Bachmann says she may make another presidential bid

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Think for myself, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well, why not? The last round went so very well.

Yes indeed, Michele Bachmann is indeed considering running, again, for the highest office in the land.

Again, why not? She certainly meets the constitutional requirements, She does, in my opinion, provide a plethora of entertainment value when she does get on a national stage. She will be unemployed come next year. Certainly she has the time to do it.

But is this what the GOP wants? Someone like Bachmann, who can be a bit loose with her words and considering the constant defeats of tea partiers in general elections, would she add any value to the GOP ticket? Or would she be viewed as another kind of fringe candidate?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...BlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-newstopstories

WASHINGTON – Call it Bachmann 2.0.

Rep. Michele Bachmann says she is considering a run for president in 2016.

The Minnesota Republican told Real Clear Politics on Tuesday that she learned a great deal from her failed bid in 2012 and will "certainly" draw upon those lessons if she runs again.

"Like with anything else, practice makes perfect," she said. "And I think if a person has gone through the process -- for instance, I had gone through 15 presidential debates -- it's easy to see a person's improvement going through that."

She also suggested her fundraising talents could prove to be an asset. Bachmann has been a Tea Party favorite and virtual fundraising juggernaut, drawing millions in individual contributions from across the country. She told Real Clear Politics that she is "one of the top -- if not the top -- fundraisers in the history of the United States Congress."

"And it's because people saw that I had an authentic voice, and I was fighting for them," she said. "I wasn't speaking to them like a politician. I was speaking like a real person who was fighting for what they believed in."

Bachmann, who is retiring from the House at the end of the year, said she won't make a final decision until then.

"I think it's important to have sufficient time to lay the necessary groundwork to have a really solid campaign and a campaign team put together," she said. "And I think probably I would think about that decision earlier than I did last time."

Bachmann, who could not immediately be reached for comment Tuesday, did not officially enter the 2012 race until fairly late -- June 2011. But her bid for the Republican nomination gained steam after she won the Ames straw poll in Iowa two months later. It sputtered out several months later when she finished sixth in the Iowa caucuses.

Her campaign was marred by several high-profile gaffes, such as when she said "the shot heard round the world" at the start of the Revolutionary War happened in New Hampshire (that was Massachusetts) and asserted that John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa, (he was from Winterset; serial killer John Wayne Gacy lived in Waterloo).

Her potential entrance into the 2016 presidential race was welcomed by Democrats, who have repeatedly cited her as the type of candidate who shows the GOP is out of touch.

"Given her record as an anti-immigration reform, anti-marriage equality, pro-shutdown and pro-ending Medicare as we know it Republican, Bachmann will have a hard time differentiating herself from the rest of the nascent GOP field," Democratic National Committee spokesman Michael Czin said. "In other words, we welcome her to the primary."

A spokesman for the Republican National Committee declined to weigh in, citing a policy of not commenting on candidates.

2. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

Comedians across the country rejoice.

3. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

LOL... too funny

4. tecoyah

tecoyah Well-Known Member Past Donor

If we allow her to play again...OMFG we are screwed.

5. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

this time the want to make sure she stays on queue

[​IMG]

6. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

SO TRUE! And, too funny. (Pun intended). They're probably writing jokes in anticipation right now.

7. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

We'll, we sure hope she does. The more circus clowns the better.

8. UnknownGause

UnknownGause Member

So wonderfully hilarious and also a bit tragic because she actually believes all the crap she espouses. She can just keep adding to the rest of the verbal diarrhea which makes the Republican Party so awesome. The whole 'shut your mind, and open your mouth" schtick is the reason I watch debates and try to keep up with American politics in general.

9. Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member Past Donor

You guys would probably get a boatload of entertainment from Biden then also.

Oh yea, he's on the left so you don't pay attention to his gaffes do you?

10. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

My favorite gift from Joe Biden was when he laughed and giggled his way through the vice presidential debate with Paul Ryan like a senile senior home resident with PBA (look it up).

11. Dollface

Dollface New Member

This is the (*)(*)(*)(*)ing funniest thing I have heard this month. Does this dumb (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) think she can win. Bachmann/Palin! I would vote for them just to help out SNL ratings!

12. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Well-Known Member Past Donor

Plenty of people get a laugh at the expense of "Plugs Biden."

Michelle Bachmann is like Palin 2.0.

13. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

Biden has gaffes of no consequence. Bachmann has gaffes of serious policy and historical consequence because she doesn't know the difference. Biden hasn't got a nasty bone in his body (but does not suffer fools lightly). Bachmann is vitriolic and mean spirited either by character or by intent. Both are UNACCEPTABLE.

I feel quite certain you have no idea what the difference is.

14. Osiris Faction

Osiris Faction Well-Known Member

Oh I hope she does. The primary circus that is the GOP is the best weapon against republicans during election season.

And the best part...they do it all to themselves.

15. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

She will probably just drop out of the race after Iowa again and blame Rand Paul this time....

16. LibertyRansom

LibertyRansom New Member

His gaffes are brazen, hers are stupid. Big difference.

17. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

The Republican men in the race need a waitress.

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Who will Rand blame when he drops out?

:)

18. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

I wonder what your posting style will be if he won....

19. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

How about a wager?

Rand Paul wins the GOP Nomination for President in 2016....I stay off Political Forum for a month?

Rand Paul does not win the GOP Nomination for President in 2016....you stay off for a month?

(BTW, it's a mirror-image bet. Rand wins the Nom?...I'll be happy as you are. He loses it?...I'll be sad as you are. If for a distinctly opposite reason.)

20. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Not an even bet as i dont believe you limit yourself to one screen name while i have only posted on this forum under this account.

21. mak2

mak2 Well-Known Member

Damn, beat me to it.

22. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

I could say the same about you...and "Gorn Captain" has been and WILL be my only account.

Or is it....you can't even risk a measly month off (and the embarrassment of me being right)....because you're not THAT confident in Rand's "assured victory" in the 2016 Primaries??? Perhaps because of his father's failures at it?

23. junius. fils

junius. fils New Member

Oh, goody.

I wonder who will run her various businesses and cash the govt checks they receive while she is on the campaign trail. Also, who will run her bat sanctuary.

24. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

Nope. BIDEN has seen it all and heard it all. And RYAN'S genuine earnest 'doe eyed' DUMBASS ECONOMIC POLICY POINTS in 2012 were recognized by Biden. And REPUBLICANS as well...

Reagans man...Stockman

Paul Ryan’s Fairy-Tale Budget Plan
    By DAVID A. STOCKMAN
    Published: August 13, 2012

News Analysis: Elevating Ryan, and His Budget Details (August 12, 2012)
    Related in Opinion

Campaign Stops: Paul Ryan's Liberal Fan Club (August 12, 2012)

PAUL D. RYAN is the most articulate and intellectually imposing Republican of the moment, but that doesn’t alter the fact that this earnest congressman from Wisconsin is preaching the same empty conservative sermon.

25. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

What, she didn't learn from the first time?