National Guard in the Lone Star State: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nal-guard-troops-to-secure-u-s-mexico-border/

Obama had recently been down to Austin, the capital of Texas, and he met with Governor Perry. Then President Magnificent flew away and never did one damned thing about the invasion of Texas by illegal aliens.

2. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

I think this raises several interesting questions.

Is the National Guard intended to be used as a political pawn for what appears to be an aspiring presidential contender?

What on earth makes a governor think that a branch of the service is for his beck and call?

Whilst I can appreciate that folks find this sort of publicity stunt to be demonstrative of some sort of leadership skills, I tend to think that this is an abuse of his office and nothing more than a way to promote himself. The Texas border with Mexico has existed for quite some time, and it is my opinion that Perry is simply exploiting an overblown "crisis" to further his own presidential aspirations. In short, a bit typical.

3. Husky23

Husky23 New Member

Serious?

http://www.arng.army.mil/aboutus/Pages/Organization.aspx

The Army National Guard of the Several States and Territories

There are 54 Army National Guards organized in the 50 states, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Territories of Guam and the Virgin Islands, and in the District of Columbia. As a dual mission force, the Army National Guard is normally under the control of its state or territorial Governor, but can be called into federal service by the President. Each state governor serves as the commander in chief of their National Guard, while their Adjutants General are responsible for training and readiness during peacetime. At the state level, the governors reserve the ability under the constitution to call up members of the Army National Guard during domestic emergencies. The President serves as commander-in-chief of units mobilized for federal service, and of the District of Columbia National Guard during peacetime as well.

4. PT Again

PT Again New Member

Who was it that said "never let a crisis go to waste"?

But thanks for admitting its an overblown "crisis" on O's part.........

5. Think for myself

Yes, I am very serious. Is there another question?

Clearly Rick perry is using the National Guard for his own purposes. Whilst we do not knwo what his grand plan is, I am pretty sure the National Guard is not for a governor to try and pretend he is enforcing federal borders.

But then again, it is Rick Perry, a man who did not seem inclined to use the National Guard for such a lofty goal in previous years, years when he was not presumably trying to run for president.

6. Nat Turner

Nat Turner New Member

And the National Guard is being called up to....what, exactly? Combat 10 year old children whose entire goal is to be taken into custody? To shoot them? Force the children back across the border at bayonet point? Post severed children's heads on sticks facing the border? Thank God, he isn't wasting sacred taxpayer money on stunts to further his political ambition.

7. Think for myself

O? Oprah? The Oracle? Or is the comment meant to divert away form Rick Perry and invoke the name of the president due to not having a logic based rebuttal?

Whilst I appreciate the need to divert from the shameless pandering of Perry to drooling Limbaugh fans and other Texans, can I be free to discuss the topic and left out of the poor strawman arguments?

8. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Lol...Was he wearing his smart glasses or waving a gun in the air when he announced this campaign stunt?
    Pecos rick is a national joke and is currently under investigation for corruption and abuse of power, so he wants to distract attention with this stunt.

9. JP5

JP5 Former Moderator Past Donor

Yep. He already had some of the Guard on the Border. We're the state that is getting bombarded......and the president is NOT doing his job......so someone HAS to.

10. Think for myself

Well, he did manage to get in on a publicity run featuring himself wearing sunglasses, hat on backwards, bulletproof vest, and a large machine gun in the background.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...e-while-touring-the-border-on-a-badass-boat/#

I am simply shocked that folks find Perry to be anything other than a shamelessly self promoting politician using what I consider to be the modern, internet version of grunting to make his points.

11. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

this is what I have been saying, the Governor controls the National Guard, Perry was asking Obama to order his states National Guard to do stuff, when Perry knew all along he could do it himself...

12. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

I really don't care if the man wears contacts or glasses. I don't even care if he is grandstanding for the 2016 election. I applaud the man for doing what needs to be done.
    Y'all can belittle him and us as much as you want, this invasion of illegals must be stopped.
    Is there any other country who would allow masses of people coming across the border like this?
    Yes, people in need must be helped, but must we help them here? How about enabling them to change their own countries instead of dragging down ours?

Bravo Rick Perry, bravo on Texas and shame on you, Mr. Obama.

13. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

Does anyone else think this TIMING IS ALL TOO CONVENIENT?? The story about his FORCING A WOMAN INVESTIGATOR to resign who was investigating 'OL RICK is just breaking at a national level and he calls out the GUARD??

14. nom de plume

nom de plume New Member

The National Guard is not Perry's to call out to. The National Guard belongs to national President Barack Obama. That's why it's called the National Guard. :salute:

15. Think for myself

No?

Personally, I find it a bit offensive that a man uses his office, his authority, and the resources paid for by the folks in this country for what appears to be a veritable campaign ad.

16. SourD

SourD New Member Past Donor

But you're just fine with Obama doing it though right? Yes you are.

- - - Updated - - -

WRONG!

17. Grizz

Grizz New Member

I note that not the first person who supports this grandstanding stunt by Gov. Perry has ever the REMOTEST idea of what the Guard will do, or be authorized to do. This is nothing more than another joke by a very foolish man who should never have risen above county commissioner.

18. SourD

You mean Clinton's law that Obama re-signed. BTW, that law doesn't apply anyway. Get your facts straight.

19. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

I don't see anything offensive about doing his job. That's what he is doing, first and foremost. Him thinking it may help him in 2016 is very much secondary.

20. Nat Turner

Nat Turner New Member

No true patriot has yet answered what the Guard is supposed to do. Shoot the children? Bayonet them? They are turning themselves in (that is the whole point after all). They are not trying to escape or elude. Quite the opposite. So what does the Guard do? Babysit? Play softball with the children? "The President MUST do something! Argle bargle harumphh!" isn't an answer. What specifically is the Guard supposed to do by way of protecting the country against 10 year old children?

21. SourD

Same could be said for Obama and not rising above community agitator.

- - - Updated - - -

Not let them in. Pretty simple eh?

22. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

I have a simple question ...

What EXACTLY is the National Guard going to...do?

Under Posse Commitatus they cannot arrest people. And except for some rabid hate-filled bigots, if they SHOOT anybody, it's going to cause wide-spread public outrage, be the end of Perry's political career, as well as a host of criminal charges against the shooters.

So what EXACTLY will those Guard troops do?

- - - Updated - - -

Remember, there was no such thing as a "George W. Bush Presidency"....didn't exist.

:)

23. Think for myself

Oh, is Rick Perry suddenly tasked with border patrol? I am sorry, but at what point did that become the job of governors?

Sorry Shangrila. I think this is nothing more than a bad candidate whipping up the masses into a frenzy by trying to look tough.

24. Dollface

Dollface New Member

Rick Perry could have done this along time ago if it was that bad. Anyways from what I hear the only place Rick is gonna be running for President maybe a federal pen.

25. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Shangrila? What EXACTLY will those troops DO on the Border?