Interesting Video about black iraqi arabs. The rest of Iraqis are white.

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Ovadia, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y42AyGpno4

This video backs up what I have been saying all along. The caucasoid/caucasian/white race (or social construct depending on your viewpoint) includes middle easterners. I am of Iraqi-Israeli Jewish origin and I consider myself a dark skinned caucasian white person.

Even non-negroid/black arab iraqis consider themselves white as seen in this video. The US census also defines white/caucasian people as being from europe, north africa, and the middle east. Arabs are not a race. There are black arabs and white arabs. The black arabs were enslaved by white arabs centuries ago and taken to basra.

White people come in a whole shade of skin tones and colors, generally from pale pink white to olive. The sun tans our skin, and those of us who have the genes for tanning, tan more. Some white people don't tan at all, others from the same country can tan. Like germany for instance. A lot of germans only burn and don't tan. However, some germans have more melanin capability meaning they can indeed sun tan.

In hot climates, like Israel, Iran, Iraq, or Morocco or Yemen, we tan very well, but not always, there are pale white arabs and pale white jews from these areas that have freckles and don't tan very well. Most people from this area have darker hair as well, usually brown or jet black. My dad has jet black hair, olive skin, and tans dark brown, almost black. But he is still a white person according to the history of the term as well as the us census AND the iraqi definition.

Most americans and westerners confuse having a sun tan with your race or social construct category. Some elitist progressives claim that dark tan people like myself or my father label ourselves as 'white' because we are 'ashamed' or too stupid to realize 'who we are'. I would say in response, no, its you who are stupid and ignorant about the term white and how it came into being. It is is synonymous in most cases with caucasian. True white caucasians are actually dark skinned in comparison to scandinavians. They are from the caucasus, georgia, armenia, southern russian country like dagestan.

Some conservatives also label caucasians as non-white because they are too stubborn to admit to being wrong about their own preconceived ideas and the culture that they were raised with.

I say live and let live though. A person should be able to define themselves however they want in terms of race or color. Liberals do hold double standards, they hold the right to self determination to be true in terms of sexual orientation and gender identification, but not in this area. You are what THEY say you are. If you disagree, they will throw the whole dsm-5 at you in an attempt to discredit you.

Its so arrogant to laugh at iraqis that claim to be white too. Its saying that all iraqis are stupid or self hating. I am a white iraqi. I am not black iraqi. Iraqis are a multiracial, multiethnic people. Turkmen are not the same as arabs. Arabs are not the same as Jews. Jews are not the same as Kurds. Kurds are not the same as Assyrians. But we are all iraqis. And its also ok to be two or three nationalities at once. I am an american. But my dad is israeli. I identify first with israel, then with iraq because of our roots. The first doesn't negate the other and vice versa.

Its a simple concept really, but both republicans and democrats are very ignorant about the us census, the iraqi definition, the concept of whiteness, its history, etc.

2. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

from whence?

3. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

From sub-saharan africa. White arabs were a huge part of the slave trade of black people.

4. Glock

Glock Well-Known Member

You and this guy have a lot in common, I bet it would be a pretty interesting face to face conversation.....

5. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

but ithought you stated that black arab iraqis consider themselves white as seen in this video

how come when they are from afrika?

Does that not mean they are rejecting their roots?

6. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

No, no, in the video they claim that the rest of the basra arab population is white arab, not themselves. They themselves were brought as slaves to basra to build things for the white arabs because they are black, they were taken from sub-saharan, black africa. The white arabs played a huge role in the slave trade. Sadly this is never mentioned in us history class in high school. Only european slavery is mentioned, and most times, portuguese aren't included as european, even though they are, and they played a huge role in the trans-atlantic slave trade.

7. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

What Super21 said is actually true here, especially in Russia and Ukraine. Putin himself has mongol features. Lenin had 1/4 ancestry of turkic-mongol origin from the steppe. Many russians and east europeans have this ancestry. Russians are a multiracial multi-ethnic people.

8. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

Interesting at the timing of this post. I didn't even know there were Iraqi blacks until a few days ago when I saw this article in the NYT:

Will Iraqi Blacks Win Justice?

But I guess I'm unclear what point the OP is trying to make.

9. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

oh right, 'sub-saharan' caucasians then who think theyre white?

10. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

Is that what they said? when did they say this occured?

11. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

Thats been the well known history of this region of the world. Yes, they themselves have said this. This took place centuries ago.

Most Black Iraqis are descended from sailors and slaves who were brought from present-day Sudan and Ethiopia and elsewhere in East Africa. Zanzibar, an island of the coast of Tanzania gave the name Zanj to the descendants of these slaves. Slave trade begun by early Arab traders began in 9th century and lasted over millennium. Most of these slaves were imported to work in large dates and sugarcane plantations.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro_Iraqis

12. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

Black arabs, or afro-iraqis and afro-palestinians are of sub-saharan black origin. They are arabized blacks and identify as arab nationals. They are negroid racially speaking. Their religion is usually islam.

White arabs are not mainly of recent sub-saharan origin obviously, although some white arabs have black admixture. One could argue that many yemeni arabs omani arabs, saudi arabians and even yemenite jews have substantial sub-saharan african ancestry. Yemenite jews are the darkest of all jews (excluding ethiopian converts to judaism), they are technically not even mizrahi, they are darker than mizrahi jews and actually look ethiopian in many cases. Yemenite jews are Teimani, not mizrahi. In Israel, their music is not even classified as mizrahi. Yemenite, or teimani jews have very distinct music unlike any other israel music. Mainstream israeli music is mizrahi with some turkish influence, even if the singers are north african. Mainstream israel music, being mizrahi, sounds totally different from arab music, not just in language (hebrew), but in style.

