Ukraine - will the country win peace after it won war?

Discussion in 'Russia & Eastern Europe' started by Europe2050, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Europe2050

Europe2050 New Member

As the military situation changed massively in the last weeks it may be not to soon to think about the "after".

Provided, the RF doesn't join the fights with regular army, I think the fighting will be over in less than a month and "novorussia" will be a fact of history. So in military aspects the Ukrainian Military did a great job, from first steps as an underdog to the victory at last.
    But the main question for me is, whether the responsible in Kiew and all over the country will be able to win peace too. There are chances to get something like a common understanding of Ukraine that was missing the last 20 years and there are threads like revenge and hatred against those "traitors(east)" vs. "occupiers(west)". Also interference from the eastern neighbour is a risk.

First steps should be giving a hand to the russian speaking people in the east - punishment of the guilty, but no revenge. And as 90% of the people everywhere want to live safe and fed up, you need massive aid for those areas. US won WW2 by military and the hearts of the beaten germans by the "care" program.

In second, the russian language should be a second official language in the affected districts. That works in Südtirol/Alto Adige in Italy after decades of hatred quite well.

But the ethnic/languaged russian population must take a clear statement to this ukrainian state. Otherwise they will never get understood by the westukrainian mayority with their interests.

And I hope in 10 years we will have an Ukraine that is:
    - democratic (all non violent and non antistate parties are allowed)
    - unified in its state teritory (as crimea is an different theme I will let it out here)
    - pro EU (as, in spite of all actual problems, the mechanism of the EU supports democracy and economcal health)
    - a country where the rich and the poor have found a way of "live and let live"
    - a country where you vote for libertarian, conservative, sozialdemocrat, communist, green ... parties but not for "westukrainian" or "russian".

While the war was going, there were violations against these ideas by both sides. That's not o.k. but "business". But that may not be continued after war, else the Ukraine will not be to be rescued. The first step will be a handover by the winners of the war and an insight of the others, that they were on a wrong road and exploited by a foreign nation.

And I have a big fear, it won't happen, but a dream, it will. And that the last days of the war won't kill to many civilian and won't divede the people even more.

Maybe I'm a little to fast with these ideas, but that's better than too late.

2. martin76

martin76 New Member

If by Ukrainia you are writting about the Kiev authorities.. I don´t think they are going to win the war...

3. olegp

olegp Member

YES , if it would be separated
    ,and talking about democracy in Ukraine is funny,democracy in Ukraine is even less than in Russia,a simple example - even the term federalization has been under a hidden ban, even a presidential candidate Dobkin had been forbiden to speak it, using the fact that Dobkin had been under investigation. in the pre-election speeches Dobkin spoke essentially on federalization by sence, also the term federalization could not be used

4. larisson3

larisson3 Newly Registered

Russian Coast Guard - Arrival in Crimea - 2014 : Klatschen:

[video=youtube;75OcuUhy82Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75OcuUhy82Q&list=UUc8d-m-qWsf5EhZBolA58gQ[/video]