Israeli teimani (yemenite) jews:

Yemenite2.jpg

rs9ytc.jpg

yemeniteshofar.jpg
    Not all Israeli Jews of yemenite origin are black or black skinned at least, some are white.

Like this guy:

אמנון יצחק
    flx_3761009_3166158_03_3.jpg

He is caucasoid. Middle eastern, not white by common american standards, but caucasian, white nonetheless. He is just dark caucasoid, subrace would be assyriod/armenoid possibly armenoid + arabid, if you believe in that sort of thing. He is identical to ashkenazi and sefaradi rabbis in terms of phenotype, and is probably the same genetically as well, if he would be tested, he would plot right next to sefaradi and ashkenazi jews, being middle eastern, but closer to persians, and other northern Mesopotamian groups like assyrians and azerbaijani jews (who themselves are genetic brothers of 70% of the ashkenazi jews).

13. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

Black iraqi arabs (or afro afrabs)

iraqiblacks.jpg

White Iraqi Arabs (Shi3a) possibly mixed with persian.

Amar+Abdul+Aziz+al-Hakim.jpg

White Iraqi Arab (sunni)

saddam_young_350.jpg

Obviously most americans would never consider Saddam Hussein 'white' even though he is (according to their own census). Rednecks would be horrified at the suggestion because of their obsession with nordic phenotypes, and progressives would be resistant because of their own arrogance and ignorance about race.

14. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

Black palestinian arab children

blackpalestinians.jpg

Black palestinian arabs also face discrimination from white palestinian arabs. Again, progressives and marxist anti-zionists would never admit to this, or that they even exist because it hurts their preconceived (and factually incorrect) definition of 'palestinian'. They want palestinians to be a race, preferably all to be dark olive or brown (no gingers or blacks allowed) because it helps fit into their 'white european' vs. 'indigenous brown people' characterization of the 'Israeli-Palestinian' or Israeli-Arab conflict.

15. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Intermarriage and trade between East Africa and Arabia dates back some 10,000 years.. and yet you sum it up as slavery???

Have you ever been to East Africa or Arabia?

Arabs never had any slave plantations.. In fact, they were hard pressed to FEED the domestic slaves they did have.

Have you read the rules for slaves in the Koran .. or are you just assuming and shooting off your mouth?

16. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

White arabs were a huge part of the slave trade. Don't yell at me. The video explains everything. Black iraqi arabs even say it themselves, that the rest of the white arab population discriminates against them, and they know they were brought there as slaves. They are even called 'slaves' in arabic as a racial slur. Btw, Israelis aren't allowed to live in Arabia, and my passport would be a problem.

As to the topic, you are denying history, or you don't know. If the latter is the case, read up.

Black arabs in yemen
    yemenifamily.jpg

17. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

The situation in Sudan is a typical example of how Arabs treat non muslim afrikan populations within their borders.

18. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

Have you ever read the rules of slavery in the Koran?

19. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

Not for a long time. What does this have to do with the fact that white arabs enslaved black iraqi arabs centuries ago? Muslims violate the Qur'an all the time anyway, so I don't see what your point is. Slavery happened in Iraq, this is a fact. Its history and is backed up by black iraqi arabs who are even called "3abd" meaning slave, servant as a racial slur to this day. In yemen they are called 'akhdam'.

20. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

This is even backed up in the bible where Israel was taken captive by
    Nebuchadnezzar

21. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

I have been to Iraq many times.. I don't recall any black Iraqis.

The Vikings and Romans also had slaves...

22. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

As an apologist for all things Middle Eastern, that is the most illogical thing you've said; and there is a lot of competition. Are you arguing that because you didn't see any Black Iraqi's while you were there, they don't exist?

And why even bring up slavery by Vikings and Romans? It's like you are trying to provide cover for Arab slavery.

23. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

They live in Basra, and are an extreme minority.

Of course the vikings and romans also had slaves, when did I deny this? I'm Israeli-American and I have ancestry from Iraq, just not arab ancestry.

24. Ovadia

Ovadia New Member

Yes, the southern kingdom of Judah was taken captive by the neo-babylonian dynasty. It took place in three waves, the most notable date being 586 BCE. Of course, I believe the ancient jews were mainly white middle easterners, dark skinned, perhaps mixed with black, and some jews may indeed have been entirely black as well. The majority however I can say with confidence looked like the white jews of north africa and iraq today. Dark olive skinned in most cases, but caucasian, at least by 19th century anthropology standards and terminology.

Here is an Israeli of north african israelite heritage. His name is Hebrew, Yosef Azran. He is Sefaradi (from europe, spain obviously). His hair is dark brown, he has prominent facial features found among semites, hair texture is wavy, almost wooly. His skin is white but with olive undertones. Tans very well.

azran_yosef.jpg

Here is an Israeli of babylonian (bavli) or baghdadi heritage (my ancestry). Same features.

ovadianetan.jpg

On his left is an israeli of north african sefaradi heritage, on his right is netanyahu obviously, who is of ashkenazi descent. Note that all men have the same hair color and skin color.

25. Margot2

Margot2 Banned

I have been to Basra numerous times.. I just don't remember any black Iraqis